Project Runway--Back Again

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 06:19 pm
I watched the first two seasons of this show. I enjoy seeing the creative process in action. I like to see what the designers come up with. There are some amazing characters in this show. Some of them are actually not annoying.

The first episode was last night. I agreed with the winner. Gorgeous gray dress. I didn't agree with the loser. Sloppily made and unattractive, sure. But the dress with the garbage coming out the rear was far worse.

Is anybody watching?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 26,419 • Replies: 357

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 06:20 pm
I love that show, never catch it.

When is it on? (I know, I could look it up.)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 06:25 pm
Wednesday, 10 p.m., Bravo.

I stumbled across it. Didn't know when it was coming back.

Soz, they rerun episodes all the time. You can probably catch part 1 if you can find it.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:01 pm
I knew the crazy lady with the garbage dress would stay. They always have to have one of them every season. Last time it was Santino, remember? He almost won it all. As for the grey dress...I didn't like it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 11:48 pm
Swimpy, Was Santino last time or two times ago? Not that it matters.

So you didn't like the gray dress. Which did you like?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 02:48 pm
None of them got me too excited. I thought the garbage dress would have been nice if she'd left off the garbage.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 03:19 pm
I love this show! Has anyone heard that they now have Fantasy Project Runway, which is similar to Fantasy Football? I thought that was hysterical!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:18 pm
In a woid, eh. Designs were eh. Idea was eh. The winning design, eh. The losing design, double eh.

One thing that didn't disappoint was the meshugina who spits on the fabric. (This is the person from last week who had the garbage spilling out the back of her dress.) I didn't think her design was anything special. But the spitting and her refusal/inability to use a sewing machine put her in the category of ubermeshug.

I hope things pick up for the rest of the season.

Yellowrosebud, Didn't mean to ignore your message. I've heard of fantasy football, but I don't know how it operates. So it's a bit of a challenge for me to make the leap from football to fashion design.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 10:13 am
I finally had a chance to catch the last episode. I liked the dress that won. I thought the spitter's dress was OK, but I didn't care for the cape-thingy. The rest were not memorable at all.

I always feel this ambivalence at the beginning of each season. there are too many contestants. I can't keep track of them all. It also seems like they are doing the challenges in reverse. The first one, where they are free to create something without restrictions, usually comes at the end.

Maybe they are running out of ideas.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 05:29 am
Swimpy wrote:

Maybe they are running out of ideas.

I hope not Swimpy. We'll see tonight whether they can come up with anything interesting.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 11:20 pm
Menswear! A challenge, but not the most visually interesting--except for the male models. Shocked (Be still my heart.)

So not having a shirt is worse than having a shirt that looks like it was made by a chimpanzee. (No offense intended to the apes.)

If things don't get more interesting soon, this could be my last season.

Hey, think up something interesting!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:57 am
I agree...and Tiki Barber? How many people watching this program even know who he is?

Hold on to hope, Roberta. The show always gets better as the pack thins.
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:56 am
Roberta wrote:

So not having a shirt is worse than having a shirt that looks like it was made by a chimpanzee. (No offense intended to the apes.)

what's to offend? chimps don't troll the forums, nor do they make clothes, lol
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:57 pm
Finally! An interesting challenge. Take outdated trends and modernize them. The twist being the team approach, so that three trends would look like a collection.

Not much of a cohesive look in some of the collections. Sorry to see Chris go. I liked him. Not a standout. The jacket was not a good choice. But I liked him.

The previously mentioned meshugina is turning out to exhibit some talent. Go figure.

I hope things continue to be interesting. This show almost lost me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:16 pm
Another interesting challenge. Women who've lost a lot of weight. Take their favorite outfit from when they were fat and make something new and appropriate for them now.

Steve (think that's his name) got sick, so they brought Chris back. One look at his design, and I thought, "Gee, I hope he didn't upack." But he survived only because of two even more ooky outfits.

Of the two top designs, I thought the order should have been reversed. This might be because I thought the bearded guy's design was better or because I don't like Christian.

Am I the only one watching?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 11:05 pm
I don't have cable!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even suppose to be looking at this thread!

blah.
Have to wait for it to go to DVD. Haven't even seen the last season yet.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:17 am
You're not the only one watching. I think the one that left was Jack, wasn't it?

I thought that Christian's outfit was really good. He deserved to win. The rest of them were mediocre at best. That monstrosity that Steve made was laughable. He deserved to be out. I don't think the moon child Elisa (?) is long for this show. Chris might not last much longer either. As likeable as he is, he doesn't ring much inspiration to his designs.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 02:35 pm
Swimpy, Yes, it was Jack, not Steve, who got sick. And, yes, Steve deserved to be eliminated. What was he thinking? Even I could have come up with something better than the French maid's outfit. How about a nice suit with a stunning white satin blouse?

I thought Christian's outfit was excellent, but I liked the outfit made by the bearded guy better. Either of them was the right choice.

You call her the moon child; I call her the meshugina. She's shown a few sparks of talent, but her outfit this week was from hunger.

I like Chris, but it looks like he's designing for Disney characters.

Things are started to get interesting.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 04:29 pm
I agree. I like the show better as the contestant numbers are smaller and you finally get to know them better. Christian is really bitchy. (hehe) I'm starting to warm to the little guy. Cool I can't wait to be rid of Sweet P.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 08:07 am
Was it on this week? What did I miss?
0 Replies