• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,606 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 05:14 pm
@sherry lambert,
At the last company I worked for they made me do a lot of IQ tests to do some internal benchmarking and I ended up learning a lot about the IQ testing services that employers used.

If you are familiar with the common types of IQ test questions you can improve on it slightly, but the best advice I can give you for most of the corporate IQ tests I have seen is to just work fast. I've found that in most of the tests I took repeatedly if I'd skip anything I couldn't immediately see the answer for within a few seconds it would make a pretty big difference in my score. It was better than getting a fewer number of questions all correct.

So if you see a timed element to the test where there is not a fixed number of questions and it will let you answer as many as you can within a specific time frame then just go as fast as you can.

But all of that said, you should realize that they are trying to measure innate intelligence and you aren't supposed to be able to improve your scores that much. You certainly can, because the tests aren't perfect and if you do enough of a certain type of pattern recognition you begin to regognize meta patterns they use to make the questions, but this is the type of test where you can't do much to ace it.

So if you want to get slightly better scores: take a lot of IQ tests and get good at the kind of spacial logic and pattern recognition questions they ask, and then when you are taking a test don't fret the individual answers too much and try to answer the ones you can quickly.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 05:17 pm
sherry lambert, Welcome to a2k. Any company that uses iq test as a qualifier for employment does not know what they are doing. What matters most is how an employee produces what the company produces or services. Iq tests are very limiting to know how an individual will perform on the job. Skills based tests says more about the applicant than iq tests.
HexHammer

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 05:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Iq tests are very limiting to know how an individual will perform on the job. Skills based tests says more about the applicant than iq tests.
I must agree with this, IQ tests does not test moral, ethics, mental disabilities ..etc, purely the math IQ.

It's the personallity test that should matter more than IQ tests.
0 Replies

jack88

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 11:18 pm
Need to practice to solve IQ tests.
Then comes the experience of solving such tasks.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:28 am
@jack88,
In other words, don't feel inadequate just because you fail those IQ tests; the managers of companies that test IQ only are missing the most important skills of the applicant. They are the ones that needs better management skills.
jack88

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 08:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
IQ tests determine the level of logical thinking.
0 Replies