Travel games for two people on long plane flights

hingehead

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 05:51 am
bugger, Francis I just looked closer at the puzzle and figured it out. I wonder how long I can string Mrs Hinge on for....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 09:02 pm
If she even thinks you've thought that - you're in deep doo-doo, boy!

When are you heading off?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 09:49 pm
32 hours? Hmm, where are you headed? there must be a layover somewhere, right?

The longer I fly (and I fly a lot), the less I seem to be able to do in air. I used to bring my computer an attempt to do work - gave that up pretty quick, doesn't work for me. I used to read a whole book, but for some reason that's not how i want to enjoy a book and it's never comfortable. So I mostly stare at the movies....but then again, i fly alone.

An old couple played card games next to me for hours upon hours, they were having a great time! They also did tarot cards. Old Arabic couple, they were bickering back and forth, but also laughing, teasing each other (I think...I don't speak Arabic). I enjoyed watching them.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:41 pm
Cairns to Italy, with a couple of hours in Hong Kong

Leave this saturday.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2013 11:34 pm
I just re-found this thread (seems so long ago) since that trip we've done two more long hauls (Italy again and then Portugal last year).

Mrs Hinge installed the Monopoly app on her iPad - that was fun - we even let koaly and trekky play (them being the little critters that come on all our trips).

margo

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 01:42 am
@hingehead,
Giving me some ideas for my next trip!

At least I can start from Sydney - so I don't have your in-built domestic delay.

What's next?
RobWelain

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 04:12 am
@hingehead,
I've downloaded GTA: Vice City for my iPhone and always have fun playing my favorite game back in the days now during my flights Smile
hingehead

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 06:05 am
@RobWelain,
I'm guessing that's not a two person thing, right?

PS Greece mainland next trip - in 2018 - we already have an itinerary mapped out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 09:08 pm
@hingehead,
Jealous of all your traveling, cause that used to be my hobby in my younger days. My most recent trips have been to Hawaii, Yosemite National Park, and Cuba. For some unknown reason, I've been thinking about NYC and D.C..
hingehead

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 07:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know you've travelled to far more places than I ever will CI - I'm the one who should be jealous.

What I like to think we do differently more than most is take it slow, do at least a month per country, do a week long hike or canal boat trip, hire a car, get off the beaten track occasionally, try and get a sense of the people and their experience of life.
hingehead

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 07:25 pm
@margo,
Quote:
At least I can start from Sydney - so I don't have your in-built domestic delay.

I can't believe I never saw this comment Margo. You don't have to feel sorry for us - Cairns is an international airport - we get a direct flight to Hong Kong. And we live less than 10 minutes drive from the airport.
margo

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 05:31 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Quote:

I can't believe I never saw this comment Margo. You don't have to feel sorry for us - Cairns is an international airport - we get a direct flight to Hong Kong. And we live less than 10 minutes drive from the airport.

Now I'm jealous. I only live about 15km from the airport but it can take just about forever!

I had a record exit from the airport last night. About 15 minutes out the door of the plane to out the door of the airport. No delays at immigration. Used Smargate. Even luggage came through quickly and I was expecting it to be slow, as it had been travelling(with me) from Norway.

Then almost an hour in a taxi though!
0 Replies

Dominick23

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 08:27 am
@hingehead,
Сards
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 10:56 am
@hingehead,
In my younger days, I did spent much more time at each destination, but that's when I was able to walk all day long. My wife and I are traveling to San Diego and Los Angeles in September, and spending four nights in each city. We hope that's enough time to spend leisurely time at the sites. The Westin close to Old Town in San Diego, and Miyako Hotel near Japanese Town in Los Angeles. I'm looking forward to visiting Warner Bros and Hollywood while there. When I worked for Florsheim Shoe Company as a Field Auditor, the Hollywood shop was one of my responsibility. Saw Jack Lemmon there once. Saw Bing Crosby at the San Mateo shop. As you may know, London was one of my favorite destinations in my younger days because of their world famous museums and theater district. While in the US Air Force stationed in Morocco in the late 1950's, I was able to visit Madrid, Paris, and London. The travel bug bit me on the rear, and have been traveling ever since. Most of my travels have been solo, because my wife hates to travel, but I had a travel buddy who is Canadian but lives in Mexico. Met him on one of my trips to Europe, and he and I have traveled all over the world. All 7 continents, northernmost and southernmost cities of the world, flew to Mt Everest, and dipped my feet in the Dead Sea. Even visited Esperanza Base in Antarctica. Visited South Georgia Island on the same trip, and was able to visit Ernest Shackleton's grave. If you haven't already, read his story about his ship, Endurance, and how he saved all his men when his shipped was crushed by the ice.
0 Replies