Tips for Designing your bathroom

Tue 30 Oct, 2007 06:27 am
Wel come friends. Here you can ask your questiions about bathroom products and accessories and get effective tips for designing your bathrooms. you can also suggest people your favourite bathroom brands.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 1,497 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

Doowop

Tue 30 Oct, 2007 06:33 am
Hello, I wonder if you could explain exactly what a bidet is for? It seems to be too low to drink out of unless it's a Friday night and I've crawled in from the pub, and doesn't have enough space in there to wash my boots.

Is it something that you turn on for inspiration when you're standing there, unable to tinkle?
0 Replies

Doowop

Tue 30 Oct, 2007 06:40 am
I did once ask an american, along the lines of "what the hell would you wash with that?"
He just turned and said "a**hole", which I thought was pretty rude.

Maybe he'd had a bad day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:40 am
Here's a nifty website with a bathroom show..

http://www.darkcreek.com/toilets

I got that from this LA Times article/blog -
http://www.latimes.com/search/dispatcher.front?Query=bathroom+diaries&target=blendedsearch&first-page-size=5
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 30 Oct, 2007 11:52 pm
Under no circumstances should a bathroom contain a toilet. (or a bidet Very Happy )

Whoever thought that idea was clever, clearly has rocks for brains.

I've redesigned a few bathrooms in my time on the tools. Some great, some not so great.

The only advice I could offer is, take you time in the design stage, because once the tiles are in, it's a very expensive "fix up" to change anything.
0 Replies

solipsister

Wed 31 Oct, 2007 12:48 am
Re: Tips for Designing your bathroom
Reflections wrote:
Wel come friends. Here you can ask your questiions about bathroom products and accessories and get effective tips for designing your bathrooms. you can also suggest people your favourite bathroom brands.

I adore branding in the bathroom and bathroom people suggestions. If I had to plug one then my best tip goes clean thru scooping out the inner muck is the one that comes to mind. The weigh that you can cotton on to both ends, ooo. I love to accessorise with bathroom product. Brown is my favourite colour.
0 Replies

Doowop

Wed 31 Oct, 2007 02:03 am
I once had a go at branding in the bathroom, but the Aberdeen Angus got one of his hooves caught in a loose floorboard and caused quite a bit of damage during the ensuing panic.

The only serious tip I would give about bathrooms, is to make sure you place your spirit level on the top rim of the bath when setting the thing in place, as opposed to putting it in the base of the bath.
I once had a customer who's husband had installed his bath using the wrong level, and then found that the water took ages to drain away.
The problem was that he had completed several rows of tiles, using the upper rim of the bath as his "level". By the time he'd tiled half the wall, he stood back and found that the rows were gaining two inches in height during their course from one side to the other.
Don't you just love DIYer's who just jump in with both feet?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 31 Oct, 2007 10:52 am
This has it's place, but I'd go for prettier tile...

http://darkcreek.com/files/images/French_Squatter_Toilet.jpg
from the darkcreek link above
0 Replies

edwardgordy

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 07:26 am
People should hire a professional interior designer in order to have an attractive bathroom design. Now a days, there are various websites available that provides best quality bathroom accessories that can make your bathroom more attractive and beautiful.
0 Replies

Aiden Brown

Thu 2 May, 2013 08:12 pm
Bathroom designing is usually considered fancy. In most of the cases tiles are fixed on the floor and the walls but regarding artistic work, use of concrete or cement can also be seen for decorative look of the bathroom.
0 Replies

thetempo

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:59 pm
@Reflections,
the furniture for bathroom should be maisture proof. Good ventilation can make your bathroom a healthy place. Except moisture proof, bathroom flooring matherial should be anti-slippery. bathroom has become the place people be hurt offen.
0 Replies

Adityavarma

Tue 6 May, 2014 11:50 pm
Helo all my bathroom tub is light green colour and please recommend me colour of my tiles

Thank You
0 Replies