U.S. Lags World in Grasp of Genetics and Acceptance of Evolution

spooky24

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 05:45 am
@farmerman,
'hillbilly counties in Tenn'

Now lets try to insult a whole state and sound like a 'big man' cause you can hide behind a phony name.

Just what other people here said You spend 10 hours a day in this forum insulting anyone regardless of the topic.

You are such a coward.

Damnation religion was banned in the 70's
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 06:13 pm
@gungasnake,
Notice how there are no logical replies to gungasnake. Maybe he has the evolutionists stumped. Or, maybe I just need more faith in darwin.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 05:35 am
@brianjakub,
There are never any "logical" replies to gungasnake. Ya cant discuss fairy tales lwith a degree of logic. You either buy it or laugh at it.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 12:58 am
@brianjakub,
You did notice that gunga posted that six years ago, didn't you? It has been thoroughlly. Refuted multiple times since then but he just keeps reposting itover and over and takes no notice of the bullbleep it is. To take just one very telling point, he fossil record is vry clear that ost of the preexisting mutations for for flight we're already widespread in therapod lineages, like feathers, hollow bones, flow through respiration, before any therpods took off, because they provideed benefits other than flight to those organisms, and flikt feathers arer noa a prerequisite for flight. Tke s look at the next batbat you see. Gungas case is totl crap. After the 20th or 30h time he reposts it people get tired of demonstrting why he's out of his mind.
farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 05:19 am
@MontereyJack,
I frequently wonder "Whatever happened to gungasnake?"
He started being a mouthpiece for Russian politics and an even greater detractor of "the West"
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 07:25 am
@farmerman,
Didn't he make a fortune selling that photo of Elvis running towards the Mars Rover?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 12:51 pm
@farmerman,
He still gets a hardon for Putin, never met an authoitarian bully he didn't revere.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 11:38 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert, you are way wrong here. A quite recent Johns Hopkins study shows that creationism is growing way faster in Europe than here. Way faster.

And I think it is UNDERSTANDING of biology that explains the rejection. You can't be serious about your Genetics statement. How then explain the US vs rest of the world in GMOs ? Europe is much more anti-GMO. So which is it?

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 11:47 am
@AugustineBrother,
In raw numbers, the actual amounts of people who understand and accept evolutionary theory are waaaay more .
The US made room for disparate "beliefs" but not for beliefs parading around as science in publically funded institutions. thats in the Constitution

What "Understanding " of biology makes for a good Creationist??

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 11:49 am
@farmerman,
every coupla months we get these kinda self proclaimed experts in creation "Science" and most tend to rejct real science based mostly on their ignorance of it.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 12:02 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Been explaining that (or trying to) for a good year now. I already believed in God when I finally got around to studying biology but if I hadn't, biology in enough detail alone might have done the trick. At the very least it would have made me curious enough to think about it.

I'd like more of modern biology taught in school.
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 01:12 pm
@Leadfoot,
that sounds like waffle waffle. Ive asked a fairly focused question that dioesnt lend itself to
:well, Ive read biology books"

What prt of these bio books do you mean? and if you say genetics, Im just gonna ask a follow up as to which particular part.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 02:12 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
You call that a 'fairly focused question'?

You seem to be pretending that we haven't discussed actual focused questions in the past that have been answered very specifically.

Waffling is not the problem here.
Expert2

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 01:18 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Ahhh.... Mod, please remove that link....
0 Replies

Expert2

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 01:31 pm
@gungasnake,
Open dialogue to the atheist is forbidden fruit. Heaven forbid if there is another viewpoint, so they shut it down.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 01:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
whenever I ask you for evidence you say something "focused" , like GENETICS.

Expert2

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:38 pm
@farmerman,
You do realize farmerboy, GENETICS is not a theory right?
0 Replies

spooky24

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 05:07 am
@farmerman,
I got a Geology question for you about the Appalachians-seems silly to start a new thread.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:27 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
What "Understanding " of biology makes for a good Creationist?

The fact that it looks like it is more intricately assembled and impossible for anybody alive could replicate. The fact that it looks like it was built for something. Air force 1 (the president's 747) does have a living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and all the things most houses have. If president Obama parked it in a field for a summer home people would say, "that is not what it was designed for, is he crazy?" The reason people could say that about the president is because the designer left blueprints and and an operators manual for air force 1. One day a guy named Jesus claimed to be the One who created the universe by speaking it into existence. That is how I create something, I speak it to myself in my mind, which causes my body to create. He then said He spoke himself into the same creation by using the Holy Spirit to impregnate a virgin. He was born, claimed to be God, was killed for claiming to be God by the very people who claimed they transcribed the owners manual for the universe for him and by him. Supposedly three days after his death He rose from the dead, and had enough witnesses and other evidence, that approximately 32% of the world claim to believe him even today. If anybody claimed that today they would be told to prove it or be called insane. But, he supposedly performed miracles and proved it. Any way, is there anything wrong with how he said to use the universe he that claims to have created for a purpose that he spoke into the bible and DNA?
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:54 pm
@brianjakub,
How, in this modern age do people who deny the existence of a creator account for this outlandish story of Jesus having such legs 2000 years later.

Can it really be explained by people's desire for 'something more'? Are this many people really delusional? That just seems incredibly implausible to me. And please, no cries of 'appeal to ad populum'. I'm not saying popularity makes it true. It would be amazing if 1% of the population believed it if there were not some factor behind it that is not observable. Mass delusion is not an explaination.

One more point: Believers don't necessarily have less grasp of genetics or deny evolution. It's not ignorance, they just don't see them as a full explanation for the world around them. Science alone does not provide an adequate one, contrary to what some insist.