The 2008 Democrat Convention

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Fx: I left something out in that post, snort...

it left me waving at Bill, hilarious in itself.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:23 pm
@roger,
I'm polite around you, Roger, sort of. I also don't furl 'fucks' around all so easily, and try to make them work re the context.

I was laboratory trained, with even the boss spicing his soliloquies, and they were great soliloquies (he wrote medical mysteries).

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:33 pm
@ossobuco,
But, back to Hillary, followers, and the convention...

I'm interested despite my better judgement.
0 Replies

nicole415

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You mean you don't drink a fifth of scotch before posting your knee jerk drool?

Hillary hit one out of the park and unified the party. The wingnuts are becoming unhinged. They really (wishfully) thought that the convention would be a disaster. Nov 4th can't come soon enough.

BTW there is a new media star. Rachel Maddow rocks!

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:43 pm
So, I'm trying this for a while...

I'm collapsing folks and the equally out of the park stuff in answer to the folks I collapsed.

No, I don't want a tame politics forum, but as a long time reader of most politics threads, I'm well tired of juvenilia and its recompense.

All of that is in the way of my learning, and the rest of us have had to wade through it, seemingly forever.
nicole415

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:44 pm
http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/363/sidekick.jpg

No way, no how, no McCain!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:00 pm
@ossobuco,
osso dropped the F bomb!!! (squeals with delight) Surprised
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:22 pm
@Lash,
Eh.

Much more palatable than fuggin, fookin, feckin, whatever choices in substitution.

I'll agree with anyone who says you don't have to use these words and can use proper english, and should do so. Also think that we have some need for mere words to be bad.

I might not use '****' again until 2012. Get your subscriptions now...

and people said this before I did, but no links, my lady.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:29 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Eh.

Much more palatable than fuggin, fookin, feckin, whatever choices in substitution.

I'll agree with anyone who says you don't have to use these words and can use proper english, and should do so. Also think that we have some need for mere words to be bad.

I might not use '****' again until 2012. Get your subscriptions now...

and people said this before I did, but no links, my lady.

Okay I'm signed up. No freakin' way I'm gonna miss that!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:22 am
@Foxfyre,
OK, Fx, I'll endeavor to maintain for that time. You'll have to keep track, what with my memory.

Given some thought re world action, Hillary might not have been my first choice for the word weft, but she is pretty aggravating.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hi all,

So obviously I missed Hillary's big speech ... had to go to bed. So it's interesting to read those of you who wrote down your impressions of the speech - Snood, Fox, I enjoyed yours.

And Finn's. I mean this post I'm responding to now, the jotted down notes. A view from the other side of the platform, but I enjoyed these.

Also interesting to see Okie being impressed by Hillary's speech. (But did you just say "chicom"? Who still says "chicom"?)

The partisan bluster and mutual jibes between posters, I could have done without after little sleep.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:47 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Bill!
waves arm...
Waves back! You are ******* cool, Osso. Wink

I thought Hillary did her level best at speaking, though she does seem to still be campaigning (Rolling Eyes)

Hill-people who still don't get it, have to be considered idiots. Michelle was not stone faced, just understandably apprehensive. She's too damned smart not to be. You know it has to be a truly boring day when Dennis Kucinich shines the brightest. I'm still looking forward to Bill Clinton's speech. That will truly tell the tale of the Clintons. Frankly; I wish they were irrelevant... and believe they soon will be.
snood

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 03:00 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Well, for me, "looking forward" to Bill clinton's speech would be a little masochistic - though I don't doubt your sincerity. I gues I'm looking forward to it it in a way - but more in the way someone looks forward to getting the results of a biopsy of tissue feared malignant.
I like your words "wish they were irrelevant, and believe they soon will be".

That kind of optimism is certainly touching, but the Clinton's would die and kill before allowing that.
sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:04 am
@nimh,
Catching up... agreed with nimh that all the comments are appreciated. (Well except for the juvenilia...)

This part looks like it was good:

Quote:
Most of all, I ran to stand up for all those who have been invisible to their government for eight long years. Those are the reasons I ran for president, and those are the reasons I support Barack Obama for president.

I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me? Or were you in it for that young Marine and others like him? Were you in it for that mom struggling with cancer while raising her kids? Were you in it for that boy and his mom surviving on the minimum wage? Were you in it for all the people in this country who feel invisible?
sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:05 am
@sozobe,
(Minor question to Lash... niggles at me every time I see this thread. Why not "The 2008 Democratic Convention"?)
ebrown p

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:15 am
@sozobe,
That's just Lash...

Don't accuse her of being biased. She will undoubtedly start a thread next week about "The 2008 Repub Convention."
sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:33 am
@ebrown p,
While I'm being a pedant...

CNN just now has at the bottom of the screen:

TONIGHT: BILL CLINTON
Will he tow the party line?

It's TOE, not TOW. And as such has a slightly different meaning than they seem to think it does. ("Play by the rules," basically, not "further the cause.")
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 06:45 am
@sozobe,
Bill Clinton is like Uncle Hulka ... Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:26 am
@okie,
I have lots of friends I disagree with most strongly on some issues. . don't you?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:27 am
@littlek,
yup. Nothing worse than a sore winner.... as is being demonstrated by some.
0 Replies