Health?

Books?

Fun?

Tv?

Everything?
Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 06:22 pm
@dlowan,
debbele, I haven't seen the dogs or heard from Joanie. I look at pictures of the dogs and me. Not the same as the real thing.

Life is not terrible. I'm hoping to retire. I can't do it because of money. But there's a chance that the city will lower my rent. Then I might be able to. I'm not sure I can continue to work. I'm having trouble remembering words. And sometimes I misread words. Not the best situation for an editor/proofreader.

My health has not changed. I managed to get an appointment with a neurologist. She ordered an MRI to check on the stability of my tumor. I also kvetched to her about my memory, my misreading words, my slowing down mentally, and my overall increasing stoopidity. How do people live like this?

I have a bit more fun than I used to. I enjoy the book club. Yes, I'm the kid in the group. I like most of these women, and I enjoy causing trouble with my opinions. I warned them that I was opinionated. Warning is one thing. Seeing is believing. Hah!

I still watch a lot of tv. And I'm still broke or below broke. Fie on money. Also phooey.

And how's by you, bunny?
Shineseyal

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2016 01:51 am
@Roberta,
All the best
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:16 am
@Roberta,
Boida, is there a way you could contact whoever put you in touch with Joanie and get another therapy dog referral?

It just seems it was such a great thing in your life that it shouldn't fizzle with one provider's misfortunes.

Me? I'm fine.

Doing major culling and minor work on house. Work busy as ever. Back better...touch wood!

Woollies about to get a cat exercise wheel delivered. Yes, I can't believe it either! I'm hoping Sebastian will like it.

He has won the getting to be allowed outside battle by attrition....but remains with excess energy. I'll kill them if they don't use it!!!!

Roberta

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 11:35 pm
@dlowan,
Deb, I asked my social services agency to find me another dog--temporarily. No one could ever replace Heaven and Holly in my heart, but I don't just want a dog. I need a dog.

Glad your back is better.

Are the woollies using the wheel?
margo

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 02:41 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Are the woollies using the wheel?

They're doing wheeeely well!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 03:46 pm
@Roberta,
You DO need a dog! Any news on that front?

Woollies using wheel lots...although Sebastian has mainly used it to train me to come and give him lots of attention!

Sebastian uses it more but when viola gets into it she REALLY gets into it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:15 am
Those of you who've been following this thread are only too aware of what a fantastic and gifted kvetch I am. You've also been presented with sufficient evidence of how superlative I am at being a pain in the ass. However, you've never borne witness to what an excellent noodge I can be. I start with gentle, almost imperceptible bumps and build until there's a crescendo of noodging (hard to resist).

If noodging doesn't work, I switch to manipulation. Another great gift of mine, but rarely used these days. When I was a kid, fuggedaboudit.

What is all this leading to?

The dogs are coming to see me on March 22. I'm almost weepy. I'm smiling big time between the tears.
vonny

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 02:15 pm
@Roberta,
Oh hurrah Roberta - that's wonderful news. I'm thrilled for you! Roll on the 22nd of March.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 02:18 pm
@Roberta,
This is great news.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 02:22 pm
@Roberta,
http://rs1296.pbsrc.com/albums/ag7/bkgurl208/Animated%20GIFs/tumblr_md1eqkIyap1qiz3j8o1_500_zps6d89bea6.gif~c200
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 02:24 pm
Enjoy the doggies!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 05:06 pm
@Roberta,
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

They're going to be coming regularly again????!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 06:24 pm
Thanks all for the congrats and good wishes. I miss those dogs mightily. THOSE dogs. Someone in my book group brought her dog to a meeting just for me. A cutie, but that indefinable something, the connection wasn't there.

deb, I have to see what Joanie has to say. She's got a lot on her plate just now. I'm not a good whiner, and I don't cut it at acting pathetic. (Nobody's perfect.) I gotta play this by ear.

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 04:16 am
@Roberta,
Can we act pathetic for you?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 04:32 am
@Roberta,
Just stumbled onto this thread but Glad to hear you in good spirits Roberta.

Did want to say that the A2k community has been a joy during my recovery from hip replacement. Thought I might lose the leg this time but I lucked out. My addiction to planes, hot rods and motorcycles continues.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 10:18 am
@Leadfoot,
It's an all-time good thread.
Glad you've still got your leg!
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 10:23 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks! I'll stop by again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 06:17 pm
Hope the little doggies get there soon.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 06:24 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
The dogs are coming to see me on March 22.

I think we're all ready for this Smile