I'll be back in 8 days.

Bon voyage, Ican. Have a great time.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 10:49 am
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

I'll be back in 8 days.

You mean we'll have to look up our own dictionary definitions now? How will we ever manage?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 11:29 am
@ican711nm,
Oh my god, 8 days of no direction on constitutional issues! Say it ain't so, Itry. How will I survive? Will Foxy be taking over for you?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 11:35 am
@wandeljw,
I don't think health care costs affects the MACs on a2k; they seem happy with the current system, and complain about anything being done by the current administration.

Not only are the spike hikes on insurance premiums more prohibitive for most Americans, many are just dropping out because they can't afford the premiums. When they have a major illness in the family, they go broke.

That doesn't affect any of the conservatives, though; they all have health insurance, and they can continue to pay the higher premiums.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 11:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
I agree, C.I.

One significant problem right now is that with unemployment dragging on longer than usual, many are unable to keep up with COBRA payments.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 11:42 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
ObamaCare will make the cost rise well beyond TWICE the rate of inflation.

That's nothing. I have it on equally good authority that ObamaCare will also:

--Give you that "not so fresh" feeling
--Make sure that your dentist is that one out of five who doesn't believe in chewing sugar-free gum
--Fail to cover either the rockin' pneumonia or the boogie woogie blues
--Ring your door bell and run
--Steal your girlfriend
--Punch you in the back of the head when you're not expecting it
--Cause cats and dogs to sleep together, which, in turn, would lead to mass hysteria
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 11:50 am
@wandeljw,
Still, just two months ago. . .

Quote:
A new CNN poll finds that more than 80% of Americans are satisfied with the quality of their health care.

And even after all the media-hyped whining about capitalism, costs and an expectation that the government should make everything “free,” the poll still found 52% satisfied with the cost of health care.
http://www.dakotavoice.com/2009/03/poll-most-americans-satisfied-with-health-care-system/

Quote:
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
While the economy remains the most important issue to voters, the issues of health care and national security have dropped to their lowest level of importance in nearly two years of tracking.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 49% of voters see health care as a very important issue. That’s down from 61% in early May and 62% in April. This is the first time since August 2007 that the majority of voters do not see the issue as very important.

Seventeen percent (17%) of voters now say health care is not very or not at all important, the highest result found during that same time period.

Support for health care reform as a presidential priority also has dropped as more voters think President Obama should work harder on his promise to cut the federal deficit in half in the next four years.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/importance_of_issues2/importance_of_issues

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 12:02 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Still, just two months ago. . .

... ... ...

March 20, it says on the first link.

However, a New York Times/CBS News poll released on Saturday found that Americans overwhelmingly support substantial changes to the health care system and are strongly behind one of the most contentious proposals Congress is considering, a government-run insurance plan to compete with private insurers.

And related to your second link from June 2:

Quote:
Sixty-four percent said they thought the federal government should guarantee coverage, a figure that has stayed steady all decade. Nearly 6 in 10 said they would be willing to pay higher taxes to make sure that all were insured, with 4 in 10 willing to pay as much as $500 more a year.

And a plurality, 48 percent, said they supported a requirement that all Americans have health insurance so long as public subsidies were offered to those who could not afford it. Thirty-eight percent said they were opposed.
Source: NYT 21.06.09
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 12:02 pm
@joefromchicago,

joefromchicago, thank you for posting the possible side effects warning from the use of ObamaCare.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 12:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

However, a New York Times/CBS News poll released on Saturday found that Americans overwhelmingly support substantial changes to the health care system

They support all sorts of changes as long as ObamaCare is not one of them.
okie

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 12:51 pm
@H2O MAN,
As I read in an editorial yesterday, do not mistake activity for accomplishment. Changing something doesn't accomplish anything, if it is a worthless change. Remember Obama's emergency weekend, whereby the stimulus package must be completed, remember it was an emergency, so Obama could sign it. I remember Harry Reid saying, we must "do something," implying something is better than nothing, no matter what the something is. Same principle applies to health care, they will try to use the same scare tactic. Truth is, there is no national emergency, no crisis, its all made up.

We have survived over 200 years quite nicely without nationalized health care, thank you, and contrary to what Obama implies, we will all die anyway, with or without his health care system, including Obama, he will die as well, mabye sooner than he wishes if he keeps on smoking.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 12:59 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Truth is, there is no national emergency, no crisis, its all made up.

Bullshit. Spoken like someone who knows little and cares less about the real problems with American health care.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 01:00 pm
@okie,
okie, The scare tactic is real; almost 50 million Americans are without health insurance. It's nice that you conservatives have the jobs and money to pay for health care; you passionate conservatives make my stomach turn.

Those include about 9 million children. You guys are all heart and no brains.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 01:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

Bullshit. Spoken like someone who knows little and cares less about the real problems with American health care.

Cycloptichorn

It is not an emergency, a crisis. It has problems, that need fixing, but not a panic situation. Only the sky is falling crowd, the libs that love crisis every day, want it to be so.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 01:13 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

Cycloptichorn

It is not an emergency, a crisis. It has problems, that need fixing, but not a panic situation. Only the sky is falling crowd, the libs that love crisis every day, want it to be so.

Straw man. Nobody said legislation has to be passed tomorrow; ergo, it's not a panic situation. But it does need fixing and that's what we're going to do this year, with or without the Republicans.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 01:13 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Obama is a gangster and must be removed from office as soon as practical.

How do you intend to remove Obama from office? What is your plan?

ican711nm wrote:

I'll be back in 8 days.

Where are you going ican? Do we need to contact homeland security and let them know you're on your way?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 01:44 pm
@Debra Law,

Have a good time Ican, we'll keep an eye on the Teutonic Twat while you are away.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 01:47 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hey, squirt, why don't you get somebody to waterboard you! It might clear out your brain a bit.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 01:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,

I thought you pea brain exploded earlier today... must have been a huge zit instead.

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/images/products/NEW7/1WATER-BOARDING.gif
okie

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 02:14 pm
@H2O MAN,
Did you see the report where some Gitmo guys did not want to be transferred somewhere else, they would rather stay at Gitmo! I don't remember where Obama was going to send them, but they liked Gitmo better!