Squinney and I Were Looking At This Article

Eva

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 08:07 pm
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:

wrong, schools are supposed to mold children into willing slaves. PERIOD.

nice try though.

if schools were about learning i would have excelled.

its about power, and mind control pretty much, good boy, go to work, dont express yourself, dop this do that, be normal, try to fit in.

yadda yadda.

dont talk back, even if your right, etc...

get real. school? learning? LAUGH OUT LOUD.

this place, where a kid gets suspended for correcting a teacher that says a kilometer is longer than a mile.

learning MY ASS.

Schools (and families and other groups) are supposed to mold children into productive members of society. Part of that (but by no means all) involves learning to respect authority, learning how to get along with others, and learning the limits of individual rights. All rights have limits.

I'm sorry if your schools did not teach you these things. But be assured, there are good schools out there as well as bad ones. Of course, there are also good students as well as bad. If I may ask, which were you?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 08:10 pm
@Rockhead,
He's so funny! Laughing
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:28 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Whatever. Perhaps you can dissect my logic without assigning your own prejudices to what I intended

a. Given you always peddle the same stuff, it's clear as glass. Clear glass I mean.

b. I could indeed dissect your...I won't call it logic, I'll call it your verbiage...but long experience has taught me that it's like attempting to reason with a sticky rubber wall...no amount of reason and evidence ever makes an impression on you, and sooner or later you you come away with a nasty latex rash.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:31 pm
@Borat Sister,
Which I interpret to mean that you are incapable of being objective. Or fair. That's cool. Everybody has to be something.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:04 pm
There have been quite a lot reports about this during last (our) night:
Quote:
School officials said Tuesday that it was the disruption that an 11-year-old's anti-Barack Obama T-shirt sparked " not its political content " that got him suspended from school last week.
Rocky Mountain News

Quote:
APS “[does] not suspend students for exercising their first amendment rights,” and in fact “students wear hundreds of shirt designs, including political shirts, without interruption to the school day,” spokesperson Paula Hans said in the release.

Quote:
Students at this school and throughout the district, have been wearing endorsement shirts for both presidential candidates. Because these shirts have not caused disruptions, students have not been asked to remove them.

Hans cites the APS dress code, which is reproduced in a student handbook for the district:

Quote:
“Any type of attire which attracts undue attention to the wearer, and thus causes a disturbance to the educational process is in bad taste and not acceptable. While preserving the individuality of our students is important, we also see the importance of preserving the educational process.”

School policy when clothing causes a disruption is to give students a choice to “turn the shirt inside out or change into another shirt” before considering discipline, the statement said. “Because the shirt did cause a disruption, we offered the student these options.” Hans declined comment to the Colorado Independent on any details of Daxx Dalton’s suspension, citing student privacy laws and policies.
Colorado Independent
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:56 am
@Foxfyre,
Like...rubbery?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 06:41 am
@Foxfyre,
You've posted again and again that you think schools are Liberal recruiting grounds/brainwash factories that ruthlessly suppress conservative thought.

You've used examples, again and again, of Conservatives doing something offensive and then being punished as examples of the supposed conspiracy.

We all know your bias, and your agenda, so you're not going to gain anything by being disingenuous.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:21 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

A concealed weapon at school, shooter...???

Shocked

You, Shirley, can't condone that?

http://www.concealedcampus.org/
0 Replies