Vaccine ~ Cause of Autism

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 09:12 am
Is Vaccines is one of the cause of Autism or is it genetic Condition.
Edit (Moderator): URL removed.

Izzie

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 09:20 am
@Surfguru,
There is no single, identifiable cause of autism.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 09:49 am
@Izzie,
Study dispels link between autism and measles vaccine

link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/04/AR2008090401411.html
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 12:18 pm
Hmm.. I will put my neck out about this one.

Jillian WILL NOT receive those shots if I ever have anything to do with it.
There are many things wrong with them, autism being the most embarrassing thing we ( in MY opinion) overlook as a society and allow our kids to go though for the sake of 'medicine'

shoot me.
Go ahead.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 12:50 pm
@shewolfnm,
If you ever have to choose between measles and autism, take measles....
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 02:11 pm
@shewolfnm,
Perhaps not measles, but I have heard this about the vaccinations for more serious diseases:

Quote:
Approximately 1 in 100,000 children have a serious adverse reaction to the vaccine. Approximately 1 in 1,000 children have a serious adverse reaction to the disease.

As far as my child goes (went, actually; she's grown now), vaccination is the way to go. The 1 in 100,000 chance that she will have a problem pales before the fact that she will probably get the disease and, at the very least, be sick for a week or two (and at most, die).

Even the "vaccines cause autism" theory grows weaker and weaker now that thimoseral has been removed from all vaccines. It was used as a preservative and has been shown to cause problems, although the link to autism was never solidly proven.

Shewolf, can you tell me more about your aversion to keeping your child disease-free?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 06:15 am
The things with vaccines is that you can be relatively safe forefoing vaccination in a society where vaccination is the norm. The herd is protected from disease outbreaks by the low density of unprotected individuals. But if most people forego or cannot obtain vaccination...

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/news/article.cfm?id=1592
DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:14 am
1) At least one study has shown autism to be related to multiple genetic errors, which were present even in the womb.
2) Autism markers have been identified long before vaccinations.

Autism is not related to vaccinations. Keeping your kid from being vaccinated simply puts them at risk for serious diseases, and moreover you're putting other people's kids at risk.

International study finds new autism genetic links

Genes"Not Vaccines"Linked to Autism

Quote:
New studies reveal a genetic cause and find no connection to shots containing thimerosal

By Nancy Shute
Posted January 9, 2008

Two major new studies grapple with the conundrum at the core of autism, the often-devastating disorder that can make it difficult for children to connect with their fellow humans. This news brings us two big steps further down the path of understanding this complex, enigmatic disease. And it reassures all parents that childhood vaccines do not appear to increase the risk of autism

I now predict that everyone will ignore the actual science and go back to their regularly scheduled hysteria.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 09:15 am
@patiodog,
Agree.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 09:22 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Autism is not related to vaccinations. Keeping your kid from being vaccinated simply puts them at risk for serious diseases, and moreover you're putting other people's kids at risk.

agreed

I would no more let a child I'm supervising play with an unvaccinated child than I would let a dog play with unvaccinated dogs. And I ask.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 12:29 pm
@DrewDad,
the link between autism and the mmr jab has been comprehensively dismissed, and the doctor who fervently expounded it has been struck off.

get your kids vaccinated and prevent the return of killer diseases. please
0 Replies