evolution and humans superpowers: is it possible?

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:42 pm
I read a story about "the ice man" a man who can withstand fatally cold temperatures to normal people.

It got me thinking, when does evolution stop?

Whats the next evolutionary step for humans? our brains is probably what separates us from animals, obviously it will continues to develop.

Do you think in the future humans will gain "x-men" like powers?

I say that cuz an old friend, who i thought was crazy, worked at area 51, and he was obsessed with the x-men, he kept saying it was the next step.
and he would always allude to the x men in weird ways when conspiracy theories came up in conversation.

i thought he was crazy, but lately i see humans do amazing things, im wondering if it is scientifically possible or just me being stupid.

Or maybe the biggest conspiracy of all is that humans might be lab rats, and some people wish to experiment with genetics to create superhumans.

But yeah back to reality. whatsup with humans being able to gain or develop "super-powers"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 14,380 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:44 pm
Onion, if I told ya, I'd have ta kill ya. :wink:

Good to see ya back...

RH
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 06:09 pm
Onion. haha
rosborne979

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 10:00 pm
Re: evolution and humans superpowers: is it possible?
OGIONIK wrote:
But yeah back to reality. whatsup with humans being able to gain or develop "super-powers"?

No superpowers for us. Physics rules. Everywhere except Hollywood.

Our species has always been exceptional, but with brains not braun.

The next step in evolution is for biology to create cyberology. The process is already under way.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:49 pm
I dunno. Since I moved to southern California I get cold when it goes below 50.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 05:24 am
[my personal beliefs]
As we progress through our evolutionary and cultural line, I think we'll begin to embrace certain truths about the energies and souls that surround us. There are some who have greater knowledge and understanding of those energies and we think they are "magic." We idolize and fantasize about those people and extrapolate their talents to the extreme and make stories like Superman or X-Men, but they are just fantasies.

Once we all (as a society) start grasping the larger scientific and spiritual truths surrounding us, we'll be able to control and understand the energies around us and some things you see in movies will be possible, but until then we'll just watch it on the silver screen.

As far as being able to graft Adamantium on to the skeleton of an instantly self-healing mutant... we'll leave that to hollywood.

[/my personal beliefs]
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 05:32 am
curtis73 wrote:
Once we all (as a society) start grasping the larger scientific and spiritual truths surrounding us,

Like believing that the Christ walked on water?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 08:44 am
Re: evolution and humans superpowers: is it possible?
OGIONIK wrote:
I read a story about "the ice man" a man who can withstand fatally cold temperatures to normal people.

It got me thinking, when does evolution stop?

Whats the next evolutionary step for humans? our brains is probably what separates us from animals, obviously it will continues to develop.

Do you think in the future humans will gain "x-men" like powers?

I say that cuz an old friend, who i thought was crazy, worked at area 51, and he was obsessed with the x-men, he kept saying it was the next step.
and he would always allude to the x men in weird ways when conspiracy theories came up in conversation.

i thought he was crazy, but lately i see humans do amazing things, im wondering if it is scientifically possible or just me being stupid.

Or maybe the biggest conspiracy of all is that humans might be lab rats, and some people wish to experiment with genetics to create superhumans.

Any significant change by evolution takes tens of thousands of years.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:27 am
Francis wrote:
curtis73 wrote:
Once we all (as a society) start grasping the larger scientific and spiritual truths surrounding us,

Like believing that the Christ walked on water?

Christ must have had the walking-on-water superpower gene.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:52 am
Spiritualitity isn't just Christ.

I think our minds are capable of much much more than we have "discovered" to date. We may not be able to stop bullets with our teeth at any point in the future, but we are capable of mental and spiritual things that we have yet to develop to our full potential. I don't think things like levetating, seeing auras, serving as mediums, etc are limited to a few mystics. We probably all have the ability. It's just whether or not we listen or have forced it to be quiet over time and conditioning from society.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:59 am
What did you friend say about area 51?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:06 pm
nothing about the site or anythijng., he just constantly talked about humans with superpowers and advanced technology, basically.

hes probably just a conspiracy nut. IMO its like he knew the government was engaging in genetically altering humans. but thats just a guess.

but i dont put much stock in it, im more concerned with actual genetic alterations possibly giving humans supernatural powers.

if eels can generate electricity, so can humans. its only a matter of writing the right code.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:55 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
if eels can generate electricity, so can humans. its only a matter of writing the right code.

Electricity is not supernatural.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:10 pm
k.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:59 pm
i passed by the area 51 parking lot today. wierd, its in the middle of a las vegas suburban freeway.
squinney

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 06:56 am
Make Your Own Super Hero

Have fun!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:45 pm
he said something about burning chemicals, thats all i remember.
0 Replies

TRUST GOD

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 07:02 pm
@OGIONIK,
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EVOLUTIN GOD CREATED HUMAN WE DID NOT EVOLVE FROM ANIMALS AND ALL THAT BULLSH*T AND U ARE A DUMBA$$ IF U BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION THERE IS NO PROOF AND PLUS AS A CHRISTIAN I KNOW THAT GOD CREATED THE WORLD AND HUMAN AND WE DID NOT EVOLVE SO HAVE FUN IN HELL IF U BELIEVE IN THAT EVOLUTION BULLSH*T
NickFun

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:31 pm
@TRUST GOD,
I think it's now time for your medication.
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 07:11 am
@TRUST GOD,
Please define the term "God"
Please define the word "Hell"
Please define the process "evolution"
0 Replies