What did you dream last night?

vonny

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 02:45 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
it's an excellent thing to dream

Still can't work out why I only had one recurring dream for so many years, then suddenly start to have very lucid and very different ones! The night before last I was in the bathroom of a very old house, only one tap had water coming from it - the hot tap - and it was the colour of rust or old blood. I started to get into it, but then realised I hadn't put the light on. When I pulled the light cord, nothing happened - it was almost dark. And that was it!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 04:34 pm
@vonny,
I still think you can interpret dreams to a degree.

I had a reoccurring dream for years as well. Always running, around the block, hiding behind trees, climbing over fences knowing I was being chased. Never, ever got back home... Damn debt collectors.

Then one that I take myself to.. Consciously . Someone once told me to do this and I swear whenever I do I feel fantastic, great night sleep, wake up feeling refreshed.

All they said was to find a dream that I love and concentrate on seeing that dream whilst falling asleep.

So, I firstly seem to hover and see a room with a door and bench seat, the room is glassed in. I then see myself sitting there waiting for grandma. I don't see her but I smile, as I know she is there and so, I then float up into the sky, but I am carrying heavy baggage. I then get to a black hole and look down, and throw the baggage into it. I feel lighter. I then fly up (damn I knew there was a reason I was a witch, just clicked to me ) , and end up on a pathway. There are woods to the right, black pansies and yellow daffodils.

I see a two storey white house with a wrap around balcony to the left, my grandmother is standing up there waving at me. My cat (last one) well actually one before, is there running up to me, or walking fast.. I can see inside the house, pots and pans hanging from the ceiling, stair case, ceiling fans and white cowboy style open doors..

Grandma and I walk to the end of the yard, to a cliff.. The sea is below and we talk.. Look out on the sea, smile, the whole time I am feeling fantastic.

As, I venture this dream more often (haven't done it for a few years, must do), A monkey greets me now. Later, seems that he has had a family how did that happen? Mind you I love spider monkeys.. I guess next visit, Missy will be there to great me too.

Often I have a whole bunch of animals in my dreams and I seem to be saving one..

Interpretation .... Many admirers apparently so I have to be wary, as they are there for their own needs .... Hope that means male admirers that would be nice, na just kidding... I be happy.

spendius

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 04:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I had a reoccurring dream for years as well. Always running, around the block, hiding behind trees, climbing over fences knowing I was being chased. Never, ever got back home... Damn debt collectors.

More likely rapists I should think.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 05:50 pm
@spendius,
HAHA.

Gawd, that's scary to think about... Encountered that three times in my life spendius, but they did not succeed.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 08:34 am
I had a doozy last night.

I had boxes jam packed with kittens. I was apparantly going out of town so I took them down to the kitten storage facility.

When I started putting my boxes on the converyer belt, I realized that everyone else was also providing containers of food, placing them next to their kitten boxes.

I panicked, trying to find someone to tell me if I could be charged extra so the kittens could be provided food. How stupid could I have been showing up without food!

Suddenly I was back at home, in my bedroom, with more boxes full of kittens, puppies and ducklings.

Ducklings for Christ's sake.

I put the ducklings up on a high shelf to keep them out of the way for the time being, and started opening up cans of cat food to feed everone. I had no puppy food, but there was no time. They would just have to make due during this crisis.

I woke up just as the was realizing the ducklings didn't have water.

Germlat

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 08:38 am
@Joe Nation,
I had a dream I swallowed a giant marshmallow . When I woke up my pillow was gone!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 09:59 am
@chai2,
Perhaps you're getting broody chai.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:01 pm
Does anybody have recurring dreams?
I have a few-
1- I'm in a bus station wondering what city I'm in, and wondering where i've come from and where I'm going, and what bus i'm supposed to get on.
2- I'm on a long bike ride in the middle of the countryside not knowing where I'm going, and wishing I had a map.
3- I'm visiting my old home town (Leicester) but a lot of it's in ruins, there are demolished buildings and rubble everywhere. Sometimes I manage to find the old family home but when i go in its cold, dark and deserted with cobwebs everywhere..
allensmith

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:03 pm
I had a wierd vivid one last night, now that you mention it.

I was biking around with my friend in these beautiful mountains with my friend and I had forgotten my bike and I was using his brothers. While using his brother's bike I realized tat his break lever was like two feet down ( it's a dream) but in general it meant that I could pretty much not break.

So we were biking along the mountains and we started going down the hills and my bike kept getting closer and closer and for some odd reason I could not help it. I think, in my dream physics, I was going to fast so if I tried to turn to hard I would fall or something like that. So I just kept creeping closer and closer to the ledge. I went to pull on the breaks but, as I mentioned before, the break levers were way for down and I couldn't reach. So I just fell hopelessly essentially

But the interesting thing about this dream was about a foot before I fell off the cliff, it was kind of a big cliff (maybe 40 feet) I knew I was going to die. I knew I was going to fall off this cliff and I wouldn't be getting back up, and so I did. My body fell off and I just kept thinking, wow this is it. This is how it all ends. I was terrified to start but eventually I just kind of accepted my fate. My life didn't really flash before my eyes. I wasn't sad or remorseful, I just kept thinking, wow this is the way it ends and there is nothing I nor anyone else can do about it.

One of the most vivid dreams I have ever had. Also the closest to death I have ever been in all truthfulness. It felt so real like a barcode embed in my head that i can't get it out of my mind!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Id say about half the nights I dream a dream that is a repeat or nearly so. I know as I am dreaming it that it is a dream and that I have had it before. I forget 2-15 seconds after I wake up almost always. If I try to remember till I write it down I usually can.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:51 pm
Last night I dreamt that someone I knew (can't remember who, it was a male) suddenly changed into a creature that was just his head, then spider legs coming out of his neck. He was scuttling around, and I was trying to jerk up my feet to get away.

Later, I was doing something else in a totally different location, and he came running through on his hairy spider legs.

I think I'm watching too much American Horror Story.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 05:45 am
Recently, i told Joe about controlling my dreams. He thought that was pretty cool, but i told him i thought it was a bad idea. I told him that after i had stopped trying to control my dreams (it was leading to insomnia, and other sleep disorders), that i had very vivid dreams, some of them like works of art, and some of them like motion pictures. After i told him about that, a few nights later i had a dream, during part of which, i was walking by one of the Great Lakes. I looked out over the lake, and saw an ore boat--but it was a pen and ink drawing, of amazing complexity, and colored with water color washes in several shades of gray--pearl gray, medium gray, blue gray, slate gray. About a week later, i had a motion picture dream, and the lead role was played by Patricia Neal.

A couple of nights ago, i dreamt that i was driving through Columbus, Ohio, in a fairly familiar dreamscape. But as i came to the top of a hill, i saw before me a devastated landscape, as though the city had been shelled by artillery or had been bombed by aircraft. So i backed up, turned around, and drove back north to look ofr a turn off to my left, to the west. When i took it, i suddenly found myself driving through a cemetery in which all the tombstones were chipped, or broken, or knocked over, shattered on the ground. As will happen in dreams, the car disappeared, and i was walking with the little dog on a leash in my left hand. Then there was lamb on a leash in my right hand. (Hey, it was a dream.) I approached a large building that looked like a gigantic mausoleum, which i knew to be a stone mason's shop in which the tombstones had been carved. Going around the building, i saw that my path was blocked by huge piles of tombstones, except for a narrow path by the building. As i took that path, a bizarre looking bird creature, with rotting flesh and a skeletal head leapt out onto the back of the lamb. I woke up at that point--it was all very macabre..

But the really interesting part was that the entire sequence after i turned left was an art pencil drawing as though done on ivory Bristol board. The quality of the art work far exceeded anything that i'd ever have been able to do.

It was as though, having told Joe of my dreaming experiences, my unconscious mind decided to serve up some more of the strange dreams i had had many years ago.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 10:42 pm
Glad to see this thread has revived.

I think, Setanta, our unconscious is inside our minds trying to figure out what the hell is going on out here and it takes clues from our senses and our thoughts. So, think about controlling your dreams and, you're right, your unconscious says "Hey, let's try this doozie on him."

Joe(not that it helps figure out anything, just to let you know, it's in there, listening.)Nation
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 08:12 pm
Joe, yours and Set's posts are striking a chord with me.

Wally just started to get EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapy for PTSD. He's only had one session. One side effect of it can be very vivid dreams, for a while. A couple of minutes after I got in bed last night, Wally, who had been sleeping maybe a 1/2 hour, suddenly cried out in what sounded like fear, which woke him up. He doesn't remember anything about that when I asked him just now.

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 07:20 am
@chai2,
That's the interesting part, or one of the many, I guess.
.Your brain is dreaming right now as it gathers the sensory information and your thoughts and tries to process both as it directs your hands and eyes to hold the coffee pot still while you fill it with water.

When you sleep your brain really gets to work on the data, but you have to remember it's blind, your eyes see, your brain doesn't. It works only on memory data.

One question Wally might ask his therapist is whether the treatment has increased the dreaming of the patients. It's been my experience that vivid, memorable dreams (even the ones difficult to watch) are better than no dreams at all.

Joe(all the best to Wally)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 08:18 am
I believe i am correct in stating that everyone dreams, although they may not recall it. I don't think you can increase your dreams, although you might remember more. One dream cycle, each 90 minutes, that's all you get.
0 Replies