Gala

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 01:26 pm
Hi All, I haven't been to this site in ages-- I was wondering a) how you have been? and b) does anyone have a good hot toddy recipe for tea they'd like to share?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,703 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 03:00 pm
Heat up about an inch of honey in a glass placed in a pan of water. When the honey gets runny, add lemon juice till it tastes about right, which is probably about the same volumn as the honey. Now, add about another inch of blended whiskey. Drink fairly quickly, just before bedtime. This does wonders for the common cold

Yes, Gala, I did notice you asked about tea. Sorry 'bout that, and welcome back.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 03:10 pm
roger wrote:
Heat up about an inch of honey in a glass placed in a pan of water. When the honey gets runny, add lemon juice till it tastes about right, which is probably about the same volumn as the honey. Now, add about another inch of blended whiskey. Drink fairly quickly, just before bedtime. This does wonders for the common cold

Yes, Gala, I did notice you asked about tea. Sorry 'bout that, and welcome back.
nobody, I mean NOBODY ever allows "blended whisky" into their body. Well OK, maybe roger does.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:26 pm
roger wrote:

roger, sorry about what? and thanks for the welcome back. This recipe sounds really good. I am going to give it a try-- now that the weather in the MidAtlantic has turned seasonably cool (Monday and Tuesday both days hit 90, plus it's swampy muggy air).

All I have to do is buy the booze.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:50 am
Mmm. Hot toddies are good in winter.

I like mine with Jamaican Spiced Rum instead of whiskey. I brew a decent black tea, your choice as you can use anything really, add a few teaspoons of honey and lemon to the hot mix, dissolve, then add a generous bit o' rum.
0 Replies