Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 10:43 am
@Sglass,
Nope, but that's interesting.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 03:09 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
hate bleach. Bleach makes my throat feel raspy and tight.

I lightly bleach (peroxide) my hair often and it actually conditions it nicely, I bleach (peroxide) my teeth daily and I also soak my feet a few times a week in highly diluted bleach to keep my toe nails free of fungus.

Certain fungus once it gets within your bloodstream can cause respiratory, sinus and throat problems, even death. A consideration, the tightness in your throat when you encounter bleach fumes could be the bleach actually working to kill a nasty parasite. Are there any visible fungus spores growing in your bathroom or anywhere else in your living space?

I think, Rosbourn may know more about fungus and such. Here where I live it seems to grow everywhere and a certain black fungus strain is often fatal and highly resistant to any medications. It attacks the respiratory system first.

My dilemma was, do I hate bleach more than i hate fungus?

0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 05:01 pm
@littlek,
all kinds of things can set off allergies . when ehbeth developed allergies as a young child , i borrowed some books from the library to get a better understanding - i returned the books thoroughly confused because "just about anything can bring on allergic reactions - from very mild to very severe " .

my IBS symptoms tend to flare up starting in the early spring and late summer : spring grasses and damp lawns and fallen leaves seem to trigger it .

was examined "thoroughly" (inside and out - what a pleasure !) twice in our university G.I. clinic .
doctors' re-assuring comment : "don't worry , it may be unpleasant but won't kill you " .
that cheered me up no end : GIG GRIN !
hbg
littlek

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 06:26 pm
@hamburger,
Hnh, your IBS gets triggered by allergies..... very interesting.
hamburger

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 11:16 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote :

Quote:
Hnh, your IBS gets triggered by allergies..... very interesting.

yea , and about a dozen other things . the difficulty is to detect a definitive pattern - even the mayo clinic says : "coping techniques are required - it won't kill you " - but sometimes it feels like being killed .

the strange thing is that i may eat the plainest of food and set off an attack ; yet at other times i may indulge - such as on cruises - and have no problem at all .
(i gotta to go on more long cruises - and get my medical insurance to pay for it - GRIN !) .
hbg

0 Replies