Everything Eaten Yesterday

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 05:39 am
So I read this article which I will find soon and link here which said basically : if you write down everything that you eat and allow some significant other to see it you will lose weight.

You guys are as significant as about anybody and I really need to do this.
Despite running 20 miles + every week I do not lose any weight. I weight the same as I did 386 days ago and I've run a marathon in between.

Yesterday was a particulary bad day so I thought it would be the right time to start.

So, I am going to report here everything that I eat every day for at least a year. At the bottom of the list will be a little set of numbers that I just made up as I was typing this, it will look like this. 1/200.1/+1.1 that is how many days I've been reporting (1) my current weight (200.1) and how much weight lost or gained since beginning.

Please join me if you wish. Cheer me on and I will cheer you on.

Here goes:
Piece of toast
coffee
Breakfast Steak (8oz)
Three Eggs
Bagel\Butter
Orange Juice
-
Fruit Salad
Lamb stew leftovers
Piece of leftover pizza
-
double dip chocolate ice cream cone
-
1/2 pound hunk of French Raclette cheese
Wrap made of turkey, swiss and ham
Mayo
-
1/200.1/+1.1

Joe(see you tomorrow)Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 53 • Views: 213,632 • Replies: 3,962
Topic Closed

farmerman

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 05:46 am
How did you eat the cheese? with the little George Foreman thing? I wouldve subbbed pistachio for the chocolate. The green dye color is more natural than the brown dye used to color the chocolate.

Looks ok for a start

my work is done here.

AWAY CONCORD
squinney

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 06:25 am
Oooh, good idea, Joe. I'll play. Just don't make me run a marathon!

Coffee
sugar
French vanilla creamer

Leftover Chicken Parm from Casalinga's
w/ Angel hair pasta
1 glass red wine

10 New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
1/2 cup Hummus

1/184/0
0 Replies

dadpad

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 06:54 am
Joe if you dont mind I will modify your food list to what I personally think would be more suitable I have no experience or qualification.

Here goes:
Piece of toast
coffee
Breakfast Steak (8oz) no
Three Eggs no
Bagel\Butter
Orange Juice
-
Fruit Salad
Lamb stew leftovers how much?
Piece of leftover pizza no
-
double dip chocolate ice cream cone no
-
1/2 pound hunk of French Raclette cheese no, couple of slices would be Ok I'm astounded you could eat this much cheese in one sitting.
Wrap made of turkey, swiss and ham salad? wait... the turkey was wrapped around the ham and swiss cheese? Bread? I assume was flat bread How many grams?
Mayolow fat?
Comments: processed cold meats tend to be high fat. Hunt, shoot and cook your own over a wood fire using wood you gathered yourself then use it as required. (Joking)

Do you have a TV remote? Get rid of it, get up walk over and change the channel. (not joking)

You ate good healthy food, just too much of it.

Dad(just trying to help)pad
OGIONIK

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 07:39 am
3 packs of top ramen, oh boy that never gets old!

i added soy sauce this time for extra sodium power.
0 Replies

tycoon

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 07:44 am
One day into this and the TV remote is already being attacked. Oh, the humanity.

I would like to come to the defense of the TV remote. Today's remote does so much more than change channels. It programs, records events, changes picture and sound quality according to what is being veiwed, along with uncountable other functions which cannot be accessed without it. In short, it is indispensible.

Keep the remote. Very close by.
0 Replies

sozobe

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:11 am
Interesting idea. Lemme see.

Breakfast: Cereal (Honeynut Cheerios) and milk. Water to drink.

Snack: Blueberries.

Lunch: Salami sandwich with cheese and mustard, two apricots, and water.

Snack: Blueberries.

Dinner: Spinach pizza, apricot, water.

Dessert: Three Oreos, milk. (I know, I know. Kept it to three though. I can't do the "must not have any sweets ever" thing, it's counterproductive with me. I don't beat myself up about it if it's within reasonable bounds.)

I was outside for much of the day yesterday, toting my water bottle (it was HOT), much more water in between mealtimes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:19 am
I'll Play... I've gained about 15 lbs. and need to drop it.

I cup of coffee w/ Splenda and fat free creamer.
1 slice toast w/butter

Half order leftover Veal Veneziana w/ small side of angel hair

basket of chex mix at gig w/ 2 glasses cabernet

8oz. tomato soup and slice of peanut butter toast.

1/162/0
0 Replies

littlek

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 09:44 am
I did this for a week not too long ago to see if I was eating well - that's easier to do if you write it all down. I made a grid chart which listed the food and had spaces for important nutrients the food contained, fat and calories. It was an interesting endeavor.

Yesterday I ate (guessing at the amounts):

2 cups of whole grain cereal (high in calcium, folic acid, fiber and iron)
2 cups almond milk (high in riboflavin and vitamin D)
15 ounces of black, unsweetened coffee

16 ounce glass of water with an emergenCe packet in (like a multi-vitamin)
16 ounce glass of water plain

5 japanese sweets called daifuko

2-3 cups of defrosted bowl of spinach soup

16 ounce mug of green tea

a single-serving pizza (easily could have fed two) with mozz, feta, spinach, basil, tomatoes on a mixed grain crust

raspberry lime ricky made with pured fruit and soda (yum!)

2 16 ounce pints of beer
0 Replies

dadpad

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:00 am
Breakfast:
3 slices toast peanut butter, Vegemite, golden syrup.
2 cups percolated coffee w/milk 2 sugar.

lunch:
Cheese and bacon pullapart (bread)
3 slices salami 1/2 dozen olives marinated in olive oil.
coffee 2 sugars milk.

dinner: vegebake (potatoe pumpkin swede broccoli) topped w melted cheddar.
Home made marsbarslice (Ok so I'm a baaaaad boy, get over it) 3 pieces (ricebubbbles mars bar topped w chocolate).

The scungy bits from the bottom of a packet of potatoe crisps.
glass OJ.
0 Replies

littlek

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:28 am
dadpad wrote:

Home made marsbarslice (Ok so I'm a baaaaad boy, get over it) 3 pieces (ricebubbbles mars bar topped w chocolate).

How in the world we we know if you were or weren't a bad boy? Marsbarsslice? Ricebubbles?
0 Replies

JPB

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:33 am
Yesterday was a day from hell so I ate when I could.

first thing - 8 oz cranwater with 1 TBS ground flax seed

coffee - black, unsweetened and lots of it.

mid-afternoon - approx 3 oz. leftover grilled chicken (cold), the last crumbs from a bag of bagel chips with kaukauna sharp cheddar cheese

happy hour - wasn't nearly happy enough: 2 j-aritas (12 oz lime seltzer, splash of margarita mix, 1-2 oz tequilla)

dinner - grilled tuna steak on cold boiled potatoes, wax beans, black olives, and red onions with fresh tarragon vinegarette.

1/176.5/0
0 Replies

Swimpy

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:33 am
Joe, I keep a food journal and so far have lost 26 lbs. I also exercise.

I hope I'm not being presumptuous, but might I suggest, as dadpad did, that you look at your list each day and try to find acceptable substitutes for the highest calorie items.

For example, the breakfast steak. An 8 oz steak is a whopping 800 calories, could be more if fried in butter. Chicken has half the calories of beef. If you like it, that might be a way to cut your calories painlessly. 400 calories less per day will equal a lost pound in 8 days.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:34 am
I think your weight is fine, Joe, and you have more energy than a rolling barrel full of monkeys. But I can see you wanting to trim a bit.

Me, I'd like to just watch that I get the right nutrients over a few days time past a backup vitamin pill.

1/154

Coffee with about a tablespoon half and half, half tsp sugar.
1/5th of coconut cream pie leftover from a visit to a cafe with friend. Don't eat desserts for weeks at a time, so ya caught me.

Homemade guacamole (avocado, little bit/ salsa, little bit/salt), half of a ciambatta roll toasted.

Big bowl of salad, ate the whole thing - romaine; sliced previously cooked green beans; 1 slice ham chopped; a 1/2"x2"x 3/4" wedge of cheddar, chopped; five sicilian olives, chopped; probably equivalent to a pint of previously-made sliced pear tomatoes with walnut garlic parsley asiago pesto, a little additional olive oil.

2 glasses of limeade/rum/fizzy water on ice.
2 glasses mineral water.
0 Replies

JPB

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:37 am
Swimpy wrote:

Well Done, Swimpy!!!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:37 am
Oh, yea. So far today: 12 oz of non-fat chai 100 cal.; a tomato.
0 Replies

littlek

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:38 am
Oh! Didn't do the number thing: 1/150/0
0 Replies

Swimpy

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:38 am
Oh, yea. So far today: 12 oz of non-fat chai 100 cal.; a tomato.

1/150/0
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:42 am
Eek. Not 1/5 of a whole pie!
Swimpy

Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:48 am
JPB wrote:
Swimpy wrote:

Well Done, Swimpy!!!

Tenk you beddy much.