A good cry on the train

FreeDuck

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 06:52 am
I also want to say that I'm glad that I'm not the only one who cries at kindness. Not too long ago I had a particularly stressful time at the airport at like 6:00 in the morning. I hadn't had enough sleep, and everything was a road block, and everyone was nasty. But then one guy in security saw my face and gave me kindness and I cried all the way to the gate.
0 Replies

Mame

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:58 am
@Joe Nation,
Yeah, Joe, that's grief - let it happen, it's better that way. You live it and you cleanse; you deny it, it remains.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, too , especially because of the reason. Hugs to you. Everyone is right - you're among some great friends here who'll help you through it.
0 Replies

nimh

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:05 am
Aw jeez, Joe. That's terrible. So sorry.. <sighs>

ni (like the others, cant imagine why someone would leave you, such a kind & wise soul) mh
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:16 am
I can assure you that grieving a relationship is perfectly normal.

One can grieve all kinds of things.
0 Replies

littlek

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:17 am
Ah, Joe Nation, so sorry......
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:33 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe, what can I say? You're going through a rough time, and we are here for you.
0 Replies

George

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:37 am
Well, hell.
I was wondering what had you off your feed the other day, and I guess this was
it. Yeah, it's grief all right. Grief, pain of loss, and I'm sure a big dose of
frustration. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you get through this okay.
Hang in.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:41 am
Very sorry to hear it Joe..... truly.
0 Replies

eoe

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:44 am
@Joe Nation,
I'm very sorry, Joe.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:17 am
There are few things that bother me more than to see a friend suffer. Hang in there, brother. It doesn't seem like it now, but the pain will diminish and the sun will break through the clouds.

Gus(I wonder if that last sentence should be on the Bulwer-Lytton thread) Ratzenhofer
0 Replies

Thomas

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:35 am
@Joe Nation,
So sorry you have to go through this, Joe!

If it would make you feel better to hit the Central Park loop together sometime on the weekend -- anytime.
cicerone imposter

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:14 am
Joe(usually stoic)Nation, Hang in there, buddy. It's my humble opinion that the sequence of your grief is proper - because sooner is better than later. As gus said, time will heal this event. Take care of yourself, and spend time with your friends.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:31 am
Comiseration from here, Joe.

(you know what Miss Noddy would say...)
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:39 am
@Joe Nation,
sorry , joe !
(hope can you take it like charlie brown and get up again from the kick ! )
hbg

http://www.overworm.com/NothingToSeeHere/NTSH%20Images/CharlieBrownLucyFootball.gif
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:58 am
Oof.
What nimh said.
I've been there in the same situation. I cried at the beach (that damned sun), not so much from someone's kindness but for a place to let it go. Did that on a lot of my walks for a while. So much water at the shore.
Let it go, let it go, keep letting it go (and hold your dominion..)

Actually, I just posted this and walked in to the kitchen to get coffee. Started crying with you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:03 pm
edgar(been there, done that, Joe)blythe
here for you
0 Replies

Diane

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 01:15 pm
@Joe Nation,
Oh Joe, I wonder if you actually realize how loved you are on a2k? Just because some of us don't post often doesn't mean we don't respect and care for you.

You are grieving. Grief is real and divorce is a part of your life that has died. Of course you grieve. In fact, you will most likely go through the (how many?) stages of grief. Let it happen, there is no better way to move on with your life.

Also, when the hurt is almost too much to bear, try to think of us on a2k who care so much and who are crying along with you. I think, in one way or another, we've all been there and our empathy is an understanding that goes deep.
DrewDad

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 01:26 pm
@Diane,
Quote:
you will most likely go through the (how many?) stages of grief.

Six.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Sadness
5. Acceptance
6. Bitter, bitter hatred

(I've modified it a bit, because of what I've read online.)
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 01:39 pm
Aw Joe, sweetheart, don't you know you're not only a good person but also an inspiring person? Don't you know you're one of the people who convinced me that it's worth it to take care of myself? Don't you know that you convince other people of that, and more, every single day?

Your torch isn't just a flicker, it's a flame.

We are here for you and we care.

jes(I can't run much but I can walk with you; let's go up the big hill)pah
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 01:42 pm
For Joe (who I have fought with all these years but who has never lost his sense of humor or a chance to be supportive) Nation, let us cry with you until the sun comes out again. It doesn't help the pain now, but it always does.