Hillary Rocks!!!

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:22 pm
Hillary wrote:

This is a fight for the future. And it's a fight we must win.

I haven't spent the past 35 years in the trenches advocating for children, campaigning for universal health care, helping parents balance work and family, and fighting for women's rights at home and around the world . . . to see another Republican in the White House squander the promise of our country and the hopes of our people.

And you haven't worked so hard over the last 18 months, or endured the last eight years, to suffer through more failed leadership.

No way. No how. No McCain.

Quote:

I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me? Or were you in it for that young Marine and others like him? Were you in it for that mom struggling with cancer while raising her kids? Were you in it for that boy and his mom surviving on the minimum wage? Were you in it for all the people in this country who feel invisible?

Quote:
Now, John McCain is my colleague and my friend. He has served our country with honor and courage.

But we don't need four more years . . . of the last eight years.
More economic stagnation ... and less affordable health care.
More high gas prices ... and less alternative energy.
More jobs getting shipped overseas ... and fewer jobs created here.
More skyrocketing debt ...home foreclosures ... and mounting bills that are crushing our middle class families.

More war . . . less diplomacy.

More of a government where the privileged come first ... and everyone else comes last.

John McCain says the economy is fundamentally sound. John McCain doesn't think that 47 million people without health insurance is a crisis. John McCain wants to privatize Social Security. And in 2008, he still thinks it's okay when women don't earn equal pay for equal work.

With an agenda like that, it makes sense that George Bush and John McCain will be together next week in the Twin Cities. Because these days they're awfully hard to tell apart.

Quote:
Nothing less than the fate of our nation and the future of our children hang in the balance.

I want you to think about your children and grandchildren come election day. And think about the choices your parents and grandparents made that had such a big impact on your life and on the life of our nation.

We've got to ensure that the choice we make in this election honors the sacrifices of all who came before us, and will fill the lives of our children with possibility and hope.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 4,565 • Replies: 44

ebrown p

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:23 pm
@ebrown p,
It is funny to hear the spin from conservatives...

But, as a Democrat, I can't imagine how this speech can possibly be any better.

Thank you Hillary!
littlek

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:25 pm
@ebrown p,
The text is online already? Or are you good with dictation?

I thought she did a really nice job. She went beyond what was necessary and just about demanded that her loyalists vote for Obama. She made it clear that they should NOT vote for McCain. She is incredibly well spoken and I thought her speech was wonderful.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:27 pm
@ebrown p,
Give 'em hell, Hillary.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:27 pm
@ebrown p,
While I would have been happy for either Obama or Clinton for our candidate, this speech made me wish Clinton was our nominee.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:29 pm
@littlek,
Well, Obama can kinda give a speech too Laughing

It was a great speech, the people loved it, and her holdout supporters loved it, I guarantee you. It was the speech Obama needed her to give.

Cycloptichorn
ebrown p

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:35 pm
I was just listening to the Fox News idiots.... the spin is that she didn't say anything nice about Obama.

So, here is another highlight.

Quote:

We need to elect Barack Obama because we need a President who understands that America can't compete in a global economy by padding the pockets of energy speculators, while ignoring the workers whose jobs have been shipped overseas. We need a President who understands that we can't solve the problems of global warming by giving windfall profits to the oil companies while ignoring opportunities to invest in new technologies that will build a green economy.

We need a President who understands that the genius of America has always
depended on the strength and vitality of the middle class.

Barack Obama began his career fighting for workers displaced by the global economy. He built his campaign on a fundamental belief that change in this country must start from the ground up, not the top down. He knows government must be about "We the people" not "We the favored few."

And when Barack Obama is in the White House, he'll revitalize our economy, defend the working people of America, and meet the global challenges of our time. Democrats know how to do this. As I recall, President Clinton and the Democrats did it before. And President Obama and the Democrats will do it again.

He'll transform our energy agenda by creating millions of green jobs and building a new, clean energy future. He'll make sure that middle class families get the tax relief they deserve. And I can't wait to watch Barack Obama sign a health care plan into law that covers every single American.

Barack Obama will end the war in Iraq responsibly and bring our troops
home - a first step to repairing our alliances around the world.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:36 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
The text is online already? Or are you good with dictation?

Maybe I have a really good memory? Wink
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:41 pm
I find the conventions to be mostly a carnival at this point, but I did like Hillary's presentation tonight. The part about 'Were you in this to vote for me, or were you in it for the cause' was a very compelling argument. She presented it with sincerity, which is something I she did not do at the end of her campaign. Beyond that, her speech writers strung some nice words together.

The brief pictures of Bill Clinton were particularly interesting. He was positively beaming at some of his wife's presentation. Not only was he enjoying hearing about how good a job he did, but he was absolutely loving his wife's presentation in general.

She did a good job for her party tonight.

talk72000

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:08 pm
@rosborne979,
Yes, it was the the Republicans controlling Congress and the Supreme Court, who gave W the dictatorial powers.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:25 am
@littlek,
I missed the speech and have been reading about it, so no firm or first-hand conclusions yet. Was happily reading this thread ("good, sounds like she DID do a good job!") and then this kinda brought me up short.

littlek wrote:
this speech made me wish Clinton was our nominee.

From what I've read (such as a NYT article), that was an intention of hers. That bothers me.

But oh well. Understandable I guess, and sounds like she did a good job overall.
Below viewing threshold (view)
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:04 am
@ebrown p,

Hillary forgot that there is no "I" in team.

And McCain gets the bump in the polls Very Happy
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:09 am
Quote:

Nothing less than the fate of our nation and the future of our children hang in the balance.

I want you to think about your children and grandchildren come election day. And think about the choices your parents and grandparents made that had such a big impact on your life and on the life of our nation.

We've got to ensure that the choice we make in this election honors the sacrifices of all who came before us, and will fill the lives of our children with possibility and hope.

So ONLY Obama can save the Nation and only Obama can teach us how to lead our lives and how to raise our children.

I have a message for the Democrats and all you liberals which is summarized here.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=carlin%2Ckids&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=carlin%2Ckids&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=carlin%2Cpolitics&hl=en&emb=0
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:19 am
@Woiyo9,
She never confirmed Obama was qualified or ready to be president.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:49 am
@littlek,
well anyone willing and mature enough to admit it will know, including Obama that the perception and probably the irrefutable fact is that Obama is president (if and when that happens) because Hillary made it happen for him last night. She unified the party and brought the majority of her supporters on board and without that other percentage of democrats Obama was in real trouble as everyone has admitted and was concerned about.

This is the watermark event...especially if she follows up by campaigning for Obama with equal vigor...that will make her the Lioness of the Left.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:50 am
@cjhsa,
but you still belly up for a taste eh?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:55 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
This is the watermark event...especially if she follows up by campaigning for Obama with equal vigor...that will make her the Lioness of the Left.

The "Lioness of the Left". I like it.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:00 am
@engineer,
and let us not forget that in the pride.... it's the lioness who hunts, kills and provides.
engineer

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:02 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
So true. So are you "all in"?