Ryobi replacement driver bits

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:52 pm
I have a ryobi cordless power drill with screwdriver bits. The bits have a philips and a flat head on either end. One's bigger, one's smaller. The smaller one has gone missing. How do i replace it? Do all power drills have standard bits that can be exchanged? I checked the ryobi website and there is no section for bits alone.

Thanks for any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,033 • Replies: 7
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 07:01 pm
They're all pretty much standard. I've got drawers full of bits. Just go to any hardware store and pick up an assortment
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 07:22 pm
I would recommend buying something like in the accompanying photo. That way you're pretty well covered if any small household repair issues surface. The bits will basically come in two sizes. The best thing for you to do is take your remaining bit with you to the hardware store for comparison purposes. You can buy a basic package of attachments for next to nothing.

http://www.adriansslotcarworld.co.uk/Images/Tools/BitsTN.JPG
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 07:44 pm
what his holiness sez. Remember in all matters of faith in bits, hes infallible
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 02:19 am
I was going to say the same as gus said. Go to any hardware store littlek and you should have plenty to pick from. Most drills take all the same bits.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:26 am
I am impressed that Farmerman showed me the expected amount of respect. Because of that I am going to throw some holy water in his direction.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:43 am
ats not swamp water is it Pope Gus I ?
I am , by my past jesuit training , conditioned to show all my respect to any miter not produced by a table saw.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:53 am
haha

Thanks everyone. I figured they were pretty standard, but thought I'd check first.
0 Replies