Oz election thread #3 - Rudd's Labour

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:51 pm
And one last one. (I was rudely interrupted by the flood filter last night - not exactly a new experience! Ha. Wink Razz )
So what to do with a deposed Kevin? Caucus position? No, too potentially destabilizing for the new team. A convenient ambassadorial position o/s? (Watch this space.) Nah, off to the backbench for the duration. With a promise of a caucus position if Labor wins the election. Betcha he'll be gone in a flash. Oz ambassador to .....? (insert country/international organization) .... :

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/06/28/1225885/377981-100629-nicholson.jpg
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:56 pm
@msolga,
OK, this thread is now officially closed.

Goodbye, Kevin O7. That was an "interesting" term in office.

Good luck for your future.

Now people, the next phase of Oz politics is can be followed here.:

http://able2know.org/topic/153465-1
dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:07 pm
@msolga,
Sure was a hell of a ride!!!!
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:15 pm
@dlowan,
It certainly was, Deb.

It's a very, very weird experience to go back to the very start of this thread & observe the excitement surrounding Keven 07's election victory & compare that to where he's ended up now. (And I don't recommend that actually anyone do that, it's kinda depressing. Wink ) But, of course, our elation at the time was very much to do with relegating Howard to the dustbin of history, too!)

But yes, what a short, very weird ride it was.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 10:06 am
Howard's mistake was his overt collusion with the most corrupt admin in the history of US politics, and his complete denial of public sentiment regarding same.

Rudd's mistake was micromanagement. He thought he could be all things to all people. No chance, Kruddy. Gotta hand over some control to others in a job of that magnitude.
msolga

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:56 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Rudd's mistake was micromanagement. He thought he could be all things to all people. No chance, Kruddy. Gotta hand over some control to others in a job of that magnitude.

Yes, apparently that was more than a bit of a problem!

Just curious, Builder.
Did you watch Q&A on Monday night?
Any further thoughts following that?
Builder

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 09:15 am
@msolga,

Quote:
Just curious, Builder.
Did you watch Q&A on Monday night?

I try not to watch the toob, unless I want a weather update, Msolga.

Is it somewhere online?
msolga

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 06:01 pm
@Builder,
I don't watch much television, either, Builder. Hardly any at all.
But Q&A is usually good value ("finger on the pulse" issues & discussions, from audience questions) & I've started watching it again.(It's on the ABC on Monday nights if you haven't watched it yet.)

I checked iview, the ABC's online site for you, where you can catch some previously broadcast ABC programs.
http://www.abc.net.au/iview/
Unfortunately the current series of Q&A is not yet available.

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 11:34 pm
@msolga,
No, hang on, I found it!
Here it is!
Top, far right of the screen:

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#
Builder

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 01:23 am
@msolga,
You're a true gem, Msolga. I'm thinking amethyst.

Thankyou.
msolga

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 01:23 am
@Builder,
My pleasure. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:40 pm
@msolga,
I see "the Rudd issue" has lingered all week. (Well how could I possibly miss it? The media has had a field day since Monday night's Q&A) Wink )

Yesterday's Insiders:
http://www.abc.net.au/insiders/
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:58 pm
@msolga,
Well, Kevin Rudd may be back on stage, albeit in a minor role for the moment.
Is that about it? I must admit I have been elsewhere for awhile. I missed the whole thing about the commodore's sex scandal.
msolga

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:16 pm
@realjohnboy,
RJB, he has actually never gone away.
Not since Julia Gillard replaced him as the leader of the ALP & also as PM.
There are those who claim he is constantly plotting revenge, to undermine Gillard's leadership.
Following last weeks Q&A, there has been much media speculation about whether he intends to have another shot at the leadership.
Who know?
But of course, the constant speculation has been extremely useful to the conservatives (& fueled for all it's worth by them!) whose sole aim is to undermine the Gillard government.
They have never really accepted their narrow loss at the last election & have done everything possible to discredit & undermine the Labor government's standing. Very ugly politics in Oz in 2011.

That said, I think it might be time to get back to the current Oz election thread. Wink
0 Replies