EVER HAVE A LUCID DREAM ?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 10:14 pm
I love flying dreams.
NickFun

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I had a dream last night that I was the leader of a country and everyone respected me and I respected them in return. I also knew it was a dream but I figured I'd go along for the ride. Most enjoyable!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:53 pm
@NickFun,
Yeah, well when we go to a movie, we know its a movie,
but we enjoy it anyway.
0 Replies

kolapskybernetes

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 06:53 am
Hi everyone, i registered just so i can reply to this thread =)
Glad to meet others who have experienced and enjoy lucid dreaming too!
I started having lucid dreams when i was in my teens, and then it gradually became more frequent. So now, all i have is lucid dreams.
It's such fun, it's even much more intricate and intense when i'm depressed in real life. Not to say that depression is a trigger.

But yeah, it started out with the ability to control myself, and then the general plot and the other characters.
Next, i was able to swap, rewind or layer the plot.
Switching channels much like on tv, from one plot to another, from a previous dream i had nights before and into a real life memory too.

Finally, i found out that i could get back to sleep after being awaken and jump back into the dream i had, and continue it or change it etc.

But, when i was really depressed i woke up <for real> hearing sounds of ppl walking about and living in my space.
Always beyond my personal space, like never in my room but i can hear them in the living room.
Different groups of ppl, strangers. Some with back stories i just automatically knew of.

Then one day one of the figures came to my bedroom door and i stared back at it.
I knew i could try communicate with it if i want to, tho i was aware that my body was immobile but eyes opened wide.
But then i just chickened out.

Treated myself better and started to find ways to handle my depression cos i don't think i want to expand any further, in this matter at the moment.
<phew>

I recommend watching the movie Waking Life. Apart from being a good medium that illustrates lucid dream experience, the writers raise a lot of interesting philosophical issues.

One of it is about the collective consciousness which i have always intuitively believe in as i value connectivity in life, but also from my experience of post-deja-vu aka premonition/precognitive dreams.
I've had dreams of events, that have saved my ass and the situation generally.
Usually dream about it years or months ahead when the scene staged wouldn't make any sense.
But upon being saved by my awareness and adapting to the knowledge i had i am now able to distinguish between mind-scape exploration lucid dreams and the post-deja-vu ala premonition/precognitive lucid dreams
(the later are shorter scenes and with no smooth plot line, much like a flash but last a few minutes longer just enough for context).

Yeah, i love my imagination and i grew up investing a lot on it =)
kolapskybernetes

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 07:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
yeah, i personally love leaping from building to building ala Batman@Gotham and then off with higher and further leaps to the countryside! oowwwh!
<heart-gleam>
0 Replies

kolapskybernetes

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 07:05 am
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:

I thought "this is just a dream so I can do whatever I want!"

owh!! i've had soo many of those too! ^^
smcmonagle

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 09:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Had my first one not too long ago and it is very interesting. First you must ask yourself "am i dreaming" all the time. that way it becomes a norm and one time u will ask yourself in a dream. Thats excactly how i made it happen. Two when you are in a lucid dream, I ask can you dream that you are stuck in a dream for eternity. And if you do? do you ever wake up. Or is it impossible to dream your stuck in a dream forever? If ur in a lucid dream and truely can control it then try dreaming forever
gungasnake

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 09:54 pm
@smcmonagle,
Worst case I've seen is dreaming that I fell asleep and dreamed that I fell asleep and was dreaming i.e. I had to wake up three times before I was ever really awake. Only ever happened once or twice in college when I'd been concentrating too hard on some math problem or something, never since then.
smcmonagle

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 10:00 pm
@gungasnake,
yea. i have heard of this before,... but even deeper if you could control ur dream and do whatever u wanted then dream your stuck forever.. see who u want.. do hat u want.. always happy.....is this heaven or afterlife.. cause it sounds alot like a christian description of such a place
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:48 am
@kolapskybernetes,
kolapskybernetes wrote:
Hi everyone, i registered just so i can reply to this thread =)
I 'm honored. I wish that I had seen your response when u issued it.
I hope that u r still with us, but I dunno.

kolapskybernetes wrote:
Glad to meet others who have experienced and enjoy lucid dreaming too!
We r glad to have u with us ( if u still r ).

kolapskybernetes wrote:
I started having lucid dreams when i was in my teens, and then it gradually became more frequent.
So now, all i have is lucid dreams.
That 's fantastic (no pun intended).

kolapskybernetes wrote:
It's such fun,
It really IS!

kolapskybernetes wrote:
it's even much more intricate and intense when i'm depressed in real life. Not to say that depression is a trigger.
I dunno much about depression.

kolapskybernetes wrote:
But yeah, it started out with the ability to control myself, and then the general plot and the other characters.
Next, i was able to swap, rewind or layer the plot.
Switching channels much like on tv, from one plot to another, from a previous dream i had nights before
and into a real life memory too.
That 's WONDERFUL!!!
Maybe we can program our subconscious minds
to give us lucid dreams each nite.

I wonder whether that woud interfere
with normal sleeping????

kolapskybernetes wrote:
Finally, i found out that i could get back to sleep after being awaken and jump back into the dream i had,
and continue it or change it etc.
THANK U! I gotta try that.

kolapskybernetes wrote:
But, when i was really depressed i woke up <for real> hearing sounds of ppl walking about and living in my space.
Always beyond my personal space, like never in my room but i can hear them in the living room.
Different groups of ppl, strangers. Some with back stories i just automatically knew of.

Then one day one of the figures came to my bedroom door and i stared back at it.
I knew i could try communicate with it if i want to, tho i was aware that my body was immobile but eyes opened wide.
But then i just chickened out.
My body was not immobile, so far as I know.

kolapskybernetes wrote:
Treated myself better and started to find ways to handle my depression cos i don't think i want to expand any further,
in this matter at the moment.
<phew>

I recommend watching the movie Waking Life. Apart from being a good medium that illustrates lucid dream experience,
the writers raise a lot of interesting philosophical issues.
I 'll try to find that movie.

kolapskybernetes wrote:
One of it is about the collective consciousness which i have always intuitively believe in as i value connectivity in life,
but also from my experience of post-deja-vu aka premonition/precognitive dreams.
I've had dreams of events, that have saved my ass and the situation generally.
I 've had some of those; not many.

kolapskybernetes wrote:
Usually dream about it years or months ahead when the scene staged wouldn't make any sense.
But upon being saved by my awareness and adapting to the knowledge i had i am now able to distinguish between
mind-scape exploration lucid dreams and the post-deja-vu ala premonition/precognitive lucid dreams
(the later are shorter scenes and with no smooth plot line, much like a flash but last a few minutes longer just enough for context).

Yeah, i love my imagination and i grew up investing a lot on it =)
Your post is unusually valuable! Thank u for it.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:56 am
@kolapskybernetes,
NickFun wrote:
I thought "this is just a dream so I can do whatever I want!"
kolapskybernetes wrote:
owh!! i've had soo many of those too! ^^
YES! U are the master of that universe!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:57 am
@smcmonagle,
smcmonagle wrote:
yea. i have heard of this before,... but even deeper if you could control ur dream and do whatever u wanted then dream your stuck forever.. see who u want.. do hat u want.. always happy.....is this heaven or afterlife.. cause it sounds alot like a christian description of such a place
U awaken normally. Maybe your alarm clock rings.

David
smcmonagle

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 10:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Maybe... or maybe not? Have you ever dreamed you were stuck in a dream forever.. My guess is no since we r speaking but think a little harder about it
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 01:50 am
@smcmonagle,
smcmonagle wrote:
Maybe... or maybe not? Have you ever dreamed you were stuck in a dream forever..
My guess is no since we r speaking but think a little harder about it
People who have died have described dying as awakening
to a more real reality.
smcmonagle

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes and how real can dreams feel? But I think you missing my objective from the question and the search for truths. Is it true that one cannot dream of anything one wants to such as in a lucid dream. And if its tru that one can dream of anything then play with the idea of dreaming that you never wake up and once it is achieved you could very well be in heaven. Because at this point you are stuck in a reality in which you have full control over. Meaning blue skies everyday and breakfast with deceased relatives and famous figures and in the company of angelic people. Sounds like heaven to me?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 10:22 pm
@smcmonagle,
smcmonagle wrote:
Yes and how real can dreams feel?
But I think you missing my objective from the question and the search for truths.
Is it true that one cannot dream of anything one wants to such as in a lucid dream.
I suspect that u probably can program your subconscious mind
to dream of whatever u want, but I 'm not sure of that.
I have not (yet) tried that.
Maybe I shoud.

smcmonagle wrote:
And if its tru that one can dream of anything then play with the idea of dreaming that you never wake up and once it is achieved you could very well be in heaven. Because at this point you are stuck in a reality in which you have full control over. Meaning blue skies everyday and breakfast with deceased relatives and famous figures and in the company of angelic people. Sounds like heaven to me?
Some people believe that the waking world is "life is but a dream . . . its what u make it "
or as Edgar A. Poe asked: "is all that we see and seem,
but a dream within a dream ?" that consciousness is in layers, like an onion.

David
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:34:50