How does one uninstall a program?

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:22 pm
About a day ago I read a computer ad for "No Script" which sounded like good security software. But it seems to be screwing everything up. I came to this site for some advice & at the top of the page I find a message that my No Script is interfering with the pages Java Script. What steps should I take to uninstall this No Script?

hingehead

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:57 pm
@Woollcott,
Howdy Woollcott - long time no see.

Generally the rule of thumb is to go to Start-Control Panel- Add or Remove Programs. Pick the one you want to remove from the list and click the Change/Remove button and follow the cues.
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:59 pm
@Woollcott,
No Script is a Firefox plugin, to disable it go to Tools (in your browser) then Add Ons and you can uninstall it.

Those instructions are for Firefox 3, and if you have Firefox 2 it may be slightly different wording but you should be able to find it in your tools menu.
Woollcott

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 07:11 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Bob Gentel:
Thanks for the advice. It worked like a charm! Someone whose computer knowledge (I am computer illiterate) I respect tried to remove it, but it came back. Many thanks!
Smiles4Miles222

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 12:24 pm
@Woollcott,
Glad it worked out for you Smile
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:05 pm
@hingehead,
In reading the replies to this question, I was shocked to find that I had overlooked your answer. My apologies. It wasn't intentional.
0 Replies

kiran11

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 02:12 am
@Woollcott,
it is very easy , go to ur add & remove prog, & u can easily remove
0 Replies

snj

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 05:34 am
@Woollcott,
Maybe you should go to the control panel, add/remove programs, locate the software and click the uninstall/remove button.
0 Replies