FraCtuReD FLicKs III - SPAM-O-RAMA May 2004

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 03:41 pm
"Spambusters"

Three experts in the realm of supernatural food are slimed by a huge hunk of Spam. They appear beaten when a giant can of Spam opens releasing all the distasteful potted meat products in the universe. However, they prevail by zapping them with a barbecue coal starter and depositing them into a paper lunch bag.

Ebert: A comic epic involving very slippery food.

Roeper: On the intellectual level of my patio furniture.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 04:59 pm
The Maltese Spam. Private eye Spam Sade, goes to Malta on an assignment from the processed foods manufactureer Kaft-Ebbing, in search of a lost recipe for a food supposed to be both an aphrodisiac and a diuretic. He meets The Fat Man who tells him this recipe was a closely-guarded secret of the Order of the Knights Gourmands. In the end, though, Sade comes to the conclusion that the food is merely Spam, the stuff that dreams are made of.

Ebert: "I wasn't sure whether they meant 'dreams' or 'nightmares'."

Roeper: "One greasy thumb down."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:08 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

jasmine mirage

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 09:37 am
Fifty First Spams

Henry Roth (Adam Sandler) is a veterinarian living in Hawaii who enjoys the company of vacationing women. He leaves the playboy life behind after he falls for Lucy (Drew Barrymore), who suffers from short-term memory loss and spends all of her waking hours compulsively purchasing SPAM from every food store on the glorious island of Hawaii. Since she can never remember buying this canned delicacy, Lucy's life (and apartment) has become a mess. Henry romances Lucy every single day with hopes that she will fall for him and learns how to create both love, and fashionable home furniture out of this hilarious bevy of tin. A fresh (albeit processed) twist on the "Ground hog" theme!

It gets my five-slice rating /////

Soundtrack:

Spam by Me - Ben E. King
When We Meat Again - Alanis Morissette
Put Your Head on My Pork Shoulder - Paul Anka
Sososodium - Phil Collins
Tin Man - America
Saturate My Heart - Toni Braxton
Luncheon Girl - The Jam
Gelatinous Guy - John Lennon
Smells Like Teen's Sneakers - Nirvana
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 11:07 am
Kudos Merry!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:21 pm
Like that, Jasmine and especially the slippery score.
0 Replies