0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:59 am
@spendius,
Will Dutchy have to start all over? Drunk
nimh

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:11 am
@jespah,
Hi all (and good day! This must be very exciting for you, having prepared this for so long.),

I tried the tagging thing with the Georgia thread. Didnt really work... Here's what's happened:

I tried adding a bunch of tags; it said "tags too long". I thought it may be because two of the tags consisted of two words, so I tried it without those two. They seemed to be added properly. Then I tried adding those two after all, and it added one of them (South Ossetia), but also said "tags removed"; it not just did it not add the second one, it also seems to have taken out some of the first ones, including the ones called "Georgia" and "Abkhazia". I tried adding Georgia again - since it's a rather crucial one in a thread about Georgia ;-) - and it just said, " tags removed", refusing to add it. And it doesn't seem to be possible to remove one of my existing tags so that I can add Georgia back in?

Tips and help much appreciated...

(and I'd suggest, if there's a max number of tags you can add to a thread, to put a small-font notice of that with the tag topic button.)
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:12 am
@Craven de Kere,
There must be a way to post an avatar, as some people have already done so. What's the secret?
Joeblow

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:12 am
@Craven de Kere,
OK I voted. Now, off to explore.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:16 am
Is it possible to get a "Reply to All" option at the bottom of the current page rather than having to scroll back up to the top?

Ok, just call me lazy
Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:17 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix wrote:
There must be a way to post an avatar, as some people have already done so. What's the secret?

In a nutshell, you use a third-party site called gravatar.com

For details, visit Snood's thread on the topic. Craven has described the procedure there.

http://able2know.org/topic/120899-1
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:20 am
One administrative question: Is there any particular place where you want us to report bugs? It might be more efficient to pool them in one thread rather than have them spread over the whole site.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:26 am
Is there any way to get an overview of the threads that have been responded to last? Like the "New Posts" page of old?
Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:28 am
@Bohne,
Bohne wrote:
And where did my picture go?"

A2K now uses a third party service for Avatars. It's called "Gravatar.com", and you'll have to re-upload your images there. Craven explains the process in Snood's thread about the subject.

http://able2know.org/topic/120899-1
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:31 am
How do you vote for a thread that doesn't appear on the front page (whether you look at "last week", "all time" or etc?

If you go to the thread itself, there's a vote button next to every post, but there doesnt seem to be a way to vote for the thread itself, which I understand determines whether it becomes visible (and how prominently) on the home page?
Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:32 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
Is there any way to get an overview of the threads that have been responded to last? Like the "New Posts" page of old?

You can select "topic age": all time, "sort by": New Posts. That's a pretty close approximation.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:37 am
I fear and distrust change.
Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:37 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
If you go to the thread itself, there's a vote button next to every post, but there doesnt seem to be a way to vote for the thread itself, which I understand determines whether it becomes visible (and how prominently) on the home page?

As I understand it, voting for the initial post of a thread has the same effect as voting for the thread.
JPB

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:38 am
@Thomas,
Ok Mr Smartiepants, (Thomas) where did you find the quote option?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:39 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
I fear and distrust change.

You and me both!

<heh, found a way to quote. It's cludgy, but it works>
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:40 am
Feeling dumb. How do I do the equivalent of:

Unanswered posts
and
Topics I have replied to that there have been recent replies too (rather than seeing a list of my last replies).