Eight glasses of water a day

noinipo

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 06:59 am
Count me among the believers of some of these urban myths.
Eight glasses of water a day - and other myths.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20071221.wlmyth21/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/home?cid=al_gam_mostview
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,139 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 08:35 am
Interesting.

Re the water...I don't know how or who picked this number.

It's impossible that someone 5'1" and 110 pounds needs the same to stay hydrated as a 6'2" 190 pound person.

Many people should drink more water than they do, but needn't look at 64oz as etched in stone.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 11:01 am
Also depends on how active a person is. I'm a believer that water is good.

I seriously want to punch people who say hair grows back faster if you shave. If you really think about that for more than a split second, common sense should tell you it's not true.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 01:39 pm
oh yeah, that's annoying, but when someone says that it always seems to be in the middle of something else they're talking about, so it kind of just slides by.

I had some hair laser removed, and did some reading on it. I forget the exact %, but something like only 15% to 20% of your hair is in an active growth phase at any one time. That's why you have to go back for several treatments, because the follicle can only be destroyed during that phase. Unfortunately, each hair is on its own little individual timer.

I'll bet it drives you crazy when people say muscle "turns into" fact when you stop exercising.
0 Replies