New A2K Coolnesses

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 01:21 pm
@Region Philbis,
<smiles>
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 05:47 pm
@ossobuco,

i knew it worked for Following and Followers on profile pages, but never realized it works the same way on thread pages...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 06:11 pm
Wow . . . i didn't realize that other people didn't know these things. I use that trick of clicking on someone's screen name all the time--usually to look for recent posts they've made.

I guess it's because whenever i'm in a PC environment, i click on about everything to see what happens. Don't get me wrong, there's a whole lot i don't know about how this place works (i suck at using the search function), but i always play with stuff.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 06:32 pm
@Setanta,
I'm dumb as a doornail about cutting out whole categories of no interest since I never look at what newbies here look at, the opening pages about My Forums or some such. And even then, g'help me, I might want to look at puzzles some time in the future. On my forums, those are based on what I tag, and I tag to help the tagging phenomenon, not because I'm interested in, say, tv.

As I said elsewhere, I've never ended up using the Friends thing at all - except that sometimes when looking at another's profile, I'll click on one of their friends to see who it is, so learning something. I can find people better by searching.

I never look at My Posts. Did that once or twice long ago and saw a complex scramble of people answering some damned thing I said from weeks ago. Don't even know if it works that way anymore. I just use my own profile.

I didn't know until recently how to quote a sentence more easily than I do by just cutting and pasting, and I've already forgotten how.

I'm not bad at search, most of the time. Others, I give up.
On the other hand, searching the New Yorker is a near lost cause, and searching The Guardian isn't much better, and a2k, which Robert has said is not finished re getting search to work better, which once they start will take a lot of time, is waaaaaay better than those, to me.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 06:59 pm
I click on My Posts, then on Profile, scroll down and there they are, all your posts listed most recent first, click on View read it, then click on back arrow.

I hate this friends and followers stuff. Seems juvenile.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 11:13 pm
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:

I hate this friends and followers stuff. Seems juvenile.

(Gasp!) H-h-how could you say that? Its awesome! Juvenille? Whats wrong with juvenille?
0 Replies