Illusion and reality 2012

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 12:42 pm
These videos address illusion and reality ......

Video #1

Video #2

Watch them and then, if you would like, share your thoughts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,752 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Dr Huff

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 01:19 pm
In a word: crap.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 01:35 pm
Dr Huff wrote:
In a word: crap.

It would be helpful if you could be a bit more specific in your analyis.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 01:38 pm
bookmark

don't have time to watch now, but is this about the world ending in 2012?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 01:43 pm
Pseudo-scientific metaphysical gobbledygook.

I'll admit I stopped watching a little way in, but it appeared that he was attempting to use quantum entanglement to explain so-called "paranormal" abilities.

While quantum entanglement is really cool, and really does have some metaphysical implications, I'd have to say that Star Wars and The Matrix said it better than this guy.
0 Replies

loony

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 02:23 pm
he likes the sound of his own voice.
it strikes me that he has got together every weird unexplainable thing in the world and wrote an essay about it.

could he actually be the reincarnation of jesup chrisp?

i've done a fair bit of acid in my time this video is like a comedown after a heavy night raving...it's kind of weird, strange and scarey and you dont want to go there too much. if someone told me that **** then i would still be locked up in a psychiatric hospital now, by choice mind you.

so by 2012 i can fly to Newyork without a plane watch a yankees game for free and then zip over to italy grab a pizza in the 7th inning stretch pause the game transindentally then be back in bed by 9pm uK time...cant wait

the way they talk about DNA and all that quantum fluff that most people cant understand anyway, doesnt wash and it's convienient that i just cant go and have a look at DNA myself.

how the **** do 'they' know all this is for real? in 20 mins they have solved the mystery of the universe and thats it, in a 6 month focus group has worked out what might get attention on TV, What might appeal to all the doped heads, so what else is there to live for?

one thing that is constant with all these types of programs (ooo trippy) is that someone has to preach something AT you at some stage, which i dont like.

The only thing i can see evolving (and that is quite frighteneing) is that the extreme end of the religious spiritual groups keep reinventing information, manipulating it to there advantage and using every resource they consider strange chuck in a few fancy unusual scientifiky words to try to MAKE people believe their bullshit and they wont give up until everyone is brainwashed and in thier control. I get the feeling i dont have a choice as they Know it all.period.

I'm surprised Uri Gellar didn't pop up and bend a few spoons but im not surprised that david ikes website was in the end listing, which says it all really.

I nearly bought it until he said 'creator' and 'evil' then i lost interest and decided to take a poo.

sorry, Next?
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 03:39 pm
Chai , I didn't get the tie in with the Mayan's 2012 prediction but that is not to say it is not there.

Drewdad, Yes there is a lot that is hard to swallow but there are sections that strike a chord. Like the use of water in the manufacture of the DNA molecule for recording evolutionary changes. There is an obvious continuity of the species with advancement and regression in each continuous generation. I often wonder what other 'information' could be passed on through DNA.

Would you choose the red pill or the blue
Very Happy

Loony, All those tiny things are viewed with the use of an electron scanning microscope. For $200 you can have your DNA scanned and determine your continent of birth.... pretty cool huh?
0 Replies

loony

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 03:46 pm
so if 2012 doesnt happen like they predict, are they all going to STFU and let us all get on with out lives in peace and quiet?

Loony, All those tiny things are viewed with the use of an electron scanning microscope. For $200 you can have your DNA scanned and determine your continent of birth.... pretty cool huh?

it wouldnt matter what i saw coz i still wouldnt know what i was looking at and ill be dead before i care.
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 03:54 pm
Tell me how suppressed my right brain is if I don't lead with, "these facts are bullshit," and instead say that, "everything this guy says feels like bullshit."
0 Replies

loony

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 03:58 pm
for all the believers that are going to argue the toss, can i have all your money one month before the world is going to end? it will go to good home.

please post here:
if it does end then you can have it back with interest.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:31 pm
Vengoropatubus wrote:
Tell me how suppressed my right brain is if I don't lead with, "these facts are bullshit," and instead say that, "everything this guy says feels like bullshit."

I never proclaimed the videos to be 'fact'. I only mentioned them as possible items for a discussion. As I am not a psychiatrist and therefore unable to make a call on your mental status I will put you down as 'bullshit' with a question mark.
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:03 pm
Did I say anything about your beliefs? No. I guess you took "everything this guy says feels like bullshit" to be a comment on you, but it was a comment on the video creator.
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 02:15 pm
@Gelisgesti,
this idea that we are all going to "share consciousness"; that sounds like a very clever way to get stupid people thinking about the same things.
ebrown p

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 07:38 am
@existential potential,
From a scientific standpoint, it is pure hogwash.

It is also a bit boring.
existential potential

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:46 pm
@ebrown p,
however, it seems like a rather fitting reaction to the current state of the world; so much division, war, terrorism, conlficting beliefs among the world population, is there any wonder some people want a "consciousness shift"?
Iam Light

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 07:45 pm
@existential potential,
I'm a little surprised that the comments on this 2012 message are so negative...should I be? There were stories. There were some facts. There were some theories. But boil the true message down and it simply says that all we need to do is care about one another and ourselves. It's what stood out. It's a common message in many religions, and yet it may very well be the most ignored.
0 Replies