Message to Scientology: We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 03:25 pm

Transcript:
Quote:
Hello, Scientology. We are Anonymous.

Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation; suppression of dissent; your litigious nature, all of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda video into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who trust you, who call you leader, has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that your organization should be destroyed. For the good of your followers, for the good of mankind--for the laughs--we shall expel you from the Internet and systematically dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form. We acknowledge you as a serious opponent, and we are prepared for a long, long campaign. You will not prevail forever against the angry masses of the body politic. Your methods, hypocrisy, and the artlessness of your organization have sounded its death knell.

You cannot hide; we are everywhere.

We cannot die; we are forever. We're getting bigger every day--and solely by the force of our ideas, malicious and hostile as they often are. If you want another name for your opponent, then call us Legion, for we are many.

Yet for all that we are not as monstrous as you are; still our methods are a parallel to your own. Doubtless you will use the Anon's actions as an example of the persecution you have so long warned your followers would come; this is acceptable. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs.

Gradually as we merge our pulse with that of your "Church", the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will wake, and see that salvation has no price. They will know that the stress, the frustration that they feel is not something that may be blamed upon Anonymous. No--they will see that it stems from a source far closer to each. Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of the RTC.

Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

old europe

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 03:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Aaaaaaaaaand?

What do you think?
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 03:36 pm
@old europe,
I love Anonymous and what they do and have been following their work since they started.
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 03:45 pm
@Robert Gentel,

Transcript:

Quote:
It has come to the attention of Anonymous that there are a number of you out there who do not clearly understand what we are or why we have undertaken our present course of action. Contrary to the assumptions of the media, Anonymous is not simply "a group of super hackers". Anonymous is a collective of individuals united by an awareness that someone must do the right thing, that someone must bring light to the darkness, that someone must open the eyes of a public that has slumbered for far too long. Among our numbers you will find individuals from all walks of life - lawyers, parents, IT professionals, members of law enforcement, college students, veterinary technicians and more. Anonymous is everyone and everywhere. We have no leaders, no single entity directing us - only the collective outrage of individuals, guiding our hand in the current efforts to bring awareness.We want you to be aware of the very real dangers of Scientology. We want you to know about the gross human rights violations committed by this cult. We want you to know about Lisa McPhearson. We want you to know about former members of Scientology's private navy, SeaOrg, who were forced to have abortions so that they could continue in service to the church. We want you to know about Scientology's use of child labor and their gulags. We want you to know about Operation Freakout and Paulette Cooper. We want you to know about Operation Snow White and Scientology's efforts to infiltrate the government of the United States of America.We want you to know about all of these things that have been swept under the rug for far too long. The information is out there. It is yours for the taking. Arm yourself with knowledge. Be very wary of the 10th of February. Anonymous invites you to join us in an act of solidarity. Anonymous invites you to take up the banner of free speech, of human rights, of family and freedom. Join us in protest outside of Scientology centers world wide. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. We will be heard. Expect us.
old europe

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 03:49 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Yeah... I've been following them, too. Found it very funny in the beginning, but also thought that it was somewhat risky.

I think the previous generation of people who stood up to the Church of Scientology did so well because they didn't give them a chance to attack... which is Scientology's usual mode of operation: attach, harass, threaten or sue people - and whenever anybody stands up to them, claim that they are being persecuted, that their right of freedom of religion is being violated, etc. etc.

The initial Project Chanology activities seemed to satisfy an understandable desire to fight back against Scientology, but also carried the risk of playing right into their hands.

I'm glad they've tuned that back quite a bit, and that they have now adopted a strategy of advocating freedom of religion on the one hand, but pointing out the cultist nature of the CoS on the other hand.

It's really interesting to see how the internet is changing the landscape...
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 03:59 pm
(oh, and those youtube-tags? very cool!)
dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:23 am
@old europe,
Oh! Now I know where the group protesting Scientology in town the other day came from! Great.

I didn't have time to approach them and find out who they were and I was really interested.
dadpad

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:35 am
@dlowan,
fluffy said
Quote:
I didn't have time to approach them and find out who they were and I was really interested.

They wouldn't have told you dlowan. they were...... anonymous
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:11 am
@Robert Gentel,
It's simply inevitable when Christianity is rejected. Human psychology abhors a vucuum.

Is the Anonymous the same as the Anonymous in Dylan's movie Masked and Anonymous. One of the key scenes in that movie is when two characters discuss the meaning of the great song Drifter's Escape.

I noticed that the collective in the "all walks of life" did not include any working class occupations. No miners, no marines, no farmers, no machinery operatives, no gargage collectors--nothing like that. It's a battle raging over the heads of the proles. It's elitist. Self flattering. Load of bollocks.

And the stated aim to drive one particular cult off the internet does suggest that the new A2K is an attack on free speech. It is justified by reference to incidents we know little about and are seemingly just asserted to be sinister.

I'm sticking with The Pope. Christianity is the religion of the rubes. The meek. And they will inherit the earth.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:27 am
Scientology Faces Fraud Trial in France
Quote:
The Church of Scientology in France faces trial for alleged fraud after a woman complained she was enrolled by the group and paid it more than €20,000. Scientology, recognized as a church in the US but seen as a money-making sect in some European countries, says the charge is "empty and concocted."
Now a French judge has ordered two branches of the Church of Scientology and seven of its leaders to stand trial for fraud following a complaint by a woman who said she was enrolled into the church by a group of people she met outside a metro station in 1998.
Judge Jean-Christophe Hullin ruled on Monday that the Scientologists main structure in France, the ASES-Celebrity Center and its bookshop should be tried for "organized fraud" and "illegally practicing as pharmacists." According to Agence France Presse, the case is also being taken by another plaintiff and by France's professional pharmaceutical association.
The public prosecutor's office has called for the case to be shelved but Judge Hullin ignored this recommendation and instead ordered the trial, which is not expected to start for at least six months.

spendius

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That's just an incident Walt for goodness sake's. Serves merely to break up the argument. If we were discussing the role of the Police what point would there be in posting about one policeman who was on trial for blackmail? None.

Cults (heresies) grow in the absence of central direction. They are tailored to allow people to think of themselves as religious when they live an un Christian lifestyle and reject penitance. Obviously they prey on the weak minded and lost.

Quote:
a complaint by a woman who said she was enrolled into the church by a group of people she met outside a metro station in 1998.

Sheesh!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Does that mean that people from other religions can get their tithes back?
spendius

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:15 pm
@dlowan,
That's fair enough if they live according to the precepts of these other religions.

Which one have you in mind dwolan? Which one have you deluded yourself into thinking you can live by?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:59 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Does that mean that people from other religions can get their tithes back?

I don't think so. But may be, if they go to court as well?
dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 01:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Lol! Fair enough.

Not that I fail to differentiate between clearly fraudulent cults, and fuddledly fraudulent religions.....but I had to say it.
dadpad

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:07 am
@dlowan,
D'ya remember Marsheila and Bagwan Shreenath?

Marsheila's famouse last word s- "Tough titties"
spendius

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 05:15 am
@dadpad,
This Marsheila?

Quote:
My clothes are not fitting as tight

EVEN THOUGH THE SCALES ARE'NT MOVING MUCH MY CLOTHES ARE NOT FITTING AS TIGHT AND I DON'T FEEL AS BLOATED. I REALLY FEEL BETTER WITH MY CLOTHES NOT FITTING AS TIGHT AS THEY USE TO. I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE DAY I CAN SAY BYE TO ALL THESE PLUS SIZE CLOTHES FOR GOOD THEY JUST DON'T MAKE CUTE PLUS SIZE CLOTHES YOU JUST HAVE TO GET WHAT FITS.

Didn't Shreenath once take 5 for 24 in overcast conditions somewhere.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 05:39 am
@dadpad,
I don't remember them.

Care to elucidate?

I get the general drift...
spendius

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 05:53 am
@dlowan,
Be careful dwollie. You could drift away.

Anon. seems to have a need to take Scientology seriously.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:50 am
@dlowan,
The orange people. based in western australia if i remember correcly