Is it wrong to kill evil people?

DrewDad

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 08:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm pretty sure that capital punishment qualifies.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 08:20 am
@DrewDad,
That is not murder.
It is proper vengeance, getting even for an earlier victim.

David
0 Replies

NoSuchThing

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 08:27 pm
@DrewDad,
From naturalistic and preservation point of view, No.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 11:56 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
It is always wrong to kill anybody, whatever they have done.
Sometimes u kill them because of what thay r DOING.
0 Replies

pain

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 06:05 pm
No I think about it everyday. You all say it is wrong to kill rapist murderers child molesters ..etc you guys are fools. You are weak. I know for a fact if someone came in your house raped your child and left your telling me you would let the law handle it? Why so they can get fed all day and never have to pay bill where do you think our tax dollars go? Grant to kill evil you must become evil I am willing to go to hell knowing I just saved more people grief because I ended there life trying to talk smart on here like you have a college degree doesn't mean **** the words that come out of your mouths is stupidity I am done now
JLNobody

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 09:15 am
@pain ,
Wow, a fairly smart and outraged individual who could have benefitted from a college education.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 07:41 am
Two words to change on the OP title. As is an European is imediatly put off by the linearity of the implied reasonig.

So I rather:

It is adequate to kill dangerous people ?

To witch obviously the awnser is no. So please drop the dramatic style.
0 Replies

pain

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 06:29 pm
@JLNobody,
Yes because I see all other college students living with there parents that are in there 30's because of debt please sign me up matter of fact your probably one of them tell me how does it feel that someone that didn't finish high school makes more money then you?
0 Replies

NightFlirt

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 05:15 pm
@DrewDad,
Define EVIL! What you say is good, someone else may very well define as evil. If you killed the man who murdered your child, you would be just as evil as they are.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 08:36 pm
@NightFlirt,
"Evil" is difficult to define, because in times of war, there are political and ethical issues involved based on personal observations, subjective interpretations and definitions. Nobody knows how they will react in war time. I understand PTS is common. The story of Desmond Doss is a good example. He refused to carry a gun, and the officers and men continued to harass him. https://specialoperations.com/33062/desmond-doss-an-unlikely-hero-who-was-awarded-the-medal-of-honor/
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 09:17 pm
@NightFlirt,
That is an opinion. I hope you know that.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:52 am
@roger,
And as satire becomes unhinged from it's time and context, it runs smack into Poe's Law.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 02:09 pm
@DrewDad,
Trump is a master of rhetoric; but it's empty, divisive, xenophobic, and racist. The uneducated are his fans. The father and daughter who died trying to cross the river is the result of Trump's policies on immigration.
Quote:
FACT SHEET
An Overview of U.S. Refugee Law and Policy
Refugee Status

The United States has long been a global leader in the resettlement of refugees—and the need for such leadership remains enormous. The number of refugees around the world who are fleeing violence or persecution in their home countries in search of safety abroad has grown dramatically over the past decade.

Until recently, the United States offered refuge each year to more people than all other nations combined. But the Trump administration has drastically reduced the maximum number of refugees that can enter the United States. Moreover, the United States government has imposed new security vetting procedures on refugees before they can be admitted into the country, which has greatly lengthened waiting times and left many refugees in dangerous situations for prolonged periods. In 2017, for the first time in modern history, the United States settled fewer refugees than the rest of the world.1
0 Replies