Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:30 pm
Ok, here is my issue. I recently purchased an Avantapure system for my home. We love the water, etc., etc. They gave us an "Assurance Guarantee" that if we can find better validated equipment of a different brand for less money with as strong as a guarantee, we would get refunded and keep the system for free. So, up for a challenge, I am trying to research other water conditioners, which is easier said than done. The system that seems comparable is the EC4 75CV system from Rainsoft. They seem comparable, doing the same thing. The difference is that Rainsoft is $2000 cheaper. I am by no means an expert when it comes to this, so I am looking to anyone that can give me something that show that the Rainsoft system is better than the Avantapure. Both have limited lifetime warranties, microprocessors for real time usage, both have "patented" ionic resins and the list could go on with comparisons. What I need is something that makes the Rainsoft product better than the Avantapure. I know when I call the manager to try and get this deal, he will be far more knowledgable than I and will leave me stuttering in response and I want to be smart about this with my i's dotted and my t's crossed. Can anyone help me with comparing these two products?? Please!! Thank you for any information you can provide. If Rainsoft is not better, than I guess I am SOL... Crying or Very sad Thanks again!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 55,830 • Replies: 39
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:55 pm
I don't know anything about Avantapure, but it would have to be pretty awful for any RainSoft system to be better.
0 Replies

hobbs

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 12:46 am
Me thinks you already got the DEAL! :wink:
0 Replies

susanr27

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 08:43 am
What about Culligan or EcoWater? I have briefly looked into them as well, but have yet to price them...Are they comparable at all?
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 08:46 am
Avantapure compares to Ecowater but.. it and the Rainsoft and Ecowater are overpriced and nowhere near worth the money.

Sorry to say you've been had, you are not going to "find better validated equipment of a different brand for less money with as strong as a guarantee." People that talk like that are crooks. No residential softener is worth more than $1500-2000 including installation. You could have bought a softener with a Clack WS-1 control valve online for <$700 delivered. It would have an industry standard control valve you could get parts for from many dealers. The Rainsoft, Avantapure and Ecowater are proprietary and only the local dealer can service it and get parts for them.
0 Replies

susanr27

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 09:03 am
Ok, say I can get the Ecowater at a lower price.....does it have something that is better? I only need one feature that is better on it than Avantpure. Rainsoft originally quoted the same price until I told them I had already been quoted that price and was looking for something better. Of course they dropped it, which I understand is a tactic, but if there is any system out there that offers a "limited lifetime warranty" that may be comparable in everything, but has one feature better than the one I have, then that is all I need....
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 10:15 am
susanr27 wrote:
Ok, say I can get the Ecowater at a lower price.....does it have something that is better?

YES! EcoWater makes most of the components that make up the complete system.
Quality control is much higher with EcoWater than with any other system available.

What is your water source? Chlorinated municipal?, private well? other?
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 10:31 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
The Rainsoft, Avantapure and Ecowater are proprietary and only the local dealer can service it and get parts for them.

Mr. Slusser is mistaken here.
Rainsoft and Ecowater make their own equipment. Avantapure does not. They take a "generic" valve and put their stickers on it. A little research would have determined that.

http://www.goodwaterwarehouse.com/cat/PDF/AvantapureSoftenerManual.pdf

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 11:35 am
Andy CWS wrote:
Gary Slusser wrote:
The Rainsoft, Avantapure and Ecowater are proprietary and only the local dealer can service it and get parts for them.

Rainsoft and Ecowater make their own equipment. Avantapure does not. They take a "generic" valve and put their stickers on it. A little research would have determined that.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Andy, RainSoft has components made for them by 3rd parties with their brand name added.

RainSoft makes nothing, they assemble private labeled components and tell people they made it.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 01:11 pm
Andy CWS wrote:
Gary Slusser wrote:

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

The Avantapure (name and control valve used) replaced the Autotrol Technetic and the Technetic 1000 and programs (and one of a kind control valve including timer), and the Autotrol 169/463i valve, the first Avantapure valve and now uses the 269 or Performa with a limited valve and timer production and distribution network. All were/are proprietary equipment and there are only 12 distributors in the lower 48 states. It used to be 8.

As a dealer you must be 'approved' and buy a minimum number of preassembled softeners (12 at a time) or parts. The control valve is limited production and distribution is limited. The distributor tube is double walled and was patented, it may not be any longer.

A regular Autotrol dealer can not order the control valve or parts for it or sell the whole softener or filter with out being in the program and under contract to the specific (territorial) approved distributor/supplier.

I at one time was involved as a dealer in the program. I was one of only five dealers approved by Autotrol to build the unit myself, including then patented distributor tube. I did not have to buy a limited number of valves, DT material or distributor baskets or parts then.

That means it can not be used without the special distributor tube, so you can't replace an industry standard Autotrol, Clack, Erie or Fleck valve with the Avantapure control valve And its distributor tube will not fit any other make or model of control valve.

The Avantapure is the only Autotrol/GE control valve with propotional brining.

I just called the people at the link you posted to see if anything has changed since I was in the program, and Todd says I'm right. 1-714-441-2893

Rainsoft uses a proprietary Fleck Proflo and 5600 with very proprietary timers. Only certain stock Fleck parts can be used on the valves.

Next time you disagree with me, 'you' may want to do more research first.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 01:18 pm
RainSoft also uses Autotrol valves ~
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 02:04 pm
Show me.

I can't find any on their web site.

http://www.rainsoft.com/products/products.html

Gary Slusser
The internet water softener and well pump goto guy since Jan 1997.
0 Replies

susanr27

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 02:33 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
susanr27 wrote:
Ok, say I can get the Ecowater at a lower price.....does it have something that is better?

Quality control is much higher with EcoWater than with any other system available.

I have city water....

So what is the bottom line here?? Is Ecowater better and how do I prove it? What terminology do I use? I am not a water expert, but I am learning a lot here! I need to be able to call up Avantapure and say "Such and such a system is proven better than yours with a limited lifetime warranty and this is why..." Exclamation
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 02:46 pm
susanr27 wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
susanr27 wrote:

I have city water....

So what is the bottom line here?? Is Ecowater better and how do I prove it? What terminology do I use? I am not a water expert, but I am learning a lot here! I need to be able to call up Avantapure and say "Such and such a system is proven better than yours with a limited lifetime warranty and this is why..." Exclamation

There's a ECOwater available with remote control... how about the Avantapure?
0 Replies

susanr27

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:09 pm
justalurker wrote:
susanr27 wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
susanr27 wrote:

I have city water....

There's a ECOwater available with remote control... how about the Avantapure?

That may work if everything on the remote controlled system is equal or better than theirs. Avantapure does not have that. Thanks.... Anyone have anything else to add??
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:11 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
Show me.

I can't find any on their web site.

http://www.rainsoft.com/products/products.html

Gary Slusser
The internet water softener and well pump goto guy since Jan 1997.

Gary Slusser wrote:

Next time you disagree with me, 'you' may want to do more research first.

You may want to do more research.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:15 pm
susanr27 wrote:

That may work if everything on the remote controlled system is equal or better than theirs. Avantapure does not have that. Thanks.... Anyone have anything else to add??

Check out the ERR 3500 - it is designed specifically for chlorinated city water.
Compare it with the system you are looking at and go from there.

HTH Cool
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 08:43 pm
susanr27 wrote:
I need to be able to call up Avantapure and say "Such and such a system is proven better than yours with a limited lifetime warranty and this is why..." Exclamation

Even if you think you found it, you have no way of proving it.

That is not going to happen, they knew it when they told you that. They are crooks.

When it sounds too good to be true... it usually is and your feet should take you in the opposite direction, quickly.

My advice. Chalk it up to tuition in the school of hard knocks and move on. And tell everyone everywhere your experience so you can help someone else avoid the rip off.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 05:11 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:

I at one time was involved as a dealer in the program. I was one of only five dealers approved by Autotrol to build the unit myself, including then patented distributor tube.

Gary Slusser wrote:

When it sounds too good to be true... it usually is and your feet should take you in the opposite direction, quickly.

My advice. Chalk it up to tuition in the school of hard knocks and move on. And tell everyone everywhere your experience so you can help someone else avoid the rip off.

I'm seeing a trend here.
0 Replies

susanr27

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 09:32 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
susanr27 wrote:

Check out the ERR 3500 - it is designed specifically for chlorinated city water.
Compare it with the system you are looking at and go from there.

HTH Cool

Do you happen to know about their warranty and whether it is a limited lifetime or is it a certain about of years?
0 Replies