Culligan Medalist + or Ecowater 3500 ?

fr8bil

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:29 am
Culligan Medalist + installed for $465 more that Ecowater 3500 on well water system with iron sediment and 20 grains hardness. Appreciate comments and information why we should go with either one ? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 14,960 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:12 am
@fr8bil,
So ya wanna be dependent on a local dealer and pay a huge premium for the national brand name and their advertising and then a high profit to the dealer rather than be an independent DIYer by buying online and installing it yourself or have a plumber install it with part of your maybe $2000+/- savings.

And then, depend on their one'n only franchised or contracted exclusive territory local dealer for service, on the dealer's work schedule BTW, because they normally won't sell you the parts or tell you how to repair it yourself...

OK. Then I say buy the Culligan because they usually have the fairer price and their dealer is more likely to stay in business and to sell you parts and you can find a manual where the Ecowater guys usually won't do either and their equipment is not industry standard and Culligan equipment is industry standard.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:17 am
but according to h2o man Culligan preys on the ignorant. Probably vote democrat, too.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 07:49 pm
@fr8bil,
What do you mean by 'iron sediment'? Are you getting ferric iro coming through. In other words, has the iron been oxidized and actually visible out of the tap? If so, neither softener will handle that, and additional equipment may be required.

Get more accurate test results for your iron.

If I had the choice between those two, I would have taken the EcoWater 3500. They are very efficient and have many features the medalist doesn't.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 08:23 pm
@Andy CWS,
I believe iron sediment probably means rust and/or staining in toilet bowls etc.. Probably because of some ferrous iron in the water and not having any water treatment equipment now. Or iron sloughing off resin in an old softener.

Otherwise neither of those companies would suggest a softener.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:53 pm
@fr8bil,
fr8bil wrote:

Culligan Medalist + installed for $465 more that Ecowater 3500 on well water system with iron sediment and 20 grains hardness.
Appreciate comments and information why we should go with either one ? Thanks.

Go for the ECOwater system.
Some type of pre-filtration system mat be required to protect the softener.
I can't be sure until I know for sure what your "iron sediment" is.
0 Replies