Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:41 am
Apparently, The Girl brought this home the other day when she did her weekly shopping, but i only discovered it this morning when she held up a plastic bag and said: "You could use some of this." Just now, i went out into the kitchen, and saw the bag sitting by the sink. I looked in it and saw . . .

. . . Cheese Whiz ! ! !

Help me out here folks, i don't know what to do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,514 • Replies: 13
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:53 am
This is the principal ingredient in the PHILLY CHEESE STEAK. A cingular classic of American Cuisine. You have to do sliced steak and fried onions till the steak and onions are done (onions must be just getting brown) Then a generous squeeze of the Cheez WHiz is added to that and the whole mess slopped into a large sliced fresh, crispy crust Sammich Roll. The toppings include

1Ketchup

2Ketchup and hot Peppers
or

3Hot Peppers without ketchup.

I must be off to help others in need.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:54 am
ahem

that is to sneak the dogs their medication

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:56 am
Throw it in the trash, and tell her never to buy it again! Is this a new girlfriend? I can see problems looming down the line...

Cheez Whiz is a thick processed cheese sauce or spread sold by Kraft Foods. The bright, yellow, viscous liquid usually comes in a glass jar, and is used as a topping for corn chips, hot dogs, cheesesteaks, celery, and other foods. It is marketed in the United States, Canada, Venezuela, and the Philippines.

Cheez Whiz is one of a number of "processed cheese foods", a category including similar products like Velveeta and some types of individually-wrapped cheese slices. These products contain regular cheese that has been reprocessed along with additional ingredients such as emulsifiers and stabilizing agents, such as xanthan gum or carrageenan. These products derive their tanginess and flavor from additional ingredients such as citric acid and flavoring compounds. Annatto is used for colouring.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:57 am
Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:58 am
contrex wrote:
tell her never to buy it again!

you clearly do not know who you're talking about Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:03 am
ehBeth wrote:
ahem

that is to sneak the dogs their medication

Rolling Eyes

They lap that shi . . . that suff up, too ! ! !
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:04 am
cant get enough of that caregeenan and xanthan gum.
Think Im gonna get me a cheezesteak for lunch.

In keeping with product purity laws, one must note that its spelled Cheeze Whiz.

It comes in industrial sized drums for the larger cheezesteak producers in SOuth STreet Philly.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:06 am
we get these pill pockets to give our dogs their meds (whenever they need meds). The pill pocket smells like a slimjim. Never ate one, so I cant give it a palatability rating to compare with the WHiz.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:10 am
Them nasty nachos in the movie theaters these days, that hadda be a real coup for Kraft marketing . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:10 am
hmmm, there might still be some kinda venison jerky in the house somewhere ... but I'd want that

cheese whiz and peanut butter work best for the boy dog - he can be a bit awkward about medication
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:11 am
No problems with the girl dog. She'd eat pea gravel if you put it in beef stock . . .
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:32 am
We never have Cheez Whiz in the house as Mr. Fix-it thinks it is an abomination so my kids were never exposed to it. What they were exposed to was french immersion. The first time they saw a jar of Cheez Whiz they thought it said "Chez Whiz" and that led to a number of bathroom jokes. That's what I think of whenever I see a certain inedible cheese product -- and it always cracks me up!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:35 am
Chez Whiz . . . now that's cute, and funny.
0 Replies