artisitc inspiration?

JLNobody

Tue 15 Sep, 2009 08:31 pm
Yes, just start drawing, painting, doodling, whatever. Don't wait for "inspiration". Indeed, if it comes at all it will probably come BECAUSE you are working. Reverse the arrow of causation: you aren't working because you are inspired; you are inspired because you are working. (usually)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Fri 23 Apr, 2010 09:19 pm
@OGIONIK,
I think the only way to be inspired is to begin the work. The PROCESS itself becomes the muse rather than something apart from you and the medium.
I approach a blank canvas and simply do something--almost anything-- to it. That provides the stimulus for the next thing I do and the two of them generate WITH ME the next. And so on. The real problem for me is knowing when to stop.
farmerman

Fri 23 Apr, 2010 09:24 pm
@JLNobody,
Glad to see this thread ressurected. Ive been dealing with a design problem lately and have pored through my art notebooks (I keep ideas in pretty detailed notebooks composed of quadrille paper).
Ive been sdoing multiples of a same scene and last few days just saw some of my ideas on tryptichs and dyptichs.(I like odd numbers most). The notebooks have provided me with untapped masses of inspiration > Ive been adding to some of the subject matter of several and have been even further inspired to get on with some as soon as I finish these damn works for the show
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Tue 15 Jun, 2010 02:51 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

After thinking about it more, I conclude that the only thing that "inspires" me to work is to have something on the canvas. As someone just said here, work is its inspiration.

I can relate to this.
Mostly, I get a few big mistakes on the paper/canvas/wall/screen and have plenty of inspiration to creat what I had originally intended.

My advice to ogviok (sp?) is to make mistakes, and be fearless. You must first be a master of the medium, and then after that you can form a bond with it and try and communicate. If that makes sense.

Of course certain technical abilities will enable you to enjoy your drawings more.

For trees; I would recommend learning about what they're composed of, how they actually take the appearance they have. And then try to build it out of macaroni or craft sticks or something.
Make it your goal to draw a blueprint from multiple angles. After you did th print and craft stick sculpture you should have an easier time with the tree drawing.
farmerman

Tue 15 Jun, 2010 03:10 pm
@CarbonSystem,
Elmore LEonard (screenwriter and crime novelist) stops writing each day, in the middle of a senetnce. He says that this is the best way for him to stir up his story line.
0 Replies

noinipo

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 10:58 pm
@JLNobody,
In the summer when the weather is good, I go for a walk in a park or along a river with my camera. That's my hobby. When it's raining or too cold, I go to the wood working studio in the basement and make something out of wood.
Most of my lamps are home made too.
0 Replies

guerciofernando

Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:50 am
@OGIONIK,
It coming from bottom of your hearts. It is just happening. There is no such process that the creating mood is coming.
0 Replies

Emilylaws

Fri 7 Jun, 2013 11:38 am
@OGIONIK,
A great nights sleep and coffee
0 Replies