Tony Snow Dies at 53

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 06:41 am
Former White House press secretary and FOX News anchor
Tony Snow dies at 53 after long bout with cancer.

LINK

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/320x240_obit_snow_tony.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,195 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 07:56 am
I don't know anything about him, but I'm sorry to hear that.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 08:09 am
BBB
Sad for his family. Glad he left the Bush administration to have his last months with his family.

BBB
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 11:52 am
Tony was a good man, a fair man and he was admired by everyone that new him.
If it wasn't for his failing health, he would still be working for the Bush white house.
Smart man ~
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 11:57 am
as a man, my sympathy. as for his profession he did manage to make Ari Fleisher seem skillful. he was a transparent liar for bush.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 08:53 pm
I think Tony Snow would not lie for anybody. As one of the very few big name media figures that I have had the privilege to meet personally, he was a gentle, gentlemanly, and classy soul honest to the core. Yes, he had to help sell the policies of his boss in the White House, and in so doing he may at times have presented an advocacy that he did not personally embrace. But he did not lie.

Tony used to prowl around some of the better chat rooms on AOL including a CNN sponsored forum that I was once drafted to be an on-line co-host of. It was a two-hour chat discussion related to media and politics. I was the assistant host - the lead host ran a television station out of Atlanta, and worked in NYC for awhile and then Miami where he died a couple of years ago. Anyway this was in the days of $3.00/hour AOL and I got my fees paid by helping to host that on line forum.

Tony popped in quite frequently on those Friday nights and thrilled those attending because most were familiar with his radio and television work as well as his syndicated column. I give him the credit for keeping our attendance up and the program going at least long enough to get past those $3.00/hour days.

He says he remembered meeting me. (Okay, that might have been a lie, but a well intended one.)

Years later he had written a column on the effect of capital gains taxes and I wanted that information for a project I was doing. I sent him an e-mail describing the column and providing my e-mail address. My business signature on my e-mail also had my name and address. A few days later I received a hand addressed stamped envelope from Tony with a copy of that column and a handwritten note providing some additional information. I thought that was a solid class act on his part.

His passing leaves me with a real sense of personal loss.
0 Replies