10
   

JOHN McCAIN AN ENERGY HYPOCRITE?

 
 
Woiyo9
 
  3  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:21 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Boy and that bill really worked out well for us. Rolling Eyes

McCain was right again!
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:28 am
@Woiyo9,
Drill baby drill!

Oh.. it didn't work then, did it?
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:31 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Boy and that bill really worked out well for us. Rolling Eyes

McCain was right again!


You do realize that McCain is now fighting to keep those same tax breaks for Oil companies that he formerly railed against, don't you?

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:51 am
@Cycloptichorn,
No...Not really (but nice try)

John McCain Will Establish A Permanent Tax Credit Equal To 10 Percent Of Wages Spent On R&D. This reform will simplify the tax code, reward activity in the U.S., and make us more competitive with other countries. A permanent credit will provide an incentive to innovate and remove uncertainty. At a time when our companies need to be more competitive, we need to provide a permanent incentive to innovate, and remove the uncertainty now hanging over businesses as they make R&D investment decisions.

John McCain Will Encourage The Market For Alternative, Low Carbon Fuels Such As Wind, Hydro And Solar Power. According to the Department of Energy, wind could provide as much as one-fifth of electricity by 2030. The U.S. solar energy industry continued its double-digit annual growth rate in 2006. To develop these and other sources of renewable energy will require that we rationalize the current patchwork of temporary tax credits that provide commercial feasibility. John McCain believes in an even-handed system of tax credits that will remain in place until the market transforms sufficiently to the point where renewable energy no longer merits the taxpayers' dollars.
farmerman
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:53 am
So far, the facts that Sen John has missed all the important votes on renewable energy makes his entire stance a sham. Obama and Biden voted for the 2007 comprehensive energy bill because of the restoration of tax credits for renewables. WHERE"S JOHNY, voted against. SO, , hes got a record of

1avoiding the tough decisons
and

2FLOPPING ABOUT on the others.


I think everyone has caught the issue that noone really is avoiding drilling, in fact, it cant hurt. IN FACT, drilling for gas can actually make us energy independent iof we turned our economy about

HOWEVER, turning away from all renewables as a conscious effort by one of the combatants is fraud on Senator Johny's behalf.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:54 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

No...Not really (but nice try)

John McCain Will Establish A Permanent Tax Credit Equal To 10 Percent Of Wages Spent On R&D. This reform will simplify the tax code, reward activity in the U.S., and make us more competitive with other countries. A permanent credit will provide an incentive to innovate and remove uncertainty. At a time when our companies need to be more competitive, we need to provide a permanent incentive to innovate, and remove the uncertainty now hanging over businesses as they make R&D investment decisions.

John McCain Will Encourage The Market For Alternative, Low Carbon Fuels Such As Wind, Hydro And Solar Power. According to the Department of Energy, wind could provide as much as one-fifth of electricity by 2030. The U.S. solar energy industry continued its double-digit annual growth rate in 2006. To develop these and other sources of renewable energy will require that we rationalize the current patchwork of temporary tax credits that provide commercial feasibility. John McCain believes in an even-handed system of tax credits that will remain in place until the market transforms sufficiently to the point where renewable energy no longer merits the taxpayers' dollars.


You don't know what you are talking about at all, Woiyo. You are seriously clueless. McCain has stated time and time again that getting rid of those tax breaks would amount to a tax increase on the oil companies and he will never support that.

Jeez. You can't just re-post his 'plan' over and over again to try and address questions about his PAST RECORD.

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:59 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I know the facts about McCain are continuing to frustrate you since you do not have a candidate who can measure up to his experiance.

So to summarize, when you post something from the Obama web site about his plan, it is to be believed.

When someone post something from McCains web site about his plan, it is to be ignored.

GOTTCHA!!!

PS: You also never addressed McG's point that Obama sided with Bush while McCain went against his own party. Why? Are you ashamed of Obamas vote on that matter?
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:02 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

I know the facts about McCain are continuing to frustrate you since you do not have a candidate who can measure up to his experiance.

So to summarize, when you post something from the Obama web site about his plan, it is to be believed.

When someone post something from McCains web site about his plan, it is to be ignored.

GOTTCHA!!!

PS: You also never addressed McG's point that Obama sided with Bush while McCain went against his own party. Why? Are you ashamed of Obamas vote on that matter?


No, I'm not ashamed of his vote. And I did address that in a post above. Try reading and you'll understand things better. You can find that post here:

http://able2know.org/topic/122245-1#post-3396502

I never claimed that you should believe anything from Obama's plans, Woiyo. I don't know where you are getting this from.

You don't know the facts about McCain on this issue. What's frustrating is that you can't have a productive argument with you anymore, as you don't live in reality. When others bring up points which are damaging to your case, you either ignore them or pretend not to understand them - or maybe you truly don't understand them.

You're slipping, man; for a while there during the last two years, you were doing a lot better, but lately, no effort whatsoever to have productive and fact-based discussions.

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9
 
  0  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:05 am
@Cycloptichorn,
"You're slipping, man; for a while there during the last two years, you were doing a lot better, but lately, no effort whatsoever to have productive and fact-based discussions."

Don't be so full of yourself...punk! You are not that smart.
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:18 am
Cyclo answered your point wo, you just ignored it.
Having a policy that purposely defunds renewables while still paying HUUUGER benefits on allowances and expensed items for oil is almost laughable. Large scale tech has always been reearched up the wazoo with govt assistance. Even the "computer revolution" was funded by the Military .

The fact is renewables still need assistance to fully develop. The playing field needs to be levelled. If your analyses were even half true, lets remove all allowances and credits from oil companies products and methods. Oils been sucking the front teat for a century now.

Even the new gas plays have fixed returns on their depletions built into their profitability projections.
You apeak from many sides of your mouth Wo.
Woiyo9
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:37 am
@farmerman,
At least it is in english. Drunk

0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  3  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:46 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

So what about Obama's voting record? Obama himself voted for a 2005 energy bill backed by Bush that included billions in subsidies for oil and natural gas production, a measure Cheney played a major role in developing. McCain opposed the bill on grounds it included billions in unnecessary tax breaks for the oil industry.

So, who is the hypocrite on energy and who is the reformer?


Yes, he did. That bill also included renewable energy tax credits and other programs to encourage us to build our energy base here at home.

It's called a 'compromise.' Bush would never have signed the bill that Obama wanted, so he took what he could get. C'mon, McG.

Cycloptichorn


Oh, I see, you are willing to elect a politician to President that is willing to compromise his ethics and judgement (Obama) instead of one that will stick to his (McCain). I guess that explains a lot about the Dems.

Until I see some links showing every energy vote and the roll call results, Farmerman's "facts" remain opinion. McCain is not the boogieman you fear him to be.
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:48 am
@McGentrix,
Hahah, I don't 'fear' McCain, I pity him.

Compromise is how our political system works, McG. Even if McCain wins the election, which is unlikely, he is going to have to constantly compromise with the Dem-controlled Congress and you know it. So why is it a bad thing to have a candidate who knows how to compromise, again?

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
COMPROMISE....Who else but John McCain has worked with Senators from both parties to help bring change to the Nation.

John McCain speaks about bringing change to Washington. John McCain understands that Americans are sick and tired of the same partisan bickering that has been going on for far too long. Obama promises to change our government also. The main difference is Obama wants to change which political party is in power and McCain desires a change in the way our government does its job.

John McCain is famous for the McCain-Feingold act. This was a very unpopular bill to republicans that was meant to reform the way our political campaigns are financed. McCain has chosen to live up to his own bill and live by the standards his reform enacted. John McCain has accepted public financing of his campaign. Obama on the other hand decided that he was such a messiah that he could forgo the public financing route and continues to raise money from the rich elitist class. Just look at the $30,800 per plate fund raiser put on by Jon Bon Jovi this past weekend.

John McCain was famous for working across party lines with Ted Kennedy on immigration reform. This was a highly unpopular bill not only with Republicans but also Americans. McCain understands that we can not have an illegal class of citizens. There are huge burdens placed on society when illegals reap American benefits without really paying into those same programs. Obama supported the immigration reform because he felt he could lock up another minority class. He never really backed the bill. All he really backed was allowing a path to citizenship for illegals.

http://thelizardannex.blogspot.com/2008/09/mccain-history-of-working-across-aisle.html

Has Obama ever gone against his party? NO.

You want change, vote for McCain/Palin
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:13 pm
@McGentrix,
According to factcheck.org that bill actually slightly raised taxes on oil companies.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_mccain.html
0 Replies
 
Cliff Hanger
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:19 pm
@squinney,
To add to this: they also said McCain was not present for the day the Senate voted on comprehensive energy reform-- even though McCain is touting his openess to no longer being oil dependent.



McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:23 pm
@Cliff Hanger,
Yes, but he had a note from mom excusing his absence. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:25 pm
@Woiyo9,
Let me see if I have this right. You believe you are more likely to get change by re-electing the same party that is in power but candidates who have some history of going against their party sometimes, but not by electing a completely different political party. What change, exactly, is it that you want to see?
McGentrix
 
  2  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:40 pm
@FreeDuck,
McCain is not Bush despite the Lefts best efforts to prtray him as such.

That would be change. McCain Not Equal the Republican party.
FreeDuck
 
  3  
Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Err, I didn't say he was Bush. But he is running on the Republican ticket and, to my knowledge, hasn't actually accepted any responsibility for what his party has done while in power or repudiated it. So what is he planning to change?
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
Are all Republicans Idiots? - Question by BigEgo
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2014 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 08/20/2014 at 04:42:18