FINAL COUNTDOWN FOR USA ELECTION 2008

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:12 pm
McCain said he's going to cut waste, but with his push for Bush's tax cuts to become permanent, what makes him think our country will be better off? Bush's tax cuts (for the wealthy) has not produced the jobs he promised, and the middle class and poor are losing their jobs and homes as we speak. The unemployment rate is now over 6 percent, and McCain wants more of the same.

How can voters wish or want more of the same? Are they all masochists?
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You might have a case CI if you can track any lost jobs or defaulted mortgages to those tax cuts. I'm pretty darn sure that you can't do that, but give it your best shot.
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:29 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Dunno. I sure think her assertion that she would "love to have Palin on" holds no water whatsoever. Very magnanimous of her to maintain 'neutrality' on her show AFTER she has given her chosen candidate some significant face time though, don't you think?

Greenwitch, whom I know to be an Obama supporter, is taking a much more realistic view than Oprah is.

I can see how, having already endorsed a candidate, she might think it better not to use her show to interview any candidates. Can you see how those interviews would be picked apart for bias? Oprah is not stupid -- I am sure she knows how some people would take it if she doesnt have Palin on. But if she says she promised not to have any candidates on, and she hasnt up till now, then she is just being consistent.

I think its all moot anyway. Palin doesnt seem interested in giving interviews.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:30 pm
@Foxfyre,
Fox, It's quite obvious unless you are totally blind - and dumb. Bush promised jobs with his tax cuts, but in fact jobs creation under Bush is the worst since Hoover. Those "are" facts.
parados

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
Good luck on the weekend polling numbers..

The Democratic bounce occurred on the Wed and Thurs of their convention. There was little change on the weekend following the convention even with McCain announcing his VP on Friday.

You just posted a story about the GOP bounce from the Thurs polling after you have been telling us the polls won't show it until the weekend. Do you always undercut your own argument and ignore facts?

Wait.. don't answer that question.. We want to be surprised by your actions.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:32 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Good luck on the weekend polling numbers..

Wait until Tuesday.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:32 pm
Here's the rate of job growth for the administrations since 1960:

Kennedy-Johnson 3.27%
Nixon-Ford 4.93%
Carter 3.06%
Reagan 2.06%
Bush I 0.60%
Clinton 2.38%
Bush II 0.59%

--Dean Baker
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:33 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Don't see how there can be an "October surprise" when the anti-Palin media blitz is dragging through the mud every thing negative they can find or make up about her all the way back to gradeschool.

Megan Kelly on Fox absolutely nailed the US Magazine editor this week though. He was lying through his teeth multiple times and she had done her homework so that she exposed him in every one of them.

Do you know who wrote that US Magazine piece? It was a McCain supporter. Though I agree that the rumor mill has really been rolling in the mud since the Palin announcement, I think it is only to be expected that the press will dig through everything publicly available about Palin. That is their job. We dont know who she is and we only have about 2 more months to find out. Im sure it isnt pleasant for Palin, but tough ****, frankly. She isnt a wilting flower. I am sure she can handle it. People need to know who they are voting for.
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Fox, It's quite obvious unless you are totally blind - and dumb. Bush promised jobs with his tax cuts, but in fact jobs creation under Bush is the worst since Hoover. Those "are" facts.

I could very well be totally blind and dumb--so elegant of you to say so--but if it is so obvious as you say, why don't you post your data showing how those tax cuts cost the people jobs and homes?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The job market tends to slow when our country is at war.
Bush had great plans that were sidetracked when we were attacked.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Here's the rate of job growth for the administrations since 1960:

Kennedy-Johnson 3.27%
Nixon-Ford 4.93%
Carter 3.06%
Reagan 2.06%
Bush I 0.60%
Clinton 2.38%
Bush II 0.59%

--Dean Baker

Great you can look up statistics. I'm proud of you.

Now show us some that show how it was specifically the Bush tax cuts and not something else that cost people jobs and homes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:44 pm
And this from Fox News: (He grew jobs, alright. LOL)

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > POLITICS
Federal Budget Grows Massively Under Bush

Monday, January 12, 2004

By Peter Brownfeld
WASHINGTON " Conservative observers and budget watchdogs are hoping that President Bush breaks a three-year trend of massive spending increases when he sends Congress his 2005 proposed budget for the federal government on Feb. 2.

But budget experts say while the new Bush budget is likely to be somewhat more austere than previous ones, it will not be radically different.

"There are people in the Republican Party who are becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the high level of spending. The difficulty is going to be controlling spending in an election year," said Maya MacGuineas, executive director of the Committee for a Responsible Budget (search).

In the three years since Bush took office, discretionary spending " money that is not tied to long-term entitlements, including defense, domestic security, education and transportation " has grown by 31.5 percent. Non-discretionary spending " mandatory programs such as Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid " has reached record highs.

Overall, federal spending grew on average by 7.6 percent in each of the last two years, more than double the 3.4 percent average annual growth under the Clinton administration.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:46 pm
@FreeDuck,
Yes, Sarah has shown she can take criticism, even cruel, malicious, sexist, unfair, and dishonest criticism, and she can take it with poise, grace, and good humor without playing the victim in any respect, which is more than I can say of Senator Obama's ability to even take mild criticism. (The issue on the US Magazine was not the writer, but the content which was blatantly dishonest in fact and/or omission--it was the worst kind of yellow journalism and the managing editor who is responsible for all content was justifiably exposed and thoroughly humiliated because of it.)

But I'm still curious as to what your take is on the Oprah flap, FD.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:47 pm
@Foxfyre,
Fox, It's too spacial for you to understand; Bush promised jobs with his tax cuts that never came. As a matter of fact, the stats provided proof that under Bush, job creation was the worst since 1960.
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Fox, It's too spacial for you to understand; Bush promised jobs with his tax cuts that never came. As a matter of fact, the stats provided proof that under Bush, job creation was the worst since 1960.

Okay CI. That's okay. I understand that you have to say stuff to have anything to say at all, and it's okay that you don't know how to back up what you make up.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:50 pm
@Foxfyre,
Lol, that's rich, coming from you, Fox; queen of the non-factual statement, that you refuse to back off of when shown that you are wrong - just like the beginning of this thread, when I used actual data to show that your claims that the race is tied are in fact incorrect.

Cylcoptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
The whole 'McCain represents change' meme is a joke.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/images/2008/09/05/c_09052008_520.jpg

He represents nothing of the sort. He will continue to do things exactly as Bush has done them on a wide variety of issues. He agrees with Bush on every major issue of our time. How can anyone think that he represents any sort of change at all?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:51 pm
@Foxfyre,
I gave it further up. Here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:52 pm
Since McCain wants to make Bush's tax cuts permanent, we're going to suffer more job loss. It's really a simple concept, but it requires one to use some common sense and a bit of logic - which you seem to lack.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I won't get into a pissing contest with either of you Cyclop. If you have fun throwing out insults at me, fine. But the fact is CI made a statement that he cannot back up and defends it with personal insults. I try very hard not to do that kind of sophomoric behavior to anybody.

I gave you the source of my data re the status of the race, and did not dismiss your source or call you any names. I do have a quote of yours saved, however, in which you flat out stated that you were not obligated to defend anything you said. So let's not get into this, okay?