Smileyrius

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 03:44 pm
@Squeakybro,
An interesting point squeaky, might I ask, do you believe the King James translation has not removed or altered any of the original text?
Squeakybro

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 05:58 pm
@Smileyrius,
I know the Holy Spirit and I have conversations with Him every day. If He quotes a verse to me I know that verse is the Word of God.
Smileyrius

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 06:52 pm
@Squeakybro,
So you are better equipped than anyone to know how difficult it can be to find a decent translation these days, Between the 12 on my shelf, I could excerpt some pretty twisted understandings, all I have to combat this is a decent prayer and heavy study.
neologist

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 06:56 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I know the Holy Spirit and I have conversations with Him every day. If He quotes a verse to me I know that verse is the Word of God.
You are aware, are you not, that the holy spirit is not a person?
Which leads me to ask . . .
Who or what are you having communication with?
Squeakybro

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:50 pm
@Smileyrius,
I have seen so many think that they need more and more knowledge to find God. And the opposite is true. People need to learn to purge knowledge. The wrong kind.
PURGE (CHANGE YOUR BELIEFS) YOUR MIND OF CARNALITY
1 Cor 5:7-8
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Matt 16:11-12
11 "How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?-- but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees."
12 Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
Eph 4:13-14
13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
Col 2:8-10
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
Rom 12:1-3
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
Matt 12:34
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Matt 12:36-37
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Luke 12:15
15 And He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses."
2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Titus 3:9-11
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.
2 Tim 2:23
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.
(NKJ)
xxx Logic and reasoning is what brings on confusion. The Word of God(verses) was given as power to purge our own minds of confusion. The weapon we use is the verses. I have demonstrated the Spirit(verses) to show what helps keep me from getting involved in the confusion. And no one can see what I am doing.
John 9:39
39 And Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind."
Mark 10:15
15 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
Luke 18:17
17 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
Rom 7:13
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
(NKJ)
xxx I see the big difference between the way I learned the Word of God and others I talk to. I went through the three years of the milk understanding. Reading and believing everything I read in the new testament. Then when I went into the meat understanding(receiving verses from the Holy Spirit in my mind), I used every verse I received against my own carnal thoughts and purged my own mind of carnality. And I done this for eleven years. Until I could answer every thought and every question in my own mind with a verse. I done this to prepare me for following the Holy Spirit. Then I came to the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of. That was when I was born again. And I met Jesus face to face. Then I started sharing my revelations with others and kept receiving more revelations on subjects they brought up. I received these revelations every day for another fourteen years. After that they started thining out to afew a month. But I wrote them down so I can go back and study them over and over. I see to many people out there starting in the meat understanding and receiving some verses and their carnal mind tricks them into useing the verses on others. Which is wrong. Their carnal mind overrides the spiritual and they cant purge. So they go into theology(Spiritual guessing)with their carnal mind.

(NKJ)

To many people try to add scriptural knowledge to their carnal understanding. And all you will come up with is a bunch of confusion. You must purge(change your beliefs) in order to learn from the Holy Spirit.

Luke 5:36-39
36 Then He spoke a parable to them: "No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old.
37 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
38 "But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
39 "And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"
(NKJ)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 15:34-38
34 Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.
35 But someone will say, "How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?"
36 Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies.
37 And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain-- perhaps wheat or some other grain.
38 But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:54 pm
@neologist,
I don't know who you think the Holy Spirit is. Here let me show you.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

neologist

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:23 pm
@Squeakybro,
Posted in the kingdom thread: http://able2know.org/topic/213526-4#post-5805698
Quote:
Be careful how you assign a personality to the Greek word pneuma, which is of the masculine case, but which means 'breath'. The designation 'he' is of no more indication of personality than would be the word 'she' applied to your boat.
Squeakybro

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:36 pm
@neologist,
HOLY SPIRIT
FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Rev 2:29 (MILK & MEAT)
29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
2 Tim 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Phil 1:9-11
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
2 Cor 9:10
10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,
1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Matt 3:8
8 "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,
Col 1:5-6
5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,
6 which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;
Gal 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (MILK)
1 Cor 12:4-11
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

1 Cor 13:8-13
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Heb 5:12-14
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
John 15:26
26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
(NKJ)
VOICE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (MEAT)
John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Rom 14:17
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
1 Cor 14:10-12
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Gal 5:17-18
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(NKJ)

xxxThe milk is about 3 to 4 years long, and in that time you should know that the Holy Spirit is in you. There are 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit and you will receive one or more of them gifts as evidence that the Holy Spirit is in you. Then when you are sure, the Holy Spirit will take you into the meat of the Word one verse at a time. You should know what love is by this time. The milk took you to love and the Holy Spirit. Now the Holy Spirit will lead you with that love as the first step in the meat. And the Holy Spirit will lead you inside yourself with that love, to crucify the flesh(feelings & emotions)(unclean spirits). And this should last for atleast 11 years.

Heb 5:13-14
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
(NKJ)

Gal 1:18
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
(NKJ)

Gal 2:1-2

1 Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me.
2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.
(NKJ)

John 15:26
26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
(NKJ)

Rev 1:1

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants-- things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
(NKJ)

GO TO HIDDEN LANGUAGE
0 Replies

GoodNews2015

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 07:30 pm
@Arella Mae,
Well actually, the word trinity is not in the Bible and triune Gods existed in Egypt was before Christ came to the Earth.
The sacrifice of the "the only begotten son" is negated by making him part of the father. Remember Abraham and Isaac? That was a foreshadowing of what our heavenly Father would do by sacrificing his son.
Colossians 1:15, 16 says Jesus is the first born on all creation, i.e. "begotten" and "created".
What is a larger sacrifice for a parent, to die for you or to have their child die for you? That's why John 3:16 says "For God loved the world SO MUCH..."
If Jesus is God in any form, oneness, trinity, etc.. Why use a Father/Son family relationship, equality would suggest a sibling relationship. Just some food for thought. Google the council of Nicaea, i.e. Nicene Creed. Prior to this, four full centuries had passed since Christ walked the Earth and the Trinity doctrine was not part of first century Christianity.
neologist

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 07:34 pm
@GoodNews2015,
Arella Mae has not posted in a long time. She was a nice lady, I thought, but could not stand the heat, so left the kitchen.
GoodNews2015

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 07:38 pm
@neologist,
Yeah I noticed after my post that it was from a long time ago! Oh well maybe someone will see it. Smile
0 Replies

AdamLOV

Fri 1 May, 2015 02:27 pm
@Arella Mae,
It is puzzling to me that proponents of such dogmas fail to take account of the possibility of Zeroness.
0 Replies

Gwyneth Elms

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 05:06 am
@neologist,
I believe that Jesus is equal with God the Father but that he took on the form of a man so that he could fully identify with us and die as a man to redeem us from sin - in heaven now he is restored to his rightful place as God d the son
neologist

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 10:49 am
@Gwyneth Elms,
So, you're saying the evidence from the scriptures should be ignored?
AugustineBrother

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 04:03 pm
@Arella Mae,
The Father , the Son, and the Holy Spirit are distinct but in perfect unity.
There is no 'versus' there is no priority of Trinity over Unity or Unity over Trinity.

Triunity is a better word if you are mislead by Trinity to see '3' as dominant
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Wed 13 Jul, 2016 04:06 pm
@neologist,
It isn't but what it conveys IS.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Tue 9 Aug, 2016 01:03 pm
@Arella Mae,
The Trinity in Catholic thought does not give priority to either side. More like 'Tri-Unity". Remember , the stated aim of those who defined the Trinity was to make explicitly ONLY what the NT reported. Nothing more, nothing less.
0 Replies

YouNme

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 02:21 am
God the father was born as a human being. That human incarnation is called the son. He is called the son because he was conceived and he was born.

Jesus is god incarnate. Immanuel is his human name. Jesus Christ, Lord is his title. He is son of god because he is the only instance where god became flesh. He is son of man because god was born of a human being. Jesus became the holy spirit after crucifixion, and sent *the spirit* to live among people.

"God gave his only son" is synonymous with "God gave his only life".

Each child born, whether son or daughter, is called a new life. Synonymous terms.

If you ever want to see god as a person, you will always be pointed to Jesus Christ. If you want to know god's name, read Matthew 1:23

0 Replies

sanora

Fri 9 Feb, 2018 06:14 pm
@Arella Mae,
My belief is that God is "All That Is," therefore, anyway you slice it,...it is still all God, no matter what form it is taking. God is the only thing that has, is now, or ever will exist. Nothing new has ever been created, because there has never been any other source to draw from, but God itself. We view everything from our human perspective, and that is pretty limiting, while we are still in an embodiment. So,...everything is connected to everything else within creation, because it is all of the same substance and cause. God is the only reality, and from God, has sprung all sub realities that we are aware of, whether they be of Gods direct, or indirect cause.
0 Replies

MadJW

Tue 1 Jan, 2019 08:56 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I don't think I have brought this up before, but if I have forgive me. I'm at work on lunch and only have a few more minutes so thought I'd jot this down.

What are your views on the oneness vs. the trinity doctrine? For those that do not know what oneness is (if there are any that don't) it is the belief that Jesus is The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

There are two views of the trinity, from my experience anyway: One view is that the trinity is actually three separate persons making up one godhead. The other is one entity/person with three different manifestations.

I am very curious as to your thoughts?

--------------------

The only church dogma dumber- and more phony- than the Trinity Dogma- is the so-called "Onness" that portrays God as having a Triune Personality Disorder....

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Triune%20Polytheism/ONNESS_zpsb7xvh1yk.jpg
0 Replies