Is it wrong to kill evil people?

Seed

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 03:33 pm
I don't really think this question can be answered truthfully until you are faced with the situation. I mean you can have your ideas behind it. But until you pull the trigger or you use what ever method it is you are using, that you can not give an answer that isn't based in doubt.
0 Replies

Foley

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 04:32 pm
@JLNobody,
Many people presuppose killing as an absolute evil. To ask "Is it wrong to kill evil people" is basically asking "Do the ends justify the means," whereas asking "Is it wrong to kill good people" is an absurd question until you challenge the basis of your beliefs.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:48 am
Is it wrong to kill evil people?

It depends on what thay r DOING when u start killing them.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 01:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Interesting
djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 01:30 pm
my question

is it evil to kill wrong people

cause i know some folks that are just plain wrong
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 02:50 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
my question

is it evil to kill wrong people

cause i know some folks that are just plain wrong
How many did u kill ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 02:52 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
Interesting
especially to the evil people
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 02:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
none actually,but, oh boy, if looks could kill
justcj

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:59 pm
@contrex,
I think under certain circumstances it is OK to kill somebody; If someone has killed an innocent person, 'an eye for an eye', or if the death of a certain 'evil' individual will save more than one innocent life, terrorists and corrupt officials (to an extent of brutality). I also believe, to an extent and under in-depth consideration, political party leaders, presidents and prime ministers in some under developed countries (i.e africa) which force oppression, poverty and suffering on their nation are liable for assassination, much like how syria's Colonel Gaddafi was executed. An evil person can only be branded as evil after their actions negatively, fatally and directly inflict an innocent.
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:04 pm
@justcj,
However, if you believe that...then who or what body of gov't has the right or qualifications and/or authority to declare that death is the best solution?

Why not imprison them for life? Civility is a requirement for a civilization to be functional and have a non-hypocritical morality.
justcj

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 06:17 pm
@Ragman,
Obviously it couldn't be carried out by one sole government, it would need to be universally accepted by all governments of the world for it to be practical, as otherwise war would result due to a difference of opinions between governments and jurisdiction violations. Alternatively, an expansive, invisible and highly informed network of highly trained assassins.

Why drain the economy by paying for the life-long living expenses of individuals who clearly show disregard and inconsideration for life itself?

And precisely, civility is required for civilisation to function, but for the most part, civility is not a notion that a murderer of an innocent can ever comprehend. I see individuals who are capable of killing an innocent as having some sort of evolutionary defect where they aren't able to exhibit empathy, compassion or morality. For the succession of the human race into a pacifistic society, murderers (and their genetic tendencies to violence), should be annihilated, preventing them from spawning children that may not fall far from the gene tree.

35% of murderers commit kill again after being released from jail.
26% of murderers commit manslaughter after being released from jail.

grand total; 61% of murderers have some involvement with the death of another person after being released. The legal system isn't psychic, how are they supposed to know which inmates are going to do that? It seems like an unlawful, immoral and cruel game of russian roulette that governments are inflicting on their, nonetheless wiser, civilians.

Death should only be inflicted on a criminal/'evil' person if substantial body of solid evidence is present.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 10:04 pm
@justcj,
justcj wrote:
I think under certain circumstances it is OK to kill somebody; If someone has killed an innocent person, 'an eye for an eye', or if the death of a certain 'evil' individual will save more than one innocent life, terrorists and corrupt officials (to an extent of brutality). I also believe, to an extent and under in-depth consideration, political party leaders, presidents and prime ministers in some under developed countries (i.e africa) which force oppression, poverty and suffering on their nation are liable for assassination, much like how syria's Colonel Gaddafi was executed. An evil person can only be branded as evil after their actions negatively, fatally and directly inflict an innocent.
The CEO of Syria remains intact, tho controversial.
Col. Gaddafi was in Libya. He had no death warrant executed upon him; he was killed,
while he was being sodomized with a wooden or metal shaft,
and yelling mightily. (Video of this is on the Internet.) He got shot.
Some have said that his gunshot was in mercy, to spare him the
inconvenience & indignity of getting publicly sodomized like that,
after he fell into the hands of unfriendly elements of the populace.

Hillary said that this event shud be studied. I dunno if the results
of her studies have been made public yet. U can ask her.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 10:08 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
none actually, but, oh boy, if looks could kill
I bet u can do a good scowl.
0 Replies

justcj

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 03:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Sorry, i meant to say Libya, The words and how they sound look similar, I get confused, aha. It's a very interesting subject, I mean, although there was no official death warrant for him, NATO forces attempted to kill him when they carried out an air strike on his convey, but regardless, the International Criminal Court had a warrant for his arrest under crimes against humanity- which is punishable by death.

What a horrific way to end a life, being violated like that. Though I think that as he directly/indirectly inflicted torture upon innocents, he deserved to be tortured equally, though certainly NOT as a public spectacle, how revolting.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 04:32 am
@justcj,
justcj wrote:
Sorry, i meant to say Libya, The words and how they sound look similar, I get confused, aha. It's a very interesting subject, I mean, although there was no official death warrant for him, NATO forces attempted to kill him when they carried out an air strike on his convey, but regardless, the International Criminal Court had a warrant for his arrest under crimes against humanity- which is punishable by death.
I don 't recognize such a court.

justcj wrote:
What a horrific way to end a life, being violated like that.
Though I think that as he directly/indirectly inflicted torture upon innocents,
he deserved to be tortured equally,
though certainly NOT as a public spectacle, how revolting.
I don 't think he liked it much.
WELCOME to the forum, cj!
I hope that u will enjoy it very much.

If u 'd like us to know anything about u,
feel free to tell us whatever u deem of interest,
in your personal profile, on your home page.
( Click your screen name )

David
justcj

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
The International Criminal Court (ICC) is a permanent tribunal to prosecute individuals for genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes.

And cheers, I'll be sure to update it Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:11 am
@justcj,
justcj wrote:
The International Criminal Court (ICC) is a permanent tribunal
to prosecute individuals for genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes.
I do not recognize any such jurisdiction.
I reject its authority.

justcj wrote:
And cheers, I'll be sure to update it Smile
That 's wonderful !

David
justcj

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
'I do not recognize any such jurisdiction.
I reject its authority.'

The ICC has 122 state parties across the world, but if ever a state not within its jurisdiction comes under legal scrutiny, head of states from around the world can unanimously vote to 'refer' (force) the state under scrutiny into the ICC's jurisdiction, thus it's authority is omnipresent .
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 07:59 am
@justcj,
If so, then that court is a menace
and the US shud aggressively destroy it, for the sake of safety.

David
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 08:31 am
@justcj,
justcj wrote:

Not by the ICC.

Quote:
The tribunal was the first international body for the prosecution of war crimes since the Nuremberg and Tokyo trials held in the aftermath of World War II.

The ICTY was established by Resolution 827 of the UN Security Council in May 1993 and all UN members are obliged to co-operate fully with it.

It has jurisdiction over individuals responsible for war crimes committed in the territory of the former Yugoslavia since 1991.

The offences are defined as:
•Grave breaches of the 1949 Geneva Conventions
•Violations of the laws or customs of war
•Genocide
•Crimes against humanity

The tribunal may not try suspects in absentia, nor impose the death penalty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1418304.stm