Anti-fascist hacker group break into 'Blood & Honour' server

old europe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:07 pm
@High Seas,
Merriam-Webster wrote:
Main Entry: civil disobedience
Function: noun
Date: 1866

: refusal to obey governmental demands or commands especially as a nonviolent and usually collective means of forcing concessions from the government

It seems to me that hacking computers, whether a criminal act or not, would neatly fall into the "nonviolent" category.
High Seas

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:11 pm
@old europe,
Hi, OE, you're a member of the legal tribe, as I recall. Is it your contention that "civil" and "criminal" offenses are one and the same? Or that any offense punishable by "up to 10 years in prison" could be a "civil" offense? Pray tell!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:20 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Hi, OE, you're a member of the legal tribe, ...

Ha! He's an underpaid Assistant Deputy Chief. Wink
High Seas

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks, Walter, so the tribe has a chief, and an assistant deputy chief, with whom we have the honor of corresponding - so I hope he can explain how any civil trespass involving damages to property could result in 10 years' imprisonment.......

PS as already noted, I'm not a member of that tribe, all I do is numbers Smile
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:31 pm
what bit you? is it your brothers that got hacked?

as far as i know propagation of racism and Nazism are also criminal offenses in Germany. Police authorities did nothing to stop that law-breaking website.... citizens took the initiative. sometimes laws have to be broken because they are either bad or insufficient or not implemented. howgh.

old europe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

Laughing
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:48 pm
@dagmaraka,
(1) The hacked computer was in the UK.
(2) I don't have any "brothers" in the UK.
(3) I do work in network security, and finally
(4) Nothing bit me - it's you who exhibits symptoms of rabies.
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 03:11 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
European Ban on Racist Speech

In Europe, article 10 of the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms and article 11 of the E.U. Charter of Fundamental Rights also protect freedom of speech as a basic right and as an essential foundation of a democratic society. Nevertheless, freedom of speech is not absolute. It may be subject to certain limitations and even penalties, so as to justify the intervention of public authorities in order to protect inter alia the public safety or the rights of other people.

As a result, racism and xenophobia, as well as incitement to hatred or violence, do not fall within the right to free speech in Europe. On the contrary, they are prohibited and penalised in most national legislations.

Full article: http://pcmlp.socleg.ox.ac.uk/selfregulation/iapcoda/rxio-background-020923.htm

Not to mention that UK has its own Race Relations Act and other provisions in the similar vein: http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.aspx?ActiveTextDocId=2059995

High Seas

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 08:57 pm
@dagmaraka,
.... and if there is ANY, however minutely remote, connection to a CRIMINAL ACT, to wit, computer server and/or network hacking in the links you posted, Dagmar, perhaps you'll be kind enough to point it out to the rest of us.....We're waiting for legal eagles OE and Walter in the meantime...////
0 Replies