EVER HAVE A LUCID DREAM ?

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:01 am
Lucid dreams r fun !
When u have a lucid dream, u r the King of the universe of that dream.
A lucid dream happens when u become aware that u r dreaming,
without waking up. I 've only had very few of them; about 3 of them.

In the first one, I dreamt that I was driving along a street
and hit a pedestrian; killed him. In compliance with the law,
I went to call the police, in a nearly drug store (this was before cell fones; u had to drop a dime).
After calling the police, I realized that this is not how my life goes:
I do not kill pedestrians; that is alien to my existence. That does not happen to me.

I then realized that I must be dreaming.

By that time in the dream, the police were responding to my fone call.
Thay were climing many steps that led to the aforesaid drug store.
I decided that I 'd be better off if thay just laid down n went to sleep, on the steps.
One at a time, I (successfully) willed them to lie down and go to sleep.
Then I realized that I 'd be happier if I had a treasure chest of gold n jewels,
so thay manifested in the dream. I wanted friendly young ladies, who promptly appeared.
(Thay did not even make me wait, while thay dress, arrange their hair
and apply their make up for 45 minutes while I am illegally parked
sweating out the police, because there is no where else to park,
like thay do in REAL life.)

Lucid dreaming can be fun (n thay r non-taxable). Ya gotta sleep anyway; ever have any ?

David

George

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Heck, I don't even have lucid wakefulness.

Actually, I've tried to induce this state but have always failed.
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
all the time, until i became stressed out, i have them now about smoking weed.

heh..

mmm primo chronic with hash roaches out of the bong with hash oil drops on the top with chronic sprinkle leftovers..

*droool*
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:35 pm
@George,
Me too, George. I do think I have been able to wake, and get back to sleep, and deliberately pick up the dream where it left off. Not sure, though. I have a bad memory for dreams.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 06:22 pm
U both can suggest to your subconscious minds
that u will have a dream, being aware thereof, without awakening.

Do it each nite.

I remember another, in which nothing much happened,
remarkable (I thought) only for how REAL it felt.
I was out near a little forest -- a few trees.
It had snown recently, with about a quarter of an inch of residual snow on the ground.
It was cold.
I felt the cold wind burning my nostrils,
and I realized that this is a dream,
but I contemplated the fact of how REAL it felt -- very lifelike.

Many times have I beheld a little trampled down snow on the ground on cold days.

David
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:04 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Reading the Old Testament you get the impression that dreams once served some sort of a useful purpose involving transfer of information from the spirit realm but, in our age, they're basically bullshit.

The other night I got a really good idea of why Egyptians valued cats...

I mean, I was having about as bad a dream as you'd ever want, something or other at least five and more likely seven or eight times my size was in the process of tearing me limb from limb and clearly had intentions of having me for breakfast and I couldn't figure a way to wake up or get out of it, and my little Melba cat came up and meowed at the top of her lungs right in my face and woke me up with a start. This was four in the morning and she's not stupid enough to try to wake me up for food at that hour; cats can simply see stuff which people and other animals can't and saw I needed to get waked up.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 09:46 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:

Reading the Old Testament you get the impression that dreams once served
some sort of a useful purpose involving transfer of information from the spirit realm but,
in our age, they're basically bullshit.

I see a question as to whether your subconscious mind
is trying addressing your conscious mind. I 'm thinking of my being taken ill
a few years ago. I was admitted to the hospital for abdominal surgery.
After the surgery, (FORGET about doctor-patient confidentiality) doctors
n nurses at the hospital were telling quite a few of my friends to start digging
the hole. That "if he survives the effects of the surgery, he may die from infection."

I never felt threatened; I never felt pain.
A few days before I entered the hospital,
I had a precognitive dream that I 'd have an inconvenience,
but that there was no danger. That 's how it worked out.

Quote:

I mean, I was having about as bad a dream as you'd ever want, something or other at least five and more likely seven or eight times my size was in the process of tearing me limb from limb and clearly had intentions of having me for breakfast and I couldn't figure a way to wake up or get out of it, and my little Melba cat came up and meowed at the top of her lungs right in my face and woke me up with a start. This was four in the morning and she's not stupid enough to try to wake me up for food at that hour; cats can simply see stuff which people and other animals can't and saw I needed to get waked up.

That 's the worst nightmare I 've ever heard of; a lot worse than just getting chased.
Chasing dreams r more common.
Did u feel the pain of the wounds, in addition to fear ?

As to your cat:
I 've had a lot of cats n dogs over the years n decades.
I 've never had much of a schedule, particularly.
I fed them when I thought of it; thay were OK with that. Thay got plenty of food.
I fed them in the evening within a range of around 4 or 5 hours, like between 4 to 9 PM.
I noticed (repeatedly) that when I thought (merely THOUGHT)
" I 'll feed Mike now " without my moving, or even LOOKING at him,
he got up from the floor where he 'd been sleeping or relaxing,
and his ears perked up
and he looked me directly in the face. It was like Pavlov 's bell.
Both cats and dogs did that, many, many times over the decades.

Around 1955, I got a gray kitten, whom I named Smokey.
After about a week, he developed a minor medical condition,
requiring veterinary care. We made an appointment for Saturday morning.
He was nowhere to be found; after searching the house, I found him
hidden under some cloths in a closet; he had never gone into hiding before,
nor had he been in there. His vet requested another appointment,
a week later; Smokey did the same thing again. He never did it under any
other circumstances. I believe that thay r telepathic.

We know that big cats, in the wild, launch co-ordinated multi-pronged
attacks, including ambushes, upon their prey.
How do thay set them up ? I think its telepathy.

Vertibrate Paleontologists tell us that Velociraptors
employed co-ordinated attacks, also including ambushes.
More recently thay have also attributed this characteristic to families of T-Rexes.
How did thay, how coud thay communicate among themselves to set them up ?

David
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 10:41 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I have lucid dreams all the time. And they are grand! One time I dreamed I was sitting down to dinner with Mr Rezzuti and his family. I knew that Mr Rezzuti had been dead for 10 years and I realized it was a dream. Nonetheless, I didn't want to hurt his feelings by telling him it was a dream and I said "Mr Rezzuti you look great". He smiled and thanked me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 10:51 pm
@NickFun,
U have been very fortunate !
Thay r great; love them.

Some people have said that thay have been gateways
to out-of-body-experiences; maybe I don ' t know.

My out-of-body-experiences have all been while awake.

David
NickFun

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:56 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
In another lucid dream I was at the top of this Pyramid and someone wanted me to crawl through this small hole. At that moment I became aware this was just a dream and I said "no way" and I headed toward the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs was a very attractive woman sitting there. I thought "this is just a dream so I can do whatever I want!" I made a move to touch her breasts and she scolded me. "Stop it" she cried. I said, "but this is just a dream!" she replied, "yea, so?" I said, "then this is all just in my head. "she said "well, yes and no". I realized at that moment she was about to tell me exactly what dreams were! I was about to gain some insight into the nature of human consciousness! I was also aware that I was about to wake up. "What do you mean by that?" I cried. But it was too late. Before she could answer I woke up.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 12:46 am
@NickFun,
Suggest to your subconscious mind
that u want a continuation.
My aunt used to get continuations.

I used to keep a dream diary,
to show trends in dreams; what your subconscious mind
wants u to be aware of.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:27 am
I go to bed with the intent of having a lucid dream a lot of times.

To me they are important safe places to get things done
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 06:07 am
@shewolfnm,
What do u get done ?
mismi

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 06:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I had a dream that my husband folded all the clothes and put them away. It was lovely. Wink
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:45 am
@mismi,
Quote:
I had a dream that my husband folded all the clothes and put them away. It was lovely

Maybe your subconscious mind
was suggesting that u arrange things so that he will do so.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 05:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

What do u get done ?

Im a big believer of spirits, spirit guides, energy work,.. I believe that our own energy continues to vibrate after our body is gone, charged with the emotional experiences we have had.

so, when I am looking to learn something, let something go, or to just get answers, lucid dreaming allows me to find the things, hear the people, and be around places that I would otherwise not be able to do.

I have a spirit guide whom I have seen for many years. She is a very tall, thin black woman who dresses sort of like an old world gypsy. She is really beautiful, very powerful and is consistant in her appearance, her nature, her smell.. etc.
I often go to her and ask her questions.

When my grandmother died in 1996, I would often go see her as well.

Im not really sure I can explain any more then that.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 07:35 am
@shewolfnm,
How do u bring on a lucid dream ?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 07:37 am
@shewolfnm,
i used to have these a lot, im starting to have them again. well, ive had them for the last week straight...

weird, guys i had a dream there were sotmrclouds and then a flood, and then alligators everywhere, when i woke up the first news story i read was about the florida floods...

and then i had one about my friends cousin, ive had a crush on her forever... she went to jail for trying to kill herself, she left a message with bubble tape, and i was like wtf and i kept rereading it and then anyways and i wake up like 15 minutes ago and read a bulletin she posted on myspace and i get a very bad feeling
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 08:07 am
@OGIONIK,
weird when i was little i dreamt of the future a lot, what is that called?
NickFun

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:27 pm
@OGIONIK,
That depends Ogionik. If it's a dream of the future then it's a premonition. If it's a dream that doesn't happen then it's just a dream.

Among the best dreams are the ones in which I can fly. I had a dream the other night in which I was in a supermarket with my girlfriend and I jumped up and stayed up. "This is so cool" I thought. "Usually I can only do this in dreams". It was then that I realized it was a dream. Totally enjoyed it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » EVER HAVE A LUCID DREAM ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:44:28