Recommend me a level-headed, cool-minded political blog

sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 06:43 am
@dagmaraka,
Sorry I didn't reply, dag...! I did read it but I was pretty much a perpetual whirlwind last week. I'll reply now.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:28 am
@sozobe,
okiedoke. just let me know if you want me to contribute one day. perhaps after the election. i am painfully uninterested in american politics at the moment.
dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:29 am
@sozobe,
Hey...your blog is cool!

Most blogs leave me wanting to choke myself.......

Now....when this bloody election is over, I hope it gets REALLY interesting!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 06:28 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:

okiedoke. just let me know if you want me to contribute one day. perhaps after the election. i am painfully uninterested in american politics at the moment.

Oh but cant you start contributing already? That would be totally welcome. Far as I'm concerned especially if it wasnt about the elections. We need more non-election posts, IMO. And we could totally do with a sixth, non-American blogger straight away, we talked about that via email...
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:59 am
@nimh,
Uh, OK. Russian historical personality pageant? With ever-persistent Stalin? Will that fly?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 10:07 am
Haven't responded to any of the blog posts yet (took me a while to figure out about somehow subscribing, doh!, but also I'm overwhelmed by the content.
Superb writing, folks, I'm entirely engrossed.
sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 10:13 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks osso!!

Do feel free to comment.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 10:42 am
@sozobe,
I will, soz, but want to respond substantively if and when I do. Meantime, I'm sending the link to a few non-a2k pals. Well, three that it would be appropriate to send to, that would be glad to have it.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:36 pm
@ossobuco,
So, the one person I sent a link to the blog to..
(I've a few others in mind)
didn't look at it, far as I can tell, busy person.
Today I sent him JfromC's take on the Tribune ok, and

snort, just got an email to me as one of many with a link to the blog post, with the post printed out.

Ok, carry on.

I still don't reply on the blog, fear of sounding inane and me too-ish (people are used to me here).
nimh

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 09:32 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I still don't reply on the blog, fear of sounding inane and me too-ish (people are used to me here).

Oh, but please do! It's always nice to get feedback.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 09:43 pm
@nimh,
I can't just say I like each of your posts, which I do, so far, and they're adding up...

I appreciate the nuances generally. Which is the point of observationalism, no?

Nimh, I particularly liked the one re the lefty punk group, red..skins; that was well layered and resonated for me, when I didn't give a **** re the punk scene in the first place - I ended up engaged in and understanding your description.

I don't mean I have to post as ms. smart, more that I want to be more incisive than syncophantic or at least not all syncophantic.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 10:22 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

So, the one person I sent a link to the blog to..
(I've a few others in mind)
didn't look at it, far as I can tell, busy person.
Today I sent him JfromC's take on the Tribune ok, and

snort, just got an email to me as one of many with a link to the blog post, with the post printed out.

Ok, carry on.

Delighted to hear it, Osso. Keep spreading the word!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 10:40 pm
@joefromchicago,
He got it, not just more promo news but why your post resonates..
You spelled that out (and that's why I read youse guys, not that all of your posts have to do that like some kind of clockwork.)

I've a bunch of people to send things to, but I think I'll cherry pick re the text and the person.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 09:02 pm
@ossobuco,
OK, a second friend blown away about 'observationalism'..roaring, "look, (even) charts! pictures!

that's two for two..
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 01:09 am
nimh, you have some bad html in this post that's breaking layout:

http://observationalism.com/2008/12/01/not-amused/

Most likely it's an unclosed tag or something. Lemme know if you need help looking for it (I use some tools that make it easier).

I'm also testing our pingbacks here on able2know. If it works you should see this ping your blog.
nimh

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 04:33 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

nimh, you have some bad html in this post that's breaking layout:

http://observationalism.com/2008/12/01/not-amused/

Most likely it's an unclosed tag or something. Lemme know if you need help looking for it (I use some tools that make it easier).

Hey, thanks for the warning. I tried to fix it - what about now, is it still broken?
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 12:50 pm
@nimh,
Looks good to me on Firefox.
0 Replies