AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:40 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
You are introducing an entirely new subject here, probably as yet another distraction . We have been talking about the rescuing of failing companies, not LBOs undertaken by existing stockholders to get control of a company.

I've been talking about the same thing this entire time. I'm no longer quite sure what you're talking about. When you just stated that Bain doesn't engage in LBO's and doesn't pursue them as an investment strategy, you were completely wrong. When I provided evidence of this, you have not admitted that you were incorrect. Why is this?

How could you be engaging in this level of discussion, without knowing the most basic facts about how Bain operates? It boggles the mind.

Quote:
That certainly does include the restructuring of the firm's capital to reduce net costs, including the costs of interest and taxes. It is merely the governments misfortune...

Right, it's the government's fault that wealthy investors find creative ways to screw citizens out of tax revenues.

I think we've reached the point of the discussion where it's simply a waste of time to try to get you to admit anything at all. You won't admit the most basic features of how LBOs work, how companies end up saddled with the debt used to purchase them (and how this screws both taxpayers and the workers of the company), and how Bain regularly did and continues to this day to specialize in LBOs.

Think I'll call it a day and let independent readers of the thread decide who has provided the stronger argument here.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:58 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Unions today are parasites that produce nothing but move from host to host.

Isn't this stereotyping?

Did you see the unedited version of the attack on Steven Crowder?

georgeob1

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 09:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't know Steven Crowder, the circumstances behind the video. and don't have an opinion about it,but I did watch the video and listened to the juvenile commentary of the fat bearded guy.

Stereotyping is merely a common term in the prejudicial vocabulary of political correctitude.

My metaphor describing labor unions was accurate, and accurately describes their effects on our former steel, glass, machine tool and textile industries which, except for a few (non-union) companies, have all fled to Asia and Mexico.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
The bit of this video this guy added in no way proves his contention.

We can't see Crowder pushing the thuig down, but we can see the thug punching Crowder.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 02:53 pm
This is a video I thought many would not want to mess, If they find value in reality.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 06:21 pm
It will be interesting to hear the conservatives try to blame liberals for this:

http://www.politicususa.com/arkansas-oil-spill-video.html
0 Replies

Voice asMusic

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 05:52 am
@Foxfyre,
Hi foxfyre
Used to drink a lot of coffee with you until I got banned for reporting a mod.

You are one of the few good people left after it was invaded by the orange borg.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 06:15 am
@Voice asMusic,
Hmm. Foxfyre's last posts are seven years ago ... ...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2022 03:44 pm
@Voice asMusic,
Hello. I just happened to stumble across this forum from years ago and was able to even remember my password after all these years. (I sometimes don't remember what I had for breakfast.) But gee, I hope you found some way to make it back to the Coffee Shop in that other place. It's still going. Good people there. I see there are still some good people here that I used to squabble with and/or agree with. So a wave hello to all. Have a good summer.
roger

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2022 07:37 pm
@Foxfyre,
Gosh, it's good to see you again.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2022 08:12 pm
@roger,
Thanks Roger. I'm surprised anybody remembers me here. But I remember you. Smile

When I peeked in here I had a message from Voice asMusic which turns out to be years ago. We had met up on another site at one time and that caused me to revisit this old thread. I'm amazed it kept going as long as it did after I left but looks like it finally fizzled out five or more years ago.

mesquite

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 01:38 am
@Foxfyre,
Of course you are remembered here! Good to see you again after all these years. Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 02:35 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Hello. I just happened to stumble across this forum from years ago and was able to even remember my password after all these years. (I sometimes don't remember what I had for breakfast.) But gee, I hope you found some way to make it back to the Coffee Shop in that other place. It's still going. Good people there. I see there are still some good people here that I used to squabble with and/or agree with. So a wave hello to all. Have a good summer.

Hey, Foxfyre. We're still goin'. Have a good summer yourself.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 04:09 am
I agree that Foxfyre is remembered.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 06:19 am
@Foxfyre,
Nice to see you, Fox.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 11:40 am
Hello everybody and thanks. It's good to be remembered even if not all that fondly by some LOL Smile. There are lots of names I know here even after all these years. I'm pretty much the same me. Older and hopefully a bit wiser but still me. And this thread would still be pertinent for me 14 years later.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2022 12:47 pm
Quote:
AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

The only true American Conservatism today is a few people like Liz Cheney and the Right Wing of the Democratic Party.
0 Replies