is not worshipping God a sin?

kiuku

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 05:46 pm
@kiuku,
yea that's the other point, a sinless body would not die according to the bible, neither to heaven or hell, but could be raptured though, like Jesus, potentially.

yea so, I guess that would be the answer. If you were sinless you wouldn't go to Hell, you would never die. I don't know if not worshiping God is a sin; I think it depends on why. I think that a sinless flesh would know God, and that would be worship, worshiping is not sinning....hard question.

if you're a saint though, then you have some of that, from being sinless, something like not dying, you have miracles (as a result of sinlessness, deep faith is sinlessness though, deep faith or lack of sin or both)---therefore you definitely believe in God. Are you telling me you're a saint who doesn't believe in God, or is this just strictly hypothetical?
kiuku

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 05:50 pm
@kiuku,
on that, many christian sects drink poison to prove that they are sinless.

If you die, you're not sinless. Jesus' was resurrecting people, his friend, so...he's taking people from Heaven or from sleep, or from Hell? What's the point of resurrecting someone if they are in Heaven, chances are, and it says, he was asleep, when Jesus resurrected his friend Lazarus, to be alive and hopefully alive for a long time.

On top of your question Jesus said that church 'could be anywhere', you can pray anywhere, church is in the heart too. If the flesh is sinless it's keeping God in mind. If you're praying, you're going to Church. sort of.

Another question, is worshiping God a sin, if you judge too much? or at all actually so...it's basically that a sinless body probably wouldn't go to Church, seriously, the way people are these days. Jesus didn't have his own temple. Jesus was sinless. Jesus wasn't in any church much less dictating from within his own built temple. Jesus was sinless. So, I think sinless people do not go to church, except to pray on their own, especially if they are reduced to rags.
kiuku

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 06:24 pm
@kiuku,
Another problem I just thought of, is that you can inherit sin, though, from your bloodline, according to the old testament. Jesus was sinless, but Jesus also had a baptism, which forgives sins, repenting; Jesus' father was God and his mother was Mary; there are sins of inheritance too, family sin. Oh and I forgot, how could I, forget, original sin on the topic of inheriting sins, and how Jesus did not inherit a sinful bloodline.

Your family would also have to be sinless, OR you had a baptism. Hypothetically you could be a clone of two saints or you had a magnificent baptism to be free of sin, miraculously.
kiuku

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 06:52 pm
@kiuku,
There's more than one body-there is the body is Heaven or Hell, which is sinless; there is the body here, which is just the same. If it is sinless is must know right from wrong. Some bodies are more sinful than others, noticing. A sinless body will naturally know better, will be unwilling. how doesn't it worship God? you know..I don't know. hypothetical I think, the question.
0 Replies

Josie Burness

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:37 pm
@4benji5,
If Christians are honest they will all admit to a time of struggling with faith. I don't think the question is what is a sin or not. The fact is that I know my God is bigger than that and loves me no matter what. Just like we love our own children even if the u run away from us.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 06:49 am
@existential potential,
existential potential wrote:

this might seem like a stupid question. what I will say is that what if you were a completely sin free person, you have never commited what is considered to be a sin in Gods eyes, and you are the equivalent of a saint? the only thing is, is that you do not believe in God, you don't worship him, go to church or anything like that. so if you are a sinless person "in the eyes of God" and yet do not believe in in him, will you still go to hell?

I think this is a silly question because some religious people will claim that lacking a belief in a god is a sin in of itself. Therefore even if you were "sinless" you would have acquired the sin of lacking belief.

The whole idea of sin is absurd to me. It baffles me why a god which such an ability to create a universe with it's beautiful laws would also be so wrapped up in insignificant actions of it's creation.

To me the concept was invented as a means to force the prevention actions by making them unchallengable. If a person invents a system of laws then another person can challenge them by asking, who are you who can tell me what I can or can not do? But if the person invents a system of rules and then says these are not my rules, they were given to me by a god, then another person can't challenge them. Who can they challenge? It is a way of attempting to empower a set of rules by which they can not be challenged.

Yet today all that is necessary is to say, you don't believe that a god exists and therefore any rules based on that god's existence would become moot. This is why many believers just say an atheist wants to be an atheist because they don't like the set of rules by which a believer claims they should live by. It is not true but it doesn't stop them from attempting a last ditch effort to impose their rules onto them.
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 07:55 am
@existential potential,
perhaps the sin = err is worshiping a god on the onset
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 07:59 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Be it sin or crime, these things stem from negative emotions. Fear, anger, hatred, desperation.

We will never be punished or rewarded for our emotions. We will however be rewarded or punished by our emotions..

Goddamn, that was a good post, dood.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 08:09 am
It seems to me that the Babble wants us to believe that we're all guilty just for having been born. We're all Sisyphus, it seems.

Screw that. I'm an H. sapiens sapiens, a member of the planetary ecology. I was no more born guilty than a platypus is.
0 Replies