Homosexuality- a christian perspective on 'love.'

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 06:30 pm
@Josie Foles,
Josie, with all the respect in the world, I would like to point out that Christians are being hypocrites when they "put little emphasis on the Old Testament." Fact is, without the Old Testament, Christianity and the New Testament make absolutely no sense!

And I would also point out that the "condemnation of homosexuality" is not confined 100% to the Old Testament. Paul has at least 4 instance of what undoubtedly is condemnation of homosexual activity.

In fact, if the words of Jesus are important to Christianity (not sure they are) then all the laws of the Old Testament should be emphasized a great deal by Christianity.
Josie Foles

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 08:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, I can't speak for how they justify their beliefs. When I refer to "most of my family," I do not include myself. I am agnostic.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 06:09 am
@Josie Foles,
Jesus said 'I have come to fulfill the law.'
not to destroy it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 07:10 am
Keep in mind that I think the Bible, when dealing with "the true nature of Reality" (read that, the religion stuff) is a complete crock of bullshit. You get as much information about what actually exists in reality from a Superman comic book as you do from the Bible.

But, given that the book exists...and given that some people assert it to be special--a book inspired by and protected by a GOD--then we ought to expect that the people who make that assertion should live in conformity with it.

As Pentacle Queen points out, what Jesus said is: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you; UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, not the smallest letter of the law, not the smallest part of a letter shall be done away with until it all comes true." Matthew 5:17ff

The passage calling homosexual conduct an abomination is part of the Law.

And even if Christians are correct about not being subject to the Law (I think they are wrong on that)...even if they are right--then they are relieved of having to kill homosexuals, but that DOES NOT MEAN THE GOD NO LONGER CONSIDERS IT TO BE AN ABOMINATION.

No getting around that.

That's why the book should be trashed!
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 03:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Great post frank.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 03:19 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

Great post frank.

Yeah, no doubt Frank. I'd love to see the faces of Christians when they learn they have to die if they "spill their seed." Of course, perhaps it's in our best interest if they are still allowed to masturbate. I'd hate for too much pent up sexual frustration to explode.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Jordan X

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 04:11 am
@Arella Mae,
Who are you to judge? What does the bible say about judging others? Have a look at yourself before you have something to say about others.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 04:44 am
@Jordan X,
She's not 'judging' she repeated what the Bible states.
It's god who's judging, according to the text which is meant to be his eternal word.
0 Replies

castro123

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 12:52 pm
@contrex,
Hi, I'm a Christian, and am attracted to the same sex. I think you make a very valid point / ask a very valid question. At the end of the day, the God of the Bible does not want 2 men engaging in sex, because it violates how He intended sex to be used, ie between a man and a womand, in a monogamous lifelong relationship. But you are right, there is a difference between love and sex, and the Bible sets no boundries on who may love whom, and in what way. I have loved a few guys in my time.. Regrettably, none of those relationships has worked, becuase none of them was prepared to love without the sex.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 05:34 pm
@castro123,
Wow, castro, that is quite extreme.
So, you believe being in love is acceptable, but just not the sex.
What are your thoughts on why god has made you this way. Surely this problem is 'ruining' your life? Is it a sadness to you?
0 Replies

sstainba

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 08:40 am
Why is it that the only part of the OT that people quote are the passages against homosexuality? Leviticus also states that anyone who plants more than a single crop in a field should be stoned until dead. Adulterers should be stoned. A person that wears clothing made from two dissimilar fibers should be stoned. Leviticus states that man shall not eat from the sea that which has not fins for it is an abomination. So eating craps or shrimp is out... It's terribly convenient that people ignore those parts. Why is that? The bible is nothing more than a tool used by those in power to keep themselves in power and disciminate against those who differ.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 04:42 pm
@sstainba,
Yeah, you're right in some respects.
There's the argument that the 'old testament isn't meant to be taken literally' then the fact that a lot of people haven't read it and then the people that ignore it and concentrate only on the more rational parts.
0 Replies

texasmid

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 12:15 pm
A lot of these responses seem to have come as a result of many "Christians'" approaches to homosexuality, approaches of hate, misunderstanding, and condemnation. As a Christian, I am called to show Christ's love to EVERYONE. Everyone includes homosexuals. Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." That means that we are all guilty of sin, whether it's homosexual lusts and acts, murder, vain speaking, pride, whatever it is, we've all sinned.

It is not through condemnation of a homosexual that us Christians are doing our "jobs" its by showing love and recognizing that you can in fact hate the sin but love the sinner. Loving the person does not mean that you are loving their sin. It means that you care deeply for them, like Christ cares for all of us.
ok, sermon over. Thanks for reading.
0 Replies

dazza 480

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 12:53 pm
@contrex,
IT DOES you should read the bible
0 Replies

dazza 480

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 12:55 pm
@fishin,
your just playing with wors the bible condems homsexuality
0 Replies

dazza 480

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 12:56 pm
@contrex,
gods love the same god that likes to commit genocide
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 02:26 am
Homosexuals, drunkards, murderers etc have to have a church to attend. So if a church accepts them as parishioners that is up to them. It is wrong to disregard or hate or turn aside from sinners. Who knows they are in church for a reason. It is up to god to judge. A practicing homosexual is like a practicing murderer or a practicing drunkard they all need to repent. Abomination means unclean.
Francis

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 02:32 am
@Philis,
Philis wrote:
A practicing homosexual is like a practicing murderer or a practicing drunkard they all need to repent

Church addicts are worse that homosexuals.

Leave homosexuals alone, they don't need your solicitude..
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 04:25 pm
@Philis,
Philis wrote:

Homosexuals, drunkards, murderers etc have to have a church to attend. So if a church accepts them as parishioners that is up to them. It is wrong to disregard or hate or turn aside from sinners. Who knows they are in church for a reason. It is up to god to judge. A practicing homosexual is like a practicing murderer or a practicing drunkard they all need to repent. Abomination means unclean.

That doesn't even make proper sense.
Labeling these types of people and telling them to get to a church pronto sounds like you've already made a judgment.

I love the way christians lump massive categories of 'sin' together, like being gay is equivalent to killing someone.
It's the most one dimensional form of opinion ever.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 02:43 am
Queen, you stated in your original post "christianity condems homosexuality" It depends on who you talk to how deep the condemnation goes. But according to scripture it means unclean. My bro is a homo and my nearest cousin is a les. Don't talk about me condemning. You asked what do christinas think about this. Well, they think homos should repent, lesbians too. Nothing too hard to understand what I wrote.