Ecowater 3500 system - owners please comment !!

shajan80

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 09:49 am
@jpatterson007,
Hi, Jpatt, did you buy the whole r/o + the err unit for $ 300o or just the R/O (rev ossmo)for $ 3k, which fits under your sink.
0 Replies

same3u

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 09:56 pm
@jpatterson007,
Can u please share cotact info of your sales person. I am also in dallas are and person wo came to my house gave me a quote which $2000 more than what you paid. I like to get that installed in my house.

thx
0 Replies

ivar

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 09:07 am
@jpatterson007,
Hi,

Can you tell me the name of the sales person?
0 Replies

Sherrypa01

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 06:16 am
@Andy CWS,
I love my ECOWATER system. I have not had to scrub the soap scum off of my shower for a year, because there has not been any! I have not bought any laundry soap, body soap, shampoo or cleaning supplies because they gave them to me free for getting the system. We also had the filtered water system put in, so I have not bought water in over a year. I love my system! I would recommend it!
0 Replies

JessieM2010

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 10:33 am
@jpatterson007,
I sell and own one of these... But I have the H3500 for my whole home. It cost more, but works wonders. As far as wear and tear, you have nothing to worry about, the way the systems set up keeps it in check. I'm not too sure on the ERR on the computer part, but the H3500 has a computer connected to it that will tell you all the levels to make sure things are going right, it tells you when its time to add salt to allow the self cleaning of the filter, and even how much gunk it has removed from your water.
With the H3500 you also get the under sink filter, a back up system for just in case something does happen and you need the whole home one fixed. In that package you get them both under the same price... but if you really don't care to have it just say no, I didn't add it to mine... as long as the main one does its job then I have no worries.
The warranty covers every little thing, and w/ the computer set up they can fix any electrical program problems from there office. As long as any wear and tear is from just daily use, they fix it for free, and even replace anything on it if need be. The only way the warranty won't cover it is if you purposely do something to it to break it down.
0 Replies

waterboy

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 10:36 am
@jpatterson007,
I have had an EcoWater unit in my home for 15 years. It works great. The technicians are great to work with and often repair my unit for no charge when delivering salt. I would recommend it to everyone. Great product. Great warranties. Made in the USA...... How many other companies can say that????
0 Replies

ct water

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 02:50 pm
I installed the Ecowater 3000r20+ in July 1996. It is today sold as ERR3500R20. You can not loose the resin or coconut carbon because there is a honey comb top distributor. It still removes the hardness and the chlorine. Only replaced the venturi gasket and disc kit four years ago. I also have a reverse osmosis unit that is at the kitchen sink and ties into my refrigerator. Steve G
0 Replies

JBiggs

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 02:30 pm
@michael1111,
It is not the equipment that is a problem in Fresno, it is the local dealer. The local dealership is being managed by the managing partner named Elaine Bernard Steitz. Do yourself a favor and Google her. Yes she is the same Elaine Bernard Steitz that is a convicted FELON for embezzlement from a FOSTER CARE AGENCY. Just say NO to people who steal from CHILDREN.
0 Replies

macftworth

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 01:38 am
@jpatterson007,
any update on your satisfaction with the system? i am contemplating buying it as well as the ERO-175 RO system. thanks.
0 Replies

tpaine1776

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 12:57 pm
We bought an Ecowater system 16 years ago and only recently have we found the resin has degenerated to the point where it needs to be replaced soon. Resin replacement is about $400 here outside Chicago. With minor repairs, the unit is mechanically sound but we have found normal wear and tear repairs are increasing. We've looked at a number of very pricey units and units that are "homemade" by independent dealers. However, the new ERR 3500 unit is only $2,050 installed here outside Chicago. I've seen some people being charged in excess of $3000 which is nuts! Even in the wealthy areas of Chicago the unit sells for around $2500. I am familiar with coconut carbon filters as I sell emergency and preparedness equipment and some of our water filtration systems contain the same material. It's durable and does not break down in our long term filters, of course these don't backwash either. In our filters, the coconut carbon sits directly in contact with the other filter media and I've never seen any breakdown and migration of the media. As I said however, these units don't work continuously for over a decade either. Ecowater used to be called Lindsay Water. I remember their trucks with the umbrella logo and the rain INSIDE the umbrella when I was a kid. So they've been around a while. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the ERR3500 from Ecowater although they have a similar unit, without the coconut filter, called the ESD518 for around$1200. I like the removal of the chlorine in the ERR3500 and the ERR3500 is the only one of their units that is certified to remove Barium and Radium, which is a big deal here in the Midwest. I'm tired of glowing in the dark although it saves on night lights.
0 Replies

Whallgirl

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 11:35 am
@jpatterson007,
Hi, I read your post from 2008 . I am having an Eco Water err3500 system installed today. I was wondering how your unit is running. any complaints??

0 Replies

RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 04:14 pm
@jpatterson007,
I own the 3500 that you talked about and had it for a year now. LOVE IT and I had a rain soft installed but had them REMOVE IT after 3 weeks it was JUNK and they were always here trying to adjust it and could not. EcoWater has a great customer service base and I have called them a few times about a question I had and they came out and talked to me face to face about the unit and showed me how to adjust it if I wanted softer water. Like I said we LOVE IT, hope this answers any questions you had and we havent had ONE PROBLEM with it.
0 Replies

inspiral

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 08:55 am
@jpatterson007,
EcoWater is the best in the industry, with the best warranty in the industry that guarantees the resin bed for the life of the original ownership. At the price of $3095, that is a great deal for that system and I would recommend also grabbing the RO 375 for the kitchen as well for ultra purified RO water for your drinking specifically. Good Luck.
Danny Meehan

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 02:27 pm
@Andy CWS,
DO NOT purchase an Eco water system. These guys are crooks. They overcharge for service calls and you have to have them change your Reverse Osmosis System filters. You can not purchase them from anyone except an Eco water dealer at highly inflated prices. I wish I had puchased a good system from Sears & Roebuck and had it installed by a good plumber. At least you can change the RO filters yourself (not that difficult to do) and get them for a decent price at any Sears store. As far as a water soften, tehy are all about the same and last a long time. All you have to do is keep salt in them. If you want a real good system that doesn't use salt, go with a Kinectico.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:06 am
@Danny Meehan,
Most of the systems sold by Sears, LOWE'S and others are made for them by ECOwater.
Proprietary repair parts are expensive, but that should have been clear before you purchased your system.

A really good softener is one with a metered digital Fleck control valve purchased from an independent dealer.
rockett1117

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:01 am
@Danny Meehan,
Being in the water treatment industry, I can tell you that there is no economical way to have true soft water other than a salt based system. There are whole home reverse osmosis systems, but you're looking at 4 times the price of a ion exchange water softener along with a great deal more water needed to run the system. Another point is that the current Sears softeners, among the cheapest in the industry, use softening resins manufactured in China. This means the resins will not last, especially in areas where there is heavy chlorination ( brutal on the resin) and hardness above 6 GPG. Large American companies like Ecowater and Kinetico are the best way in my opinion to obtain long lasting quality products that will do the job right the first time. Think about it, have you ever bought too much quality? I hope this helps!!
0 Replies

funcall

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 02:30 pm
@jpatterson007,
How is the system working now, I live in DFW area can you give me the name of sales person Thanks
0 Replies

masterk5

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 04:13 pm
@jpatterson007,
How is your system working out for you currently? I am trying to decide with the ecowater system versus kinetico.
rockett1117

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 01:53 am
@H2O MAN,
While it is true that Ecowater manufactures equipment for other brands, these systems are made to the quality specs and price point requested. In other words, Ecowater simply builds these units to suit.
You will NEVER see one of these units bearing the ECOWATER name.
A really good softener comes from an original equipment manufacturer with OEM warranties that don't depend on your local dealer staying in business.
In fact, Ecowater is the only OEM I'm aware of that offers bonded and insured warranties to further protect every owner.
American built quality DOES make a difference, you get what you pay for, (IMHO).
0 Replies

rockett1117

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 02:15 am
@masterk5,
Kinetico is over priced and under warrantied, (IMHO).
Carbon replacement for Kinetico premium refiners is recommended every 2 years at a cost of around $350.
Ecowater premium refiners (3500 & 3502) carry a lifetime warranty on the carbon. No replacement needed. I've had mine (ERR3000) for nearly 10 years and still fully removes the chlorine. My media tank carries a lifetime warranty also unlike the Kinetico tank warranty of 10 years.
Bottom line: get the Ecowater unit and enjoy quality water for many years to come!!
0 Replies