"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

spendius

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 05:17 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Constant application of Johnson's wax polish.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 05:25 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

I would love to go to Sydney. I may not be able to get a trip together, though.

just do it eh

you want to see the place where your son will fall in love and settle

Smile
mismi

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 06:47 am
@ehBeth,
NO NO NO BETH! As lovely as Australia is - it's too far away from family and stuff! You shouldn't speak that out loud. It might happen! Wink

Of course if Wandel's son meets and falls in love and settles it would all work out. I just know how hard it is on my Aunt - her son met and fell in love and now resides in CHINA. Sad I miss my TomTom.

Quote:
How the heck do you smooth a palm tree? That's the next venture, before I can settle................................

ummmm - why?

Heading to Destin with my bestie tomorrow. We leave The Prof. here to care for Gus and Pistol. They will miss me but will be fine. The boys are thrilled. We have shark issues in the Gulf lately but it is actually closer to Gulf Shores. I don't expect to have any problems down in Florida.

Have a good week sweet friends.

Hugs y'all
mis
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 04:01 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
Constant application of Johnson's wax polish.
Smile

Ah, we aren't that far away, what's a few, few, miles...........the beauty is, you can go home again "if you want to"...

I found someone to "smooth" the palm trees. It's a risk for children. They can climb them, jump over the pool fence. Just settle this house already......

It's so windy down under, so colddddddd.

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 08:51 am
My son Nathan has been using his Facebook page to show us photos he took in Sydney.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10502204_10101427459027789_662563850693517647_n.jpg
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:33 am
Nathan's been to the Zoo, then?!
wandeljw

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 04:55 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

Nathan's been to the Zoo, then?!

Yes, Margo. He posted about twenty photos from the Sydney Zoo.
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 05:37 pm
Has anyone heard anything from Izzie?
margo

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 06:27 pm
nope! Bit worried - tried to call without success Sad
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 12:26 pm
@Stormwatch,
I got an e-mail from her on July 10th - she didn't tell me about herself - in her typically Izzie fashion - always looking out for others. E-mailed back and haven't heard. Sad

Hopefully will soon.

Stormwatch

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 01:42 pm
@mismi,
Thank you margo and mismi. It's been a while since she has posted so I started to wonder and got a little concerned. I'm sure all is fine and she'll be back soon. Keep us posted if you hear anything.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 12:56 am
mismi

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 08:59 am
@Rockhead,
Nice RH.

Hoping we hear from her soon as well.

Hugs to all my fellow yabberers.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 11:33 am
My son Nathan posing with a koala. His wife Lisa will join him in Sydney soon. Lisa had to complete some commitments here in Chicago. She works as a wedding planner.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10273414_10101435898699619_6426654049443684584_n.jpg
vonny

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:47 pm
@wandeljw,
Lovely photograph - y0u have a handsome son.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:50 pm
@wandeljw,
Aweee a little "boy" Koala Wink What?

Now there is something you can only get in Australia, getting up close to a Koala.. They are quite adorable, I still have an old photo of me holding one when I was IDK 20 I think...

You're son looks like he's having a great time, really lovely photo.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:58 pm
Out to Featherdale, I see.

I used to take overseas visitor there when I lived out that way! It's just the best place for exposure to Australian animals. I was head-butted (well, his head but my knee) by a baby dingo (on a keeper's leash) out there. I wasn't looking where I was going - but he put me straight - get out of the way!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 11:59 am
My son Nathan posted some photos he took at a rugby match in Sydney.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1560713_10101441681401039_415853649548215448_n.jpg?oh=772ea0d3c359cb29b6882053db733072&oe=54575F54&__gda__=1413550216_b6a69d83c81ab8e87bf99a96effbc888
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 12:08 pm
@mismi,
Any news from Izzie yet? can someone drop me a note in FB ..just incase I dont get in here? come to think of it - i do think we shud have a chat group in FB..dnt kill me for trying to kill the forum - just as an option..
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 08:50 am
G’day crew, I am so delighted to visit with y’all and to share my joy at finding a half eaten Di Fara Classic Pie: mozzarella, parmesan, plum tomato sauce, basil, sausage, peppers, mushroom, onion, and of course, a drizzle of olive oil by Dom; man, am I gonna eat well tonight!

Ima sorry that I haven’t been about recently, but having stumbled upon a new PS4 (the fastest games machine in the world) that had been left carelessly lying on the floor of a 2nd floor apartment with the window open… I have been somewhat occupied, iffin y’all know what I mean ;o)

So, having saved the world in The Last of Us and whilst waiting for DriveClub to hit the stores, my thoughts turned to… Perils of the flesh! No, not the one where a Melbourne fashion designer lashed out at opportunistic designers for exploiting ''naive'' young women to make a name for themselves on the Brownlow red carpet or the 1974 movie Flesh Gordon. I was thinking of how y’all are a doing?

Checkin my notes I was a wondering if Mz Izzie ever did try to train her dawg to ride a bike?

On second thoughts, it may read, Try you pain, take a hike!
Well wishes from down in the boondocks sweetie.

My dear Missy, I can assure you I have not thought of you, your hot slinky body or your ankle bracelet for what seems like forever…
But in reality, it has been four minutes 69 seconds.
Practice what you preach and attack the stuff in the garage; Blessings x

Take it easy Kel, you are doing way too much and should slow down and smell the coffee. Thank you for all you did for our Danny. I do know which witch is which. Hugs to you and Anna.

Hiya Tulip, how did the Eminem concert go? Did he sing ‘Berzerk’ and did you shudder under 'Berzerk's' cacophonous assault or wear its raps like an emblem?
Jusk askin’. http://youtu.be/ab9176Srb5Y

Hi JW, how is y’all gittin along in retirement an all?
Thank you for the update on your son in OZ, but what all the good old boyz down on the bayou want to know is… how is Katrina doing, is she still single and does she have the hots for me?

Greetings Beth, your zest for life always makes me smile, I just wish I had your perspicacity.

Verby, are you still coming to OZ? The way you are working 25hours a day, you will fit right in! May Vishnu light your path.

Whilst I have the dais, may I correct a common misconception…

The word silicon comes from the Latin silex, which means pebble, stone, or flint
It is the second most abundant element in the world and its Atomic structure makes it an extremely important semiconductor…
Silica is the main ingredient of glass
Symbol Si and atomic number 14

We are now making devices that are 10 nanometres in size and we don't see an end to it yet.

To give you a sense of scale, a human red blood cell is about 4,000 nanometres across.

But operating at this nano scale does produce weird and fascinating new challenges. One is a phenomenon called "quantum tunnelling". That happens when the circuits are so small that you can't say with any certainty where an electron is; you can only attach a probability to where it might be and we enter the realms of "To be, or not to be..." witch as y’all know is the opening phrase of a soliloquy in the Nunnery Scene.

To be, or not to be, that is the question—
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep—
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes Calamity of so long life:
For who would bear the Whips and Scorns of time,
The Oppressor's wrong, the proud man's Contumely,
The pangs of despised Love, the Law’s delay,
The insolence of Office, and the Spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his Quietus make
With a bare Bodkin? Who would these Fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered Country, from whose bourn
No Traveler returns, Puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have,
Than fly to others that we know not of.
Thus Conscience does make Cowards of us all,
And thus the Native hue of Resolution
Is sicklied o'er, with the pale cast of Thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment,
With this regard their Currents turn awry,
And lose the name of Action. Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia. Nymph, in all thy Orisons
Be thou all my sins remembered.

Thank you William Shakespeare and only a discombobulating dolt would not notice this and cling with pathetic desperation to the last vestiges of past glory, so I say again; Anne Hathaway was his wife and had nothing to do with two of the wives of HENRY 8TH (Both named Anne).

Another misconception I would like to correct is: THE SIMPSON’S

In the opening credits, the cash register shows $847.63* when Maggie is "scanned" (figure was taken from a survey (found by Matt Groening) done at the time that said that this was the average monthly cost of caring for a newborn baby - food, clothes, health, etc.). But during "The Simpsons" (1989) anniversary show (hosted by Troy McClure) the credit sequence is paused and the machine is shown to read "NRA 4EVER".

*However, as we all know 84763 is the Zip code for Rockville, UT 84763, USA
Which is south of Springdale and only separated by the Virgin River!

If UR a NRA member you will be charged for this insight.

Thank you and may your gods bless you with health and happiness.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.17 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:43:14