Foot Fusion - (Bunion/Rheumatoid/Lupus) - Plz someone know!

Izzie

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 01:16 pm
K- that red and white thinking cap serves thee well - thanku - blood is rushing down and feet are tingling. My wee chicken legs are struggling with the weight of the bandages and cast, so have tried propping pillows under my shins which helps.

Elbows and neck are a problem as I either have to lay completely flat or, as I have just done -pulled a chair over and placed laptop on it whilst my head is hanging over the edge of the bed Shocked

This has great potential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

My numb bum thanks you Smile

Now...... where is that masseur? Razz
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 04:28 pm
Izzie--

Doesn't your wheelchair have leg braces that lift up?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 04:36 pm
Hi Noddy - it does - well it has one (have got the wheelchair from the Red Cross but they could only find one brace!) - but sitting still hurts my coccyx Shocked Am just moving from side to side right now - can't seem to stay in any one position for more than 15 mins. Sad

I tell ya - it's a pain in a$$. Rolling Eyes (as she rolls over again!)

Sorry - really trying to stay focused here Smile

Need one of those poof cushion things to sit on - when my little fella was learning to swim he had a tiny little rubber-ring vest - need to hunt that one down and sit on that.

WHO'D A THOUGHT IT A?

Bum's worse than the feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 04:55 pm
[/QUOTE]Bum's worse than the feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

All wisdom is hard won.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 12:39 pm
HOW HAPPY AM I?

LOOK! Shocked

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9661/p1010190fn3.jpg

Giving it a go! Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 12:45 pm
Gosh... be careful!!

(Lovely glimpse of moors behind you...)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 12:54 pm
Izzie--

Better than Father Christmas or St. Valentine.

You deserve your artfully cushioned bliss.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 02:14 pm
Hi Izzie,
Just thinking about you and wondering if you are doing better today.
Remember you have lots of friends and just looking at the picture get well cards and beautliful flowers. We are all here for you. Hugs!!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 07:28 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Izzie--

You deserve your artfully cushioned bliss.

OH MY WORD............................. Shocked

MY BUM'S NOT NUMB! Very Happy

HAPPY DAYS!

Doing better today - left foot behaving, right foot complaining a little but not too much. But Oh my - so good to sit in a chair and not have to fidget around every 2 mins. Blissful bum!

Am very lucky - I wake up and look out to my lovely paddock - I have a room with a view - so I can't complain. The moors are behind me - and the fields are in front of me. Blessed.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 11:27 am
Martyrdom is easier when you're sitting comfortably.

Enjoy.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 07:04 pm
Izzie

How are you today? I hope you are able to sit comfortably and no burning or tingling in the feet. Take care hun.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:12 pm
Izzie,

Hope you are doing OK. We haven't heard from you today.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 08:00 pm
Hey Jodie

I'm sorry. I am doing fine - my bum is not numb and the toots are bearable. Today we removed the bandages (s'ok - MaMaIzzie was a nurse and we had the docs approval) - on my left foot. It has been very "tight" and was quite uncomfortable - I put my whole foot in the bath - OMWord - it was lovely. It's a lot more comfortable now and as long as the feet are up most of the time - it's all OK.

I do have pics of what the left foot looks like - all part of my log really in case anyone else has to go through this - which is what started this thread. I haven't posted in case it made anyone feel a bit "ugh". However, if anyone does have an interest in the surgery - then just let me know. Doesn't look bad at all really - but, don't want to post squeamishy things for folk who wouldn't like. Shocked Re-bandaged now and feeling "looser"!

So - on the physical side - all is fairly coco. Very Happy

Mentally Shocked - have got a few nasty loose threads in my head pulling away. Need to deal whilst I heal this time. Just not sure how to right now. Not for this thread tho - may have to activate the other one. So have been busy occupying myself by distraction tonite and I will see how I feel in the morning.

Thanku all. Goodnite. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:07 pm
Izzie--

Another day accomplished. Good for you.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:00 pm
Izzie,
Happy to hear you seem to be doing much better. Maybe with the bandage being so tight caused pressure so since you have a different bandage and it is more loose it will be a lot less painful.
Seems like everyone has something their going through whether it's emotional or physical pain. I have a lot of stressful things that I am going through. Just have to take one day at a time.
I had bunion surgery on my left foot will have the right one done in November of 08. My Podiatrist didn't want to do both feet a one time. I am also bothered with heel spurs which can be very painful at times.
I would like to see the pics of your feet if they are not squmish. I still have swelling from the bunion surgery. Oh well! It will be much better later. Take care!
Izzie

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 02:36 pm
@jodie34,
(strange being back over here)

9days post op

Repeat surgery to fuse 1st MTP and shorten - on right foot " Feb 2009

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000126.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000128.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000127.jpg

Removal of Rheumatoid nodule from underside of left foot " Feb 2009

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000120.jpg

Reaches out.... hugs and kisses Noddy " thanks for watching over me. x

Jodie " haven’t seen you in a long while. Hope you are doing well and have recovered fully from your surgery. I’m over here these days -----------> http://able2know.org/topic/111721-607#post-3577301

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 03:25 pm
Holy cow Izzie. How much more of this do you have to do? Doesn't look pleasant at all? Are you taking care of yourself?
Izzie

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 04:05 pm
@Foxfyre,
Oh - hey - you're over here - yes, I'm really doing good thanku - only had a couple dodgy days - since then, plain sailing physically. As for how much more - well, who knows? The last surgery was meant to be the final one - but this was the 4th on both feet - definitely the easiest by far - been a piece cake compared to the one last Feb. The right foot is now pretty much static - all pinned, wired, fused and flat. The left - well, probably there will be work to do on that dependent on how fast the RA goes - a few months ago I didn't have a severe problem with the left - but the xrays showed a massive change with a nodule on a toe operated on last year. Hey ho!

Rheumatoid is nasty (so is Lupus) - hands and feet are both rubbish - but - I'm doing good in my head (today, anyway) and that makes things a lot easier all round.

Physio comes on Monday - so, full steam ahead (she says laying on the couch! ha!)
Sglass

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 09:15 pm
@Izzie,
Ah Iz so sorry you have to go through this, but on the other hand if you didn't have this to go through you'd not be better down the line. My prayers are with you.

love ya sglass
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 08:19 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie, Sorry you had to have another surgery. I am doing great since my bunion surgery but I am just now able to wear most of my shoes. It really a long drawn out recovery. I hope you are doing better each day. The photos look painful so i really hope it is not as bad as it looks. I hope you heal fast. Much love to you.
0 Replies