John McCain To Speak Tonight

gungasnake

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:25 am
@eoe,
McCain could likely function without one. Oinkbama in all likelihood couldn't wipe his ass without a teleprompter.
eoe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:43 am
@gungasnake,
And you base this likelihood on what?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:48 am
Are you ready to see Obama go on a two month long smear campaign in a futile effort to ruin McCain & Palin?

He and Biden are not equipped to compete with the republican team - Obama is toast.
eoe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:06 am
@H2O MAN,
Keep Hope Alive!
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:06 am
@H2O MAN,
Some of McCain's words...

* I understand who I work for. I don't work for a party.

* We were elected to change Washington, and we let Washington change us.

* We believe in low taxes; spending discipline, and open markets. We believe in rewarding hard work and risk takers and letting people keep the fruits of their labor.

* I will keep taxes low and cut them where I can. My opponent will raise them. I will open new markets to our goods and services. My opponent will close them. I will cut government spending. He will increase it.

* His plan will force small businesses to cut jobs, reduce wages, and force families into a government run health care system where a bureaucrat stands between you and your doctor.

* We will drill new wells offshore, and we'll drill them now

* My grandfather came home from that same war exhausted from the burdens he had borne, and died the next day. In Vietnam, where I formed the closest friendships of my life, some of those friends never came home with me. I hate war. It is terrible beyond imagination.

* The constant partisan rancor that stops us from solving these problems isn't a cause, it's a symptom. It's what happens when people go to Washington to work for themselves and not you.

* Russia's leaders, rich with oil wealth and corrupt with power, have rejected democratic ideals and the obligations of a responsible power. They invaded a small, democratic neighbor to gain more control over the world's oil supply, intimidate other neighbors, and further their ambitions of reassembling the Russian empire.

* I'm not running for president because I think I'm blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need. My country saved me.
My country saved me, and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:09 am
What is killing me about McCain talking about change is that the change he is offering is the exact same policies we have right now.

Quote:
McCain, who has a reputation of bucking party's orthodoxy, promised he and vice presidential running mate Sarah Palin would shatter the political gridlock in Washington.

Let me offer an advance warning to the old, big-spending, do-nothing, me-first, country-second Washington crowd: change is coming," McCain said, adding he was honored to accept the party's nomination.

Democrats dismissed McCain as no agent of change and tied him to fellow Republican President George W. Bush, who was rarely mentioned during the party's convention.

"After days of negative attacks -- and no mention of real proposals to fix our economy, get more people health care, or make America safer -- the party that brought you eight years of disastrous policies is asking for four more," Obama's vice presidential pick Joe Biden said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080905/pl_afp/usvote

So instead of trying to put money into our own country, we should keep shoveling money into Iraq while they have record oil money surpluses and that would make a change in the direction the country is in how? Polls have said they don't like the direction the country is in, McCain want's to keep it the same and call it a change. He has simply hijacked Obama's line (because it appeals or else why steal it?) under false pretenses.

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:17 am
@revel,
Change is coming to Washington via McCain & Palin!
revel

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:19 am
@H2O MAN,
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:29 am
@eoe,
Live the dream!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:03 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
We're about 10 minutes into McCain's speech and there have already been three liberal nuts making a scene.

If by "three liberal nuts" you mean "a single Ron Paul supporter," then you're right.

clicky poppy
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 02:03 pm
@joefromchicago,
As a matter of fact, your link made a very good issue about McCain voting against our veterans. That McCain would make his own POW status as some badge to the presidency is silly and stupid.
Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 02:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI
My observation is this.
Projecting the ordeal of POW will get sympathetic attention from some but not all. USA needs a better leader and not a warmonger
He is a Berlusconi', made in USA.
His first wife is alive and he had praised all the others without mentioning the existense of his first wife.
Country first is the slogan. I can quote that slogan to expose the long long list of Republicans who had discarded this and made (uneithcal misuse) mistakes and thereby landed in a secluded prisons.
Why he wants to reshape the system in which he had identified for the last 20 or more years.
The non_Americans will have a hearty laugh if he is elected .
Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 03:14 pm
@Ramafuchs,
McCain is Running on the Amnesia Platform
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/mccain-is-running-on-the-_b_124135.html
This guy is suitable to the grand old United State of Amesia and not the modern USA
0 Replies