Homosexuality- a christian perspective on 'love.'

neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 11:59 pm
It is not so much the homosexual incinatons which are sinful, it is homosexual acts.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:58 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

It is not so much the homosexual incinatons which are sinful, it is homosexual acts.

So you are saying your god...the one who supposedly created the hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy...and the 100+ billion galaxies that we know of...

...is offended by humans having sex with each other?

What is it with your god, Neo?

How can that possibly offend something that powerful?

Does it need psychiatric help?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:46 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa asked: So you are saying your god...the one who supposedly created the hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy...and the 100+ billion galaxies that we know of...
...is offended by humans having sex with each other?

Dunno about God but gay sex definitely disgusts me and all other normal heteros!
But in fairness to gays, I'm also disgusted by smokers, boozers and junkies..Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 06:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, assume for a moment that there is a God who manufactured us. (I know it scares you.) But, like the car you just bought, your manufacturer has provided a service manual. Would it be wise to disregard all its rules and recommendations?

Now, I'm sure the CEO of Ford Motor Company would not feel personally offended if you ignored his service requirements and decided to use motor oil in place of brake fliud, for instance. Rather, he would be more inclined to think you an idiot, all the while hoping you would survive the crash so he could sell you another car.

Of course, our creator is under no financial motivation and provides our service manual out of love. That is why I personally respect his instructions out of a reciprocating love. I obey out of love and in the expectation that my obedience will work out what is best for me.

Just my thoughts, Frank. They could be just guesses; but I don't think so.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 08:42 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank, assume for a moment that there is a God who manufactured us. (I know it scares you.) But, like the car you just bought, your manufacturer has provided a service manual. Would it be wise to disregard all its rules and recommendations?

Now, I'm sure the CEO of Ford Motor Company would not feel personally offended if you ignored his service requirements and decided to use motor oil in place of brake fliud, for instance. Rather, he would be more inclined to think you an idiot, all the while hoping you would survive the crash so he could sell you another car.

Of course, our creator is under no financial motivation and provides our service manual out of love. That is why I personally respect his instructions out of a reciprocating love. I obey out of love and in the expectation that my obedience will work out what is best for me.

Just my thoughts, Frank. They could be just guesses; but I don't think so.

Considering it starts with, and depends upon, the existence of a god...how could it be anything but a guess?
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 11:11 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Nothing wrong with it what so ever. If you loving your living. If your loving your winging.
0 Replies

Woman4Christ

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:08 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Homosexuals in Gods eyes are full of LUST, not love. So it's the act in itself. God goes beyond condemning it, He considers it an abomination. Homosexuality disgusts God, because that was not His plan for man. Also God knows the roots of homosexuality are demonic.
Krumple

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:12 am
@Woman4Christ,
Woman4Christ wrote:

Homosexuals in Gods eyes are full of LUST, not love. So it's the act in itself. God goes beyond condemning it, He considers it an abomination. Homosexuality disgusts God, because that was not His plan for man. Also God knows the roots of homosexuality are demonic.

Yeah a god that is suppose to be omniscient totally got blindsided by homosexuality. He sounds like a terrible engineer.

"Hey Adam, I'm going to put you under a spell that will make you fall asleep for a second so I can yank a rib out of your chest and create women from it."

"Wait, but you made me from clay right? Why not just get some more clay?"

"I am god, quit questioning me, now go to sleep.."
0 Replies

Woman4Christ

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yes it disgusts Him, why? Well for many reasons, but to name a few... Homosexuality is an abomination, its lustful and not in love. Homosexual thoughts derive from demons, and God sees that.

Homosexuals are deceived, if only they could see in the spiritual realm. Anytime a homosexual engages in homosexual acts in the real world he is in fact having sex with demons and worshipping demons with his body in the spirit world.

God permitted the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah for that very reason.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:25 am
@Woman4Christ,
Woman4Christ wrote:

Yes it disgusts Him, why? Well for many reasons, but to name a few... Homosexuality is an abomination, its lustful and not in love. Homosexual thoughts derive from demons, and God sees that.

Homosexuals are deceived, if only they could see in the spiritual realm. Anytime a homosexual engages in homosexual acts in the real world he is in fact having sex with demons and worshipping demons with his body in the spirit world.

Oh no...not another one! Wink
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:54 am
@Woman4Christ,
I thought many Christian churches ordain gay ministers...the Epicopalians and Presbyterians?
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:56 am
@Woman4Christ,
Woman4Christ wrote:

What a load of pooh!!! People indoctrinated to despise others because of some idiotic doctrine. Spiritual realm?? Yeah ok heartless idiot.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 05:37 pm
Yes the new testament does condemn homosexuality. It even condemns those who approve of it.
HOMOSEXUAL

1 Cor 5:9-13
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.
10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.
11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner-- not even to eat with such a person.
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."
James 1:13-16
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
Gal 5:19
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
1 Pet 2:19
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
1 Pet 2:21-22
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
James 4:5
5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?
James 4:7-8
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
1 Cor 6:9-11
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
1 Tim 1:8-10
8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
Luke 17:28-30
28 "Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
29 "but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
30 "Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
Titus 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.
2 Pet 2:3
3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)
xxxxThis is a revelation I received from the Holy Spirit. Like it or not this is what the bible says. You can look up every verse. Whether your a homosexual or not if you approve of it you could condemn yourself. Homosexuality is a sin.

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9-13
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
(NKJ)

Rom 1:22-32
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man-- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

LaTeFaTe800

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 04:24 pm
@contrex,
I think they meant the Bible, it's said directly in there: Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." and Romans 1:26 "For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchange natural intercourse for unnatural." and more in Laviticus. The religion of Christianity is bound by the Holy Bible, however, that does not mean all Christian churches, nor all Christians, believe in and/ or follow the Bible and its teachings. You should better by looking deeper into someone's words rather than assume ignorance.
0 Replies

LaTeFaTe800

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 04:32 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
That's a difficult question because there is no evidence in the Bible that states an answer. All of the verses in the Bible that state anti-homosexuality refer to sexual activity. You can find multiple verses that mention that homosexual SEX is an abomination worthy of death, but nowhere can you find anything that says two men or two women can't love each other romantically.
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 05:04 pm
@LaTeFaTe800,
Homosexual inclinations happen.
But it is homosexual activity that is forbidden.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 06:05 pm
@neologist,
Another reason the Bible is screwed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 05:12 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Homosexual inclinations happen.
But it is homosexual activity that is forbidden.

Technically, that seems to be correct.

But how does that help the situation?

Why is that considered any kind of reasonable response to questions about why the god would be offended by what humans do?

Why would anyone want to "worship" a god who cares what consenting, adult humans do with their sexuality...other than because of fear of the punishment the god might mete out?

And if so...why worship a god that uses fear as an enforcement?

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 06:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
If a god existed, and that god had a purpose for mankind, and that involved some kind of eventual utopia, perhaps that god foresaw a danger that sexual freedom might impact on that proposed utopia.

Quote:
why worship a god that uses fear as an enforcement?

Why serve any establishment or authority that invokes negative consequences for any action that one might find appealing?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 07:30 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

If a god existed, and that god had a purpose for mankind, and that involved some kind of eventual utopia, perhaps that god foresaw a danger that sexual freedom might impact on that proposed utopia.

Such as???

If a god can make a universe so huge it takes light travelling at 186,000 miles per second billions of years to traverse it...

...the god surely can create a "Utopia" where people can do what they want with their genitalia.

Your rationalization is merely that...a rationalization.

Quote:
Quote:
why worship a god that uses fear as an enforcement?

Why serve any establishment or authority that invokes negative consequences for any action that one might find appealing?

No reason not to fear a god or establishment authority...but to call it "worship" or "deep abiding love" is just lying.