Surgery--Again

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm attending here as ms. purply black boob. That was from the second surg. Startling, for sure.

I'm another quack so I won't say but you know I tend to agree with CJane on lots of stuff. I like your staff though, however they figure it.

Anyway, a bunch of us empathize.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:18 pm
For a public hospital, the medical staff at Bellevue continue to amaze me. High-quality docs. High-quality care. My internist is remaining at Bellevue but will no longer be in internal medicine. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her any time I have questions or need to talk. She also showed me a picture of her dog Banjo.

I refer to my pulmonary doc as my guardian angel. He's the doctor who nearly fainted when I asked him how he's doing.

Note: I'm a very experienced patient. I know what to ask, what to say, and what to do. I was recently in the ER. I was barking orders like the head doctor. Get me this. Do that. No, you gotta do this first.

BTW: I had a PET scan in April. Cancer almost always shows up on PET scans. This wasn't there. So not only is it very small, but it appears to be very new.

Another note: The doc said it's possible that the radiation on my throat my have caused this cancer. It certainly has had other glorious side effects. Hypothyroidism and no teeth. However, according to some reports, I'm still alive, so I guess I shouldn't complain. This has certainly never stopped me before.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:27 pm
@Roberta,
Pure Roberta post, and right on.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe it was already sucked up?

I'll be quiet now.
0 Replies

dianef

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 04:23 pm
@Roberta,
Oh Boidy, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Glad your internist was able to bully her way in to get you in to see the cancer docs.

Here's hoping the dogs have big, wet sloppy kisses for you. Love you.

BTW, I had to change my user name after my computer crashed. I tried to keep it as close as possible to the original Diane.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 12:43 am
@Roberta,
Waiting and sending good thoughts.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 06:47 am
@Roberta,
Thinking of you Roberta - and hoping for a really good outcome.
Yvonne x
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 04:10 pm
@Roberta,
Hey New York,long time no talk,my bad.**** news BUT Naomi's bf Charlie beat it.She won't mind me saying this but,if a dizzy blond can give the bird to the big C,then i bloody-well know you can! Massive healing hugs from me and The Fredster ((You)) Buy the way,are you EVER gonna friend me on Facebook?
Roberta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 04:07 am
@Barry The Mod,
Holy doody, Look who's showing up. Hey, Lady Di. How the hell are you? You know how the hell I am.

Hey Barry, I've already beaten the Big C several times. I take a pragmatic approach to such matters. What is is. And let's not be besmirching the reputation of dizzy blondes. Sorry, I don't do Facebook. I don't like it.

I made lasagna tonight. I'm getting some energy back. But Wednesday and possibly Thursday will be lump days. If this dizzy, graying brunette can't lump, then what's the pernt?
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 05:01 am
@Roberta,
Oy. My good thoughts are coming direct from midtown.

Any knowledge of when what will be done will be done?

0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 08:47 am
Beaming big-time positive thoughts down the I-95 corridor to ya!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:49 am
@Roberta,
Any news Boida? We still see you on the 23rd?
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 02:03 pm
@dlowan,
No new news. I'll be there on the 23rd.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 05:01 pm
Back from Bellevue. It was a grueling day. I saw the surgeon who met with a bunch of doctors to discuss my case. To make a very long story relatively short, the surgery is scheduled for June 24. I see the radiation oncologist next week. I see medical clearance and something else the following week, and I see some kind of nuclear medicine person the day before the surgery so that a nuclear thingy can be inserted.

It's been decided that I will have a lumpectomy. I'll also have about three weeks of radiation. I'm sulking about that. I don't like having to get up to an alarm clock five days a week. I'll manage.

Today I had blood tests, an EKG, and a chest X-ray. I also met with a nurse who was giving me all kinds of info--written and oral. I told her not to worry. I'm a professional patient (unsalaried) and know about pre-op stuff.

I left the house at 9:15 and got home at 5 p.m. A long day.

In the waiting area patients started asking me all kinds of medical questions. Hey, wait for the doctor. I thought it might be a breast cancer group thing. When I got outside, a total stranger came up to me and asked me what he should do about thick phlegm!! See a doctor and leave me alone.

I'm tired.
margo

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 05:11 pm
@Roberta,
Sound like a fairly drastic couple of weeks coming up!

You'll need all your energy reserves. Sorry I can't be there to keep you out of mischief! Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 05:13 pm
@Roberta,
OK, action happening. I'm glad - glad is not the right word, maybe find it satisfactory that - you are having both treatments. So, time for some doggy visits.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 06:09 pm
@Roberta,
Oy veh! Hope all goes well. It will be a bummer waiting. And then a bummer.

Meanwhile would it help if we send you a toy stethoscope and a tag saying " Ask a doctor! I am not a doctor!"
Roberta

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:06 pm
@dlowan,
Minor update. I got a call from the hospital today. No nuclear thingie. Good. I already glow in the dark from all the radiation.

You coulda knocked me over with a feather. My internist called me. She's been checking on what's been happening with me and wanted to call to let me know she's there for me. She said she'd try to come to see me when I'm in the recovery room. Amazing.

Margo, Energy reserves I can use. Keeping out of mischief? No thanks. I like mischief. I haven't been involved in enough lately.

Osso, The dogs are coming on Saturday. I warned Joanie that I might not be able to contain myself and may be waiting in the street. She'd prefer that I not do this. Why. Because when the dogs see me they start to run. Whoa doggies.

Bunny, I'm happy to be sent anything as long as it's free.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:20 pm
@Roberta,
I love your internist from all this far away.

Meantime, Woof!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 06:37 pm
@Roberta,
Thank bloody goodness no radiotherapy!