A2K Fantasy Hockey

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 10:54 am
Well it was an interesting exercise, though I still don't fully understand the stats or how to fully evaluate my players. Sorry I didn't get around to dropping Jerome, fbaezer, but I did learn that you don't drop players who are 100% owned. Smile All in all, considering the ineptness of their manager, the Owls did well I think.

We didn't get to see the Sharks play in December as planned--daughter was delayed getting in from Washington DC so the outing was scrapped. So I still have to see my first live hockey game in the company of somebody who can explain it to me. TV hockey is just a blur since the commentators assume everybody who is watching already knows all the details and they don't bother to explain much of anything.

But congratulations Alex. And Tico too--he put out a masterful effort in trying to get to the top.

And now it is baseball season. That's a game I do mostly understand. Play ball!
jespah

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 12:00 pm
@Foxfyre,
Congratulations, Joe!

I gotta say, I've never done a fantasy sport before where, the more I did, the worse I got. Shoulda just done nuffin'.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 12:24 pm
@jespah,
Whoops, I guess the MFD was Joe and not Alex. Not sure where I got Alex. But oh well. Congratulations just the same.

And yeah Jes, ignorance and not knowing what to do and therefore essentially doing nothing paid off for the Owls. No way I would have been as high as 6th place if I had actually done anything to get there. I did replace a few people on injured reserve and took guys off the bench into otherwise inactive playing positions now and then, but otherwise that's it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 04:48 pm
I'm glad we dint win.

can you imagine the expense of 150+ championsip rings....
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 05:42 pm
aww. The season ends? I was just making my move. Up from 13 to securely in 10th. Wait 'til next year, eh.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 07:07 pm
Harasho, Tovarich Joe!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 01:40 pm
@joefromchicago,
The Ticomaniacs held our own parade for Second Place. Woo-hoo!

It was not well-attended.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6882/2367490lg.jpg

For not knowing beans about hockey, I'm satisfied with my result. (But I think I could've taken Alex/Joe if I had another week!)

Thanks for playing, everyone. Now, prepare for defeat in baseball, where my team is getting ready to start thinking about becoming serious regarding being a dangerous team to be respected and feared.
jespah

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 04:54 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
... Now, prepare for defeat in baseball, where my team is getting ready to start thinking about becoming serious regarding being a dangerous team to be respected and feared.

But not before the Puppies bite you in the, erm, ankle.
0 Replies